Hi all. I know there is a thread here with over 600 posts about the CellUnlock.net code giveaway. Lots of thank yous from lots of people. I felt the need to post this one on it's on for a different reason. If the mods are upset, I apologize.

I found out about the CellUnlock.net giveaway on March 13 from the home page here at CB. Naturally, like so many others here I took advantage of this free offer.

About 20 minutes ago I started thinking that I had not recieved my code yet. I was concerned that maybe (since my reception is hit or miss at home) the email wasn't able to make it through. I also knew that they were probably bombarded with requests and wasn't sure if that is why I hadn't gotten it yet. I didn't want to harass them, but was curious about the delay. I was scared I would miss out if I didn't contact them soon enough.

So I went back into my saved emails and found the order confirmation I had recieved on March 13. I decided it couldn't hurt to email them and ask if maybe I had missed it or not.

I let them know that I was sorry if they were really busy and I was worrying them for something that was given to me and others out of kindness. I also let them know that I really appreciated what they did for all of us at no cost. I understood if they were busy and it was no rush, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't somehow screwed myself up. LOL!

It was no longer than 3 minutes before I recieved a very polite email from them letting me know that they were processing my order right now and that they appreciated my kind words to them.

Around 2 minutes after that, I recieved an email with my unlock code and instructions on how to proceed from there.

I was amazed at the speedy response to a customer that was not providing them with any type of revenue at 2:00 a.m. in the morning.

In a time where good customer service seems to be a lost art, this transaction left me with a smile on my face. I am gladly going to pay to CellUnlock.net to have my husband's phone unlocked now as well. Anyone in the future needing services that they provide will get a recommendation from me for them.

So kudos to CellUnlock.net for their awesome customer service skills. That is a sure fire way to get further business from me. I am glad to see a company take pride in helping their customers the way they helped me.

I could list tons of companies that could take a lesson from you on how to run a successful business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 01:23 AM
    Maybe you could email them to tell them about order #17434 since you apparently have the magic email address :P

I emailed them about a perceivedly incorrect IMEI that apparently wasn't actually incorrect, no response, but hopefully my code comes soon!

Then again, on the other post I saw 11xxx just got his order filled, so I'll wait till tomorrow to actually complain :P
    03-16-09 01:33 AM
    Maybe you could email them to tell them about order #17434 since you apparently have the magic email address :P

I emailed them about a perceivedly incorrect IMEI that apparently wasn't actually incorrect, no response, but hopefully my code comes soon!

Then again, on the other post I saw 11xxx just got his order filled, so I'll wait till tomorrow to actually complain :P

I have recieved 4 different responses from them this evening. None took longer than 10 minutes to arrive in my inbox after I emailed them. I just used the email that came on my order confirmation for the unlock code. I am sure they will contact you shortly.

03-16-09 01:54 AM
    I posted in that THREAD and wrote how I was going to wait patiently for my code to arrive, without sending them emails or posting my order number in that thread.

Cellunlock.net then contacted me and attempted to expedite my order. They were trying to accommodate even the people who were NOT sending them emails or posting their order numbers. when they saw me post that I was going to wait it out, they tried to reward my patience by sending me my code faster.

I declined their offer as I am in no rush to receive the code any "faster" than the average client. But the point is, they are definitely one of the most delightful companies I have ever come across. Their customer satisfaction is beyond extraordinary.

Fantastic job Cellunlock.
    03-16-09 03:03 AM
    I posted in that THREAD and wrote how I was going to wait patiently for my code to arrive, without sending them emails or posting my order number in that thread.

Cellunlock.net then contacted me and attempted to expedite my order. They were trying to accommodate even the people who were NOT sending them emails or posting their order numbers. when they saw me post that I was going to wait it out, they tried to reward my patience by sending me my code faster.

I declined their offer as I am in no rush to receive the code any "faster" than the average client. But the point is, they are definitely one of the most delightful companies I have ever come across. Their customer satisfaction is beyond extraordinary.

Fantastic job Cellunlock.
    I agree. I didn't email them to get it rushed. I emailed because I wasn't sure if I had missed the email because of signal issues or faulty email address. I too, informed them that I was in no hurry. They really seemed to appreciate someone that was thankful for what they were doing and how they were doing it. I just can't explain how impressed I was.

03-16-09 06:36 AM
    I'm listening to the latest crackberry podcast and they said over 18,000 of us requested free codes. No wonder they are a little behind! Good to hear they are handling it well. Unfortunately for me I'm on Verizon so I couldn't do it.
    03-16-09 08:02 AM
    Wow! I knew they had a lot of requests, but not that many. That is crazy!

Like you said, they do seem to be handling it very well indeed. They took care of me like I was the only customer they had.

Why is it that (is is CDMA?) VZW and others can not unlock their phones?

03-16-09 08:07 AM
    Definitely one of the best companies out there to not only offer such an amazing offer to us, and not only honour their offer after they seemingly got overwhelmed with orders (so much so that their e-mail server went down!), but to continue to post and let people know their progress and respond so kindly to EVERYONE who was asking questions. I can't even fathom the workload and the number of extra hours these guys worked, and to still be patient and courteous even with non-paying customers.

These guys really do deserve to be the number 1 unlocking site out there, and I think we all owe it to them to use and recommend them in the future. When other companies are raising their fees, reducing their services, and most of all obliterating their customer service, these guys are the breaking the trend and showing us what it feels like to actually be appreciated as customers again, even though we didn't have to pay them for it.

I say kudos to your guys, and thank you for your efforts. It has not fallen on deaf ears for many of us.
    03-16-09 09:35 AM
    wow this is awesome. i'm on verizon so i can't make use of their services, but i will definitely look to them if i ever switch carriers or if a friend needs a device unlocked. good customer service is tough to come by these days
    03-16-09 10:23 AM
    They did an outstanding job on this offer. Considering they said their normal turn around time with an unlock code was 1-6 hours, they really were cranking them out to get 18,000 codes.

I don't know what there normal revenue is for just unlock codes, but they really took a bath on this free giveaway, and I certainly appreciate it.
    03-16-09 10:46 AM
    Its amazing in this day and age that there are companys still around like Cellunlock. I have found my permanent unlocking solution!

Thanks guys!

03-16-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD