Changing App Icons Seem to Have Function for X10 QWERTY-blackberry-x10-n-series-2.jpg

I've read a couple times on CB that some don't like grayish outline around the app icons.

If RIM got rid of the shadow box, shifted the rows up a tad bit, and made the bottom bar slightly thinner (yet still big enough to easily access), a third row of apps would be able to fit in. You'd get the most app icons on screen without making them too small to identify, and not feeling like a crowded mess either. And that would make it less tiring (and annoying) flipping through a bazillion pages to find an app. Just look at the amount of page scroll dots for a clue...

RIM. I hope you're listening!
    12-29-12 06:20 PM
    I posted this suggestion in the other leaked picture thread.

I count 8 dots representing icon launch pages. Can you imagine flipping through those pages if you didn't remember where you place an particular app icon?

They really should have another way of launching apps. The obvious one is universal search using the keyboard. Start typing letters and a list of apps gets filtered by name. Another method is gesture search (which I am heavily reliant on) or other swipe based launchers. For the app developers out there, there's an idea.
    12-29-12 06:36 PM
    RIm should change the app icon disposition to one that has more icons on the app grid, or instead they could put all the apps on one page with down scrolling and create tabs like on the PB.
    12-29-12 06:50 PM
    Do you know if u hold the bottom of which Page u like u could fast scroll
    12-29-12 06:58 PM
    Why the screen looks smaller?
    12-29-12 07:02 PM
    Why are the icons that freaking big ?! Can't they just make them smaller and have a 3x6 like the bold 99xx ?
    12-29-12 07:09 PM
    Truth, the screen is laughably small
    12-29-12 07:12 PM
    It's just the camera. It will be 3.1 inches. I have been a diehard qwerty user, but I think I might go for the Z10 this time. Need to see them both, together.

I was hoping the bb10 qwerty would be a 3.5 inch screen. The bigger screen would trump the one handed use for me., and I suspect more smartphone users would lean that way as well. Make it wider, a little taller and you are there. I think that would be the ultimate bb qwerty.

We shall see on the 30th!!!!
    12-29-12 07:17 PM
    I think the best way they can do it is to make the app list scroll vertically just like on their old devices and the playbook.
    12-29-12 08:05 PM