I have two email accounts in use. email 1 is my primary. All my calendar events have email1 in their 'send to' field. I would like to delete this account, and add another as the primary (email3 if you will).

1. What will happen to all my calendar events? Will they disappear? Be duplicated?
    2. When I add email3, how do I make it defualt? Is there a way to put email3 in the 'send using' field of all my calendar events?
    3. If there is a way to change the 'send using' field, will it screw up outlook sync?

IIRC when I first got the BB, I deleted the email the store setup for me, and put my email1 in. When I did this a bunch of my calendar events had the 'send to' field set to 'default'...

Confused.

Thanks,
    ~S
    01-13-09 09:49 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>Default Services
    01-13-09 09:59 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>Default Services
    I've been trying to figure this out too, and I thought that thats what Default Services were for. However I sent an email the other day that went out under a different email. I checked the Default Services and it was still what I wanted it to be. Are there any other options that need to be checked?
    01-13-09 11:14 PM
    I am having this problem too. I actually meant to post but someting came up. My default services are set to the email I want to use, but everytime I send a new composed email it goes out under a differnt email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 02:45 AM
    options > advanced options > default services > change both
    options to the address you wish to use.

THEN

messages > press menu > options > Email options > press t/ball >
    select the email address you chose previously > save and you
    are all done.
    01-14-09 02:59 AM
    Oooh, I think the last half of what AG just noted there might make all the difference... I hope That seems to have reset itself on one of my OS upgrades and I was gettin all confused with the "What Da".

I'll soon find out. Issue is often when I send a page address from a weppage I'm viewing... I'll accidentally send it from one of my obscure work emails and the recipient wonders who sent it to them...

Thanks for clarity "How-to" on the answer

01-14-09 03:11 AM
    Oooh, I think the last half of what AG just noted there might make all the difference... I hope That seems to have reset itself on one of my OS upgrades and I was gettin all confused with the "What Da".

I'll soon find out. Issue is often when I send a page address from a weppage I'm viewing... I'll accidentally send it from one of my obscure work emails and the recipient wonders who sent it to them...

Thanks for clarity "How-to" on the answer
    PvT: I ran through all 5 of my email addresses before posting that and it
    worked every time. Granted I never sent a link from a web address.
    01-14-09 03:15 AM
    PvT: I ran through all 5 of my email addresses before posting that and it
    worked every time. Granted I never sent a link from a web address.
    ^ I think it's workin with the sending web page address. It jumps to your email window with sending address shown as default. Of course I can click/scroll another email account, but sometimes I just forget.

Just did one test and it worked. I had always set the default per the instuctions Part 1 in your post, but on the part 2 portion I would see the emails listed but not actually go as far as clicking it. At least I don't think I did.

Crossing our t's and dotting our I's here with CB... Thanks AG... PvT

01-14-09 03:46 AM
    AG: I had already tried changing the defaults you suggested, but it didn't seem to affect events already in the calendar. Did it change your calendar events? New calendar events get the new email address.

I suspect deleting email one, will set all calendar events to 'send using' to 'default'. Then when I sync to outlook, it will duplicate all those events with the 'send using' field set to what ever email is set in 'default services'... which means, I will have to do a one way sync from outlook to device. Icky.

~S
    01-14-09 07:32 AM
    i havent been able to figure out how to change past events. but i did change the settings then delete my current entry's and re-sync. that worked. i didnt worry about my old ones bc they were OLD.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 01-14-09 at 08:32 AM.
    01-14-09 08:25 AM
    okay AG,

so why didnt this work the first 4 times i tried it? i originally thought this was the answer, but when it didnt work i figured it was wrong. granted i didnt run thru all my email addresses and save a different one, then go back like i did this time, but i have switched it with one email before and it had no effect. and yes i saved.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 01-14-09 at 08:29 AM.
    01-14-09 08:26 AM
    As I expected. I deleted email 1. Calendar events all changed to having 'default' in send to field, regardless of what I put in 'default services'. Syncing to outlook made a mess. Calendar events now appear once for 'default' and once for 'email3', even though they only appear once in outlook. There is now way delete all 'default' onces that I know of. Ahhh!

Is there a way to clear out my tasks/memos/calendar/contacts, so I can resync from outlook?
    edit: I can do this using the backup->advanced in DM... if I hadn't forgot usb cable at home!

~S
    Last edited by snowsquirrel; 01-14-09 at 01:16 PM.
    01-14-09 11:59 AM
    options > advanced options > default services > change both
    options to the address you wish to use.

THEN

messages > press menu > options > Email options > press t/ball >
    select the email address you chose previously > save and you
    are all done.
    The second step is the key! The changes in step 1 never worked for me until this thread (and Step 1 is posted ad nauseum on the interwebs - even in here!).

Thx so much!
    02-05-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD