Hey there,

I have the latest version of App World on my Bold 9780 and I would like to switch the account (BlackBerry ID) associated with my device, please, because it has list of applications I installed before and all of that. I accidentally logged in with my other account, the one I do not want, yesterday and now I cannot switch back.

How do I go about doing that? I have tried every possible way I could think of and I tried Googling and most posts said I'd have to wait 15 minutes and I did but that did not work. I also tried battery pulling to no avail. Also when it says "Verify your BlackBerry ID" and I try logging in with the other account it says "Enter the username associated with this smartphone".

Thank you.
    12-30-11 09:52 PM
    Probably the most straight forward approach would be to contact your carrier and they can push you through to RIM. RIM can reset your account to the ID you would like to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-30-11 09:59 PM
    Probably the most straight forward approach would be to contact your carrier and they can push you through to RIM. RIM can reset your account to the ID you would like to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I have tried doing that, but unfortunately my provider sucks, or more like, all three providers in my country do not know anything about BlackBerries so that's a lost case. I'm going to attempt doing so using the computer while connected to the BlackBerry.
    12-30-11 10:03 PM
    That did not work. This is really pissing me off!

I am not able to upgrade my applications or anything because they don't show up under the "Installed" category in App World since they are associated with my other account.

WHAT DO I DO?
    12-30-11 10:10 PM
    Secure wipe and use the BBID of your choice.
    12-30-11 10:38 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me exactly what to securely wipe? I don't want to lose emails, contacts, etc. but I guess the applications are ok.
    12-30-11 10:41 PM
    I wiped the "User Installed Applications" but that did not work.
    12-30-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD