Sorry, but I can't seem to find a clean answer to the question of how to address the response "The certificate could not be added to the Trusted Key Store due to IT Policy restrictions." when an app's attempt to run brings up the "You are attempting to open a secure connection..." dialog and clicking "Trust."
    -I have a used Bold 9000, which used to have an enterprise IT Policy but is now for personal use.
    -The previously existing IT policy was erased using the Reset To Factory Settings tool in BB Desktop Software, v 7.1.0.41. After using it, on the BB, going to Options > Security Options > General Settings shows " *** no services *** " under Services at bottom of screen.
    - On the BB, going to Options > Security Options > Key Stores shows " <None Available> " under Certificate Service.
    - On the BB, reviewing the list of Certificates shows several with the infamous red x proceeding them, the names of which don't necessarily match/align with my problematic apps. Moreover, selecting a cert and clicking the menu does not provide the option to Trust in any way. (Only provides option to revoke or remove.) Some of these simply appear to be expired.

1) So exactly which restrictions are preventing the addition of the certificate?
    2) How to I finally and (near) permanently address the inability to add certs to the Trusted Key Store? Do I need to add my own IT Policy? With that, would I then designate parameters such that I can add certificates to the Trusted Key Store?
    3) What is best action forward regarding the "x-ed" certificates? Just delete them?

Thank you very much for any insights you can offer.
    03-09-16 02:14 PM
    The previously existing IT policy was erased using the Reset To Factory Settings tool in BB Desktop Software
    Was the device ever removed from the BES? Simply wiping it through Desktop Manager does nothing. The device HAS to be removed from the BES otherwise the policies are just pushed again.
    03-09-16 11:18 PM
    Bla1ze, Thanks for your above input. (I forgot to login before posting above question, so is authored by "guest.")
    You ask a good question... I believe so, but am not certain. It did get a new SIM and phone number. I believe the previous IT department probably thinks that the phone is "dead" long ago. (It used to be mine when I was with the company, but left three years ago.) But, that doesn't necessarily mean they removed it from the BES. If indeed it wasn't, can I do it myself somehow, or otherwise prevent the from accepting the old policies? (I can also say with certainty that the original phone number for the phone was transferred to a Torch, also mine, and the email nixed.)
    Thanks for your help!
    03-10-16 12:12 AM
    [Please see my above response - Spokane Bold 9000]
    03-10-16 12:26 AM
    Bla1ze, Thanks for your above input. (I forgot to login before posting above question, so is authored by "guest.")
    You ask a good question... I believe so, but am not certain. It did get a new SIM and phone number. I believe the previous IT department probably thinks that the phone is "dead" long ago. (It used to be mine when I was with the company, but left three years ago.) But, that doesn't necessarily mean they removed it from the BES. If indeed it wasn't, can I do it myself somehow, or otherwise prevent the from accepting the old policies? (I can also say with certainty that the original phone number for the phone was transferred to a Torch, also mine, and the email nixed.)
    Thanks for your help!
    No, BES admin would have to be the one actioning it.
    03-10-16 12:36 AM
    Thank you! Will check it out. Is interesting, though, as other features associated with the IT Policy, such as the Screen Timeout, are now relaxed and I have full control. BTW, I'm not sure the old owner company even uses BB's anymore. If they've abandoned the BES, what then? Is my Bold "stuck" in it's present state?
    Thanks again!
    03-10-16 11:57 AM