Seriously can't believe that things are allowed to continue like they are. The Playbook forum is troll central and same groups of people just keep spouting off nothing useful, and new accounts popping up left and right (probably with same IP addresses as other accounts) with people just bashing RIM. Can we get some mod sticks out swinging? I'm all for informed people who didn't like a device expressing why and hoping that ends up making the product better somehow, **** I've expressed discontent with RIM before, but so many people obviously have never even used the devices and are just here to see what they can start. Ignore buttons don't work with quoted material either. I mean I know that a hits a hit for advertising purposes, but people coming here in search of information are just going to see a bunch of posts with RIM bashing.
    04-25-11 04:01 PM
    As much as I agree with you I think it all falls on deaf ears. Very unfortunate and really no fun coming here anymore! I have stopped visiting the Playbook forum for this very reason.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    04-25-11 04:03 PM
    As much as we'd love to kill all the trolls and haters it's just not possible. The forums are here for active discussion - be it pros or cons. While some obviously are just here to stir up trouble, others are just expressing their opinions and we don't have any rules against that. You can always report posts for obvious trolling for a mod to handle, but just remember that the discussion can't be happy 100% of the time.
    04-25-11 04:12 PM
    As much as we'd love to kill all the trolls and haters it's just not possible. The forums are here for active discussion - be it pros or cons. While some obviously are just here to stir up trouble, others are just expressing their opinions and we don't have any rules against that. You can always report posts for obvious trolling for a mod to handle, but just remember that the discussion can't be happy 100% of the time.
    Majority of the negativity is here to spew a holy war against RIM. These forums use to be a giant knowledge base where I enjoyed coming to read about RIM and their progress in the tech sector.

All I do now in every thread is go through tons of useless junk pointing out flaws in what RIM's doing and how the dont stack up against the competition.

In reality,this is an enthusiast community. Make a separate subforum make that only for debating. The even more pathetic part is that you have "staff" here that solely partake in debating on RIM's flaws. Everyone can be entitled to their opinion but to be part of a blackberry community staff and be so openly anti-blackberry just isnt right.

It just seems long gone are the days where one can sink their teeth into any blackberry related stuff,and now we resort to sifting through pages of garbage only to find nothing useful to the discussions at hand.
    Last edited by canook; 04-25-11 at 05:02 PM.
    04-25-11 04:35 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the bashers were paid posters funded by the competing platforms (like the paid posters that are all over the political forums). They seem to even post in shifts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 04:45 PM
    There seems to be more haters and trolls on the forums lately. There's definitely more junk and garbage posts. Unfortunately, Crackberry is not as educational and enjoyable as it once was.

04-25-11 05:42 PM
    There seems to be more haters and trolls on the forums lately. There's definitely more junk and garbage posts. Unfortunately, Crackberry is not as educational and enjoyable as it once was.

And some of us can't EVEN post what we would like to say because there are people lying in wait...
    PS NOBODY SAW ME HERE!!!!!
    04-25-11 06:28 PM

that is all to true, I am actively looking for a new forum related to blackberry

I have had some excellent debates and arguments with intelligent posters whos opinions have been in contrast to mine, but as of late I feel like we are on a playground with no supervision. I have stopped telling people to visit here if they have blackberry issues. which really makes me sad as I really used to enjoy this site a lot.
    04-25-11 06:34 PM
    And some of us can't EVEN post what we would like to say because there are people lying in wait...
    PS NOBODY SAW ME HERE!!!!!
    I saw you! How dare you! Just kidding. :P

I completely agree, when I got my PB I wanted to learn and discuss the device, instead, as soon as something is posted about it you get nothing but disturbed folks spouting off. It's quite annoying.
    If you hate it so much and you have a PB... return it! Nobody is making you keep it.
    If you don't have a PB and want information, here's the place to discuss it.
    If you don't have a PB but just hate on it, save it, it's already getting old.

Personally, I'm excited for the updates to come, I'm pretty patient and know things will improve, so far I'm actually loving it even with some of the issues going on.
    04-25-11 06:37 PM
    You want a forum that just brown nose Rim or do you want people to express their concerns!

Rims track record with new products is not great, errrrr is horrible! I bought both Storms and when the OS was was finally updated enough times for phone to work half way decent they tell me it wont work on your Storm phones.

So when I buy a PB and I see the exact same things form RIM on release and all I hear is wait for updates, wait for updates, I get real concerned! Is this the Storm all over again!

BlackBerry is know for email and BBM and neither is on the PB at release! Smh!

Is this device going to handle all the updates needed to make it a useable tablet, will developers even waste their time to make apps compatible for it.

These are real concerns I have with Rims track record with new devices!

Why is this not a good forum to express these concerns?
    04-25-11 06:48 PM
    Expressing concerns and flat out hating on it are 2 different things.
    rrrebo likes this.
    04-25-11 06:52 PM
    You want a forum that just brown nose Rim or do you want people to express their concerns!

Rims track record with new products is not great, errrrr is horrible! I bought both Storms and when the OS was was finally updated enough times for phone to work half way decent they tell me it wont work on your Storm phones.

So when I buy a PB and I see the exact same things form RIM on release and all I hear is wait for updates, wait for updates, I get real concerned! Is this the Storm all over again!

BlackBerry is know for email and BBM and neither is on the PB at release! Smh!

Is this device going to handle all the updates needed to make it a useable tablet, will developers even waste their time to make apps compatible for it.

These are real concerns I have with Rims track record with new devices!

Why is this not a good forum to express these concerns?

if you went back to 2009 you'd find CB with many critical posts but the blatant bashing was far less, there is a lot that needs work by RIM but we don't get to talk about it because you have the rim haters killing the tread, and the less educated RIM fanboi say the rhetoric that then calls more haters.
    04-25-11 07:04 PM
    Seriously can't believe that things are allowed to continue like they are. The Playbook forum is troll central and same groups of people just keep spouting off nothing useful, and new accounts popping up left and right (probably with same IP addresses as other accounts) with people just bashing RIM. Can we get some mod sticks out swinging? I'm all for informed people who didn't like a device expressing why and hoping that ends up making the product better somehow, **** I've expressed discontent with RIM before, but so many people obviously have never even used the devices and are just here to see what they can start. Ignore buttons don't work with quoted material either. I mean I know that a hits a hit for advertising purposes, but people coming here in search of information are just going to see a bunch of posts with RIM bashing.
    You beat me to it. I was composing just such a bitchogram in my head - thanks for saving me the trouble.

The crap that has become prevalent on this site -- particularly the PlayBook forum and ironically more so since the release of said device -- goes way beyond healthy, active pro/con discussion. It's become a troll-fest, plain and simple. You can't even post a legitimate question without being bombarded with every reason in the book why RIM is the worst-run company on the planet and every one of its devices - past, present and future - is an epic fail and anybody who buys one is either a fanboi or an id1ot or both.

Discussion can't be happy 100% of the time? I'd be tickled if it were so just a hair more often than not. Is this not primarily a BlackBerry site for Blackberry USERS, or ar least those with an interest in BlackBerry? I welcome differing opinions, and I'm usually up for a good, INTELLIGENT debate. But I'm increasingly finding myself on the defensive in a forum that's supposed to be a gathering place for others with the same interest as me. Pardon my French, but that's just bull****. It's gotten out of control, and you people are letting it happen for the sake of keeping up your page views.
    04-25-11 07:04 PM
    It's only really like that in news and rumors/general discussion threads (the play book too but it'll settle down once the newness wears off. Remember how the storm forums used to be)

If you go to the device forums, people are mostly being helped (even by former bb users).

Some of the folks on the two aforementioned forums have never even attempted to help anyone in the device forums. If you live in the news rumor section, you will always see the arguing. It's always been that way. It may have gotten worse lately because of the frustration of now former bb owners trying to wait on rim to drop some new phones. I include myself in that category.

04-25-11 07:23 PM
    I could care less about page views, I come to CrackBerry to get info on problems, tips, and tricks for different devices. BlackBerry has some good qualities but when you continually get burned over and over people get very frustrated.

You wonder where is the quality control at Rim, you can't argue the total fail of the Storm phones, and how many times has an updated OS come out that fixes some problems but disables items that were working before so now you have to decide if the new OS is worth upgrading or just keep old and hope the next new fixes all the problems.

If I was in charge of quality control and let things out to public like Rim has released, I would not have a job.

So now I have the new PB and all the forums and Blackberry loyalist are saying again wait for updates it will get better!

I would love to talk about activesync emails, video bbm, great apps, bridge working, bluetooth devices working, but I can't! Ok flash does work on PB but browser on phones are at snail speed.

Anyone see a pattern here? Am I wrong?
    04-25-11 07:35 PM
    that is all to true, I am actively looking for a new forum related to blackberry

I have had some excellent debates and arguments with intelligent posters whos opinions have been in contrast to mine, but as of late I feel like we are on a playground with no supervision. I have stopped telling people to visit here if they have blackberry issues. which really makes me sad as I really used to enjoy this site a lot.
    You're awesome, Stephen.
    04-25-11 07:43 PM

PM me when you find a good one and I'll switch too unless the mods want to start cleaning up here.
    04-25-11 07:43 PM
    So now I have the new PB and all the forums and Blackberry loyalist are saying again wait for updates it will get better!

I would love to talk about activesync emails, video bbm, great apps, bridge working, bluetooth devices working, but I can't! Ok flash does work on PB but browser on phones are at snail speed.

I think you should return your Playbook and abandon Blackberry phones all together. Your not happy so take your money elsewhere. If people need to convince you to stay.....
    04-25-11 07:50 PM
    PM me when you find a good one and I'll switch too unless the mods want to start cleaning up here.
    Include me on that pm as well if you would. I've been looking around too.
    04-25-11 08:01 PM
    I totally agree with you all
    04-25-11 08:13 PM

Given you are one of the most informative posters here, it will be a big loss for CB. I can't say I blame you though. Sifting through all the troll posts is getting unbearable, and the mods have made clear they don't intend to do anything to alleviate the problem. Some of them seem to actively encourage it.
    04-25-11 08:20 PM
    Ah yes, case in point: 67tucker, one of the bigger warts on the backside of CrackBerry. Never met a BlackBerry he didn't despise. Hella-hemorrhoid personified.

Given you are one of the most informative posters here, it will be a big loss for CB. I can't say I blame you though. Sifting through all the troll posts is getting unbearable, and the mods have made clear they don't intend to do anything to alleviate the problem. Some of them seem to actively encourage it.
    Some of them are part of the problem.
    04-25-11 08:21 PM
    67Tucker -- paid anti-BlackBerry poster

And a pillar of intelligent discussion. Their time would be better spent in a bar.

Posted from my BlackBerry 4&1/2G @wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 08:24 PM
    is this the problem?

to the OP i remember starting a thread before due to extreme frustration
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/ren...kberry-590510/

thanks to the moderator, it's now move to "site question and Bugs" instead of General Discussion.

ignoring the bashers/haters is irresponsible in my opinion, although it's the EASIER thing to do.
    i'm not convincing them to change their views,
    rather i'm trying to rebut the "narrative" that they have posted , which a "newbie" might tend to believe.
    each day is a battle with these people.. or should i say children... nah, saying that will be an insult to children worldwide.
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 04-25-11 at 08:32 PM.
    04-25-11 08:24 PM
    I could care less about page views, I come to CrackBerry to get info on problems, tips, and tricks for different devices. BlackBerry has some good qualities but when you continually get burned over and over people get very frustrated.
    I agree Crackberry should be a place to get information tips and tricks about ones device, or a device purchase they are looking to make, though being berated for having said device is not something they should have to endure whilst asking questions.

You wonder where is the quality control at Rim, you can't argue the total fail of the Storm phones, and how many times has an updated OS come out that fixes some problems but disables items that were working before so now you have to decide if the new OS is worth upgrading or just keep old and hope the next new fixes all the problems.
    I can Argue that the Storm was in fact NOT a total fail as MANY Storm users cling onto their beloved devices despite what the vocal members of this forum have to say, yes it had MANY MANY issues, but I am sure that the Storm sold enough volume to pay for it's marketing, and R&D, and production, there for it was not a total fail as a line, I am actually sad to see RIM abandon the SurePress Technology in favor of thinner phones, though I personally was not a SurePress fan, I know many users who can't bare to think of a touchscreen without it.
    Your OS update issues, you can't not put out to public unless every OS update was an official Carrier released update you tried. those of us who like to play with leaks or try other carrier OS's must understand we will have more problems then those who do not.

If I was in charge of quality control and let things out to public like Rim has released, I would not have a job.
    I do think RIM has faulted on their quality control, the Solid builds of the 88XX and 83XX are long gone, which is sad, I really hope to see that quality again. but don't think I will as consumer electronics always degrade in quality over their life span.

I really hope it will get better, I gladly participate in the threads that highlight the short comings of the Playbook, though the posts that are simply "I knew it was going to be an epic fail" or "get an iPad the playbook isn't any good" are not constructive to the conversations at hand, and usually take a thread that was going in a good direction OFF to another direction and it dies.

I too would love to be having chats about those topics, OR even discussions about how I would like to see those products implemented into the Playbook and QNX down the road, without the constant poking of "it's an unfinished product, get an iPad, Android will soon be much better, Fail, Epic fail, <insert stupid cliche>"

I see you are unhappy with your purchases, and want to talk about it, your posts in this thread, ( I have yet to search your history as I am packing for an early morning flight while answering this post) indicate to me, you could have an intelligent conversation, and you'd probably find the ultimate suggestion would be to return your playbook and wait to see if they come out with your needs on it or another tablet. which would be and should be a welcome and fair judgment after discussion as to possible solutions for your needs, and wants out of the tablet without a thread derailment from one liner jabs.
    04-25-11 09:05 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD