Is there any way I can hide all the posts from the Playbook forum?
    If that was available, it would be greatly appreciated.
    04-25-11 09:11 PM
    How about if all haters don't get a reply? seriously ignoring them would be good. let htem troll on threads and discussions but if no one replies or quotes them it'd discourage them on hating and torlling right?
    04-25-11 09:51 PM
    It's been my observation that the level of the discussions have essentially followed the same path as political debate. It's gotten uglier with more personal attacks and a lot less debate of the questions. I think there needs to be a forum called "I want to rant against(insert device, OS, or company)". Let them have free reign there. Or, maybe a sister site called Troll Central.
    04-25-11 10:04 PM
    It's been my observation that the level of the discussions have essentially followed the same path as political debate. It's gotten uglier with more personal attacks and a lot less debate of the questions. I think there needs to be a forum called "I want to rant against(insert device, OS, or company)". Let them have free reign there. Or, maybe a sister site called Troll Central.
    Those aren't bad at all!
    04-25-11 10:26 PM
    I completely agree with everything in the OP thread, and every post in related to how CrackBerry isn't how it used to be. I can't even see it going back to how it was anytime soon, if ever. As a lot of people have stated, I used to come here reading new stuff I didn't know about BlackBerries, or RIM and It would be so interesting. I'd learn something new every time I came here. Then I started being able to help people, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That was until this recent mass of trolls came running in here. They have no input that is necessary to post, or to make new threads about and it is overflowing this site with non-sense that makes people not want to even search the site, or makes people want to leave the site.

As for me, I am going to leave this site for now. I will check back every once in the while, to see if any of the trollness has died done. Maybe, if I need, I'll google and issue + CrackBerry to see if there is a solution. I just can't stand seeing trolls posting pretty much everywhere and creating new threads about pointless things anymore.

I really hope when I come back, it's too a basically troll-free CrackBerry and I hope everyone enjoys their BlackBerry, and if you own one, your PlayBook!!
    04-25-11 10:58 PM
    I'm so glad the OP said this.
    Must say, things have been quieter lately since two trolls seem to have quieted down somewhat, but we still have the one left....the one line zinger king.
    I'm going to be perfectly frank here and leave the political correctedmess behind - since Android exploded, we've gotten a ton of what I believe are very young (mentally and biologically) new posters who are the worst offenders. There was debate during the iPhone/BB days, but it was a lot more civil. I remember the day I realised this was happening and I said it to TheOne1 (or something similar) and wouldn't you know it....then came the masses of Android trolls. I'm *not* blaming the platform nor am I saying all Android users are trolls, but because the platform appeals so much to a young demographic their immaturity shows up in some of their posters.
    When I needed help with my Atrix I received invaluable help from Rick, avt, penguin, howarmat and a lot of the people with Android devices, but even those who used to complain about the lack of civility gave into the BB hate.
    Yeah, I've bitten back, because if you dish it out you have to be ready to take it. And this *is* a BB forum. Stop by the Android forum and you'll see very little activity in comparison to the rest of the site....the trolls are all in the BB sections. Tells you their agenda. And one person actually said that she provokes just to see our reaction. My respect for her went out the window.
    I know it won't happen, but really wish this were a BB only forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 06:00 AM
    I completely agree with everything in the OP thread, and every post in related to how CrackBerry isn't how it used to be. I can't even see it going back to how it was anytime soon, if ever. As a lot of people have stated, I used to come here reading new stuff I didn't know about BlackBerries, or RIM and It would be so interesting. I'd learn something new every time I came here. Then I started being able to help people, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That was until this recent mass of trolls came running in here. They have no input that is necessary to post, or to make new threads about and it is overflowing this site with non-sense that makes people not want to even search the site, or makes people want to leave the site.

As for me, I am going to leave this site for now. I will check back every once in the while, to see if any of the trollness has died done. Maybe, if I need, I'll google and issue + CrackBerry to see if there is a solution. I just can't stand seeing trolls posting pretty much everywhere and creating new threads about pointless things anymore.

I really hope when I come back, it's too a basically troll-free CrackBerry and I hope everyone enjoys their BlackBerry, and if you own one, your PlayBook!!
    Ignore the trolls and they'll go away !!
    04-26-11 06:14 AM
    Recent history has proven otherwise.
    04-26-11 06:22 AM
    That is very much not the case on this site.

I don't put anyone on my ignore list, BUT there are 7 Posters that if I see their name as the last poster on a thread, I just skip the thread completely because I just don't want to spend the energy having the same "debate"

it is funny that the person Qbnkelt mentioned is not even on that list as his silly "zinners" are rarely worth commenting on,

I suspect that today this thread will be moved to the abyss that is the Forum Feedback and die a rightful death, as clearly the site would never get changed, and it has been made apparent the future of crackberry is to be a catch all for all mobile phone users, and not dedicated to Blackberry fans, who have the addiction.
    04-26-11 06:57 AM
    That is very much not the case on this site.

I don't put anyone on my ignore list, BUT there are 7 Posters that if I see their name as the last poster on a thread, I just skip the thread completely because I just don't want to spend the energy having the same "debate"

it is funny that the person Qbnkelt mentioned is not even on that list as his silly "zinners" are rarely worth commenting on,

I suspect that today this thread will be moved to the abyss that is the Forum Feedback and die a rightful death, as clearly the site would never get changed, and it has been made apparent the future of crackberry is to be a catch all for all mobile phone users, and not dedicated to Blackberry fans, who have the addiction.
    If nothing else, this can be a thread where alternative sites for Blackberry forums can be shared.
    04-26-11 08:46 AM
    As I stated in a previous post. There should be a banner at the top of the forum stating "Don't feed the Trolls".

I just want to include myself in with the group stating that this forum just isn't as enjoyable as it was. I've only been on here a couple years but I've seen a sharp decline in the usefulness of a lot of posts. As others have stated I too enjoy a good debate as long as the comments are intelligent. These blanket "RIM is an epic fail" , "RIM sucks" comments are just not needed.

I'm seeing more and more posts from previous BlackBerry owners who are only sticking around to annoy us and try to start an argument instead of a debate.
    04-26-11 09:16 AM
    Stop by the Android forum and you'll see very little activity in comparison to the rest of the site....the trolls are all in the BB sections. Tells you their agenda. And one person actually said that she provokes just to see our reaction. My respect for her went out the window.
    I know it won't happen, but really wish this were a BB only forum.

Perhaps every topic and post that isn't about help with BlackBerry and its features should be promptly removed from General Discussion to a "RIM Disappointment" forum. Have you noticed they all seem to start the same way and use similar, seemingly scripted rhetoric? It's usually like, "I've been with BlackBerry since the last ice age and have been its number one fan. I feel that RIM is not keeping up with the competition." The posters then go on to say how their BlackBerries freeze and drop calls (though they fail to mention that iphones and androids freeze and drop calls). In any case, if such posts and topics for which there are no technical, helpful answers were moved out of General Discussion, then the General Discussion forum would serve and attract people who actually have answerable questions.

Last edited by T�nis; 04-26-11 at 09:21 AM.
    Ferretling and teamfoster03 like this.
    04-26-11 09:16 AM
    Your all thin skinned, I find some of the trolling & bashing comical & entertaining. Can still get plenty of useful info here. I've seen some hilarious stuff on here. Its very easy to ignore the trolling if you want. If it weren't for some of the witty bashing I see on here it would be boring.

04-26-11 09:53 AM
    First thing you see at the top of the forum...

Hottest Threads
    PlayBook Almost on the Verge of Failure?
    Took PB back within 2 days
    No BB Tethering Support Verizon Wireless
    Is the PlayBook a disappointment ?
    RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: Unfinished, unusable

Fantastic.

(That's sarcasm, by the way.)
    04-26-11 11:41 AM
    Your all thin skinned, I find some of the trolling & bashing comical & entertaining. Can still get plenty of useful info here. I've seen some hilarious stuff on here. Its very easy to ignore the trolling if you want. If it weren't for some of the witty bashing I see on here it would be boring.

Yeah, some of it is funny ... the first few hundred times. People who do all the 'witty' bashing and otherwise contribute nothing positive or constructive to any discussion have clearly worn out their welcome.
    04-26-11 11:49 AM
    Is there any way I can hide all the posts from the Playbook forum?
    If that was available, it would be greatly appreciated.
    First thing you see at the top of the forum...

Hottest Threads
    PlayBook Almost on the Verge of Failure?
    Took PB back within 2 days
    No BB Tethering Support Verizon Wireless
    Is the PlayBook a disappointment ?
    RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: Unfinished, unusable

Fantastic.

(That's sarcasm, by the way.)
    I would like to see something like they used to have "new BlackBerry posts except Storm" only make it "new BlackBerry posts except Playbook". I do not have a Playbook, nor do I plan to get any tablets. I would prefer not having to wade through any threads related to the Playbook unless I visit that forum specifically.
    04-26-11 11:50 AM
    Oh, your post reminds me: On other vBulletin forums, you can use an arrow to hide whole subforums. It's probably a topic for the site feedback forum, but that would be nice to have...especially nice if we could block/unblock any phone-specific subforum. As in...why would I ever want to view the 9800 forum (don't have GSM), or the 72xx forum (it's 2011 ), or the Android/iPhone/WP forum (I wouldn't be on CrackBerry.com if I cared about them)?

It would save loading time and save scrolling. And then people could hide the PlayBook forum entirely...
    04-26-11 12:01 PM
    I would like to see something like they used to have "new BlackBerry posts except Storm" only make it "new BlackBerry posts except Playbook". I do not have a Playbook, nor do I plan to get any tablets. I would prefer not having to wade through any threads related to the Playbook unless I visit that forum specifically.
    It's not just the PlayBook. How many more posts do we have to see about how much the browser sucks, the old technology, the crappy specs, RIM doesn't know how to market, RIM is the next Palm, and my favorite - x-device that isn't even out yet is an epic fail. You can find this kind of crap in any forum. The PlayBook forum has just gotten so bad that it's now a joke, but it's everywhere.
    Gucci33 likes this.
    04-26-11 12:03 PM
    It's not just the PlayBook. How many more posts do we have to see about how much the browser sucks, the old technology, the crappy specs, RIM doesn't know how to market, RIM is the next Palm, and my favorite - x-device that isn't even out yet is an epic fail. You can find this kind of crap in any forum. The PlayBook forum has just gotten so bad that it's now a joke, but it's everywhere.
    I think it will get better in other forums beside Playbook once there are new devices. There hasn't been anything new for six months, other than the Playbook.

Let's see what happens when other devices are released.

Most likely, the comments will improve next year when QNX is available.
    04-26-11 12:16 PM
    Why should it be changed? There is nothing wrong with the domain name. And you cannot just change a domain name! But I really would like to know why it should be changed?
    04-26-11 12:33 PM
    Why should it be changed? There is nothing wrong with the domain name. And you cannot just change a domain name! But I really would like to know why it should be changed?
    Did you read the 4 pages of content in this thread or just the title and decide to respond? Obviously you can't change a domain, the title of the thread is satire.
    04-26-11 01:57 PM
    Yes I did but you make no sense
    04-26-11 02:00 PM
    Apparently the 12 people that thanked me disagree.
    04-26-11 02:22 PM
    Ok, let's spell it out. Main point from the original post:

The Playbook forum is troll central and same groups of people just keep spouting off nothing useful, and new accounts popping up left and right (probably with same IP addresses as other accounts) with people just bashing RIM.
    The point is not the name of the site, it's a gripe about the fact that the site is getting overrun with trolls and negativity. The thread title is a satirical suggestion that the site owners change the former, since they don't seem too eager to do anything about the latter. He makes plenty of sense.
    lnichols likes this.
    04-26-11 02:52 PM
    Anybody who thinks the Playbook forum is bad should have seen the original Storm forum when the Storm was released. It was so bad that a "Rants/Rave" subforum was established. None of the other device forums ever devolved to that point.

It was so bad, users were banned, uprisings of rabid users screaming at mods and their banhammers, the drama spilled over into the other forums. General mayhem everywhere. It all settled down over time.
    04-26-11 02:54 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD