It is frequently needed to turn on/off mobile data. So a shortcut for this is essential.
    iOS and Android have this shortcut.
    06-28-16 02:40 AM
    OK. Care to elaborate on which device you're even referring to?
    06-29-16 07:07 PM
    BB10?

:-)

Haven't found one, but Quick Settings is close.

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-29-16 07:57 PM
    06-29-16 08:19 PM
    I remember asking about this two years ago and people called me lazy haha.

The quickest way on bb10 is swipe down into the quick settings, hit mobile network, then switch off data. One swipe and two taps.

Yeah I'd like a one touch home screen button as well.

Another option is the app "Quick Launch". You can set the volume key to open another menu of quick settings and add mobile network to the list. You may find this a little easier.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 11:18 AM
    BB10 latest.
    Generally, when we open/close Bluetooth or wifi etc.. we just click on the button in the upper top Menu. But when we are opening/closing
    mobile data we have to swipe the menu then click the Mobile Network button and then from there open/close the data. (even when custom quick setting is on)
    So, it is one swipe and two clicks. I want it to reduce it to one swipe and one click just like opening Bluetooth and wifi.
    07-01-16 01:59 AM
    I hear what you are saying. But right now it just isn't possible. Especially since official bb10 development is now dead.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 02:09 AM
    Check out doo in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997180

With doo, you can assign shortcuts to many different things including most of the popular Settings section.

Cellular Data Button Shortcut-img_20160701_030442.png

There are two types of shortcuts in doo :
    - Button Shortcuts
    - Homescreen Shortcuts

The Homescreen Shortcuts is what you probably expect, an icon on Homescreen that would open Settings to the right place.

The Button Shortcuts is a new way to interact with your BlackBerry 10 device, you can assign an action to your Power or volume buttons. For instance, you could decide that whenever you long press the Play/Pause button, it opens Settings to Mobile Network section.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 02:12 AM
    Haven't found one, but Quick Settings is close.
    I suggested a simple panel years ago (when I Can Make It Better was still alive) where all possible connections are displayed at a glance, each one with exactly one button. - Forget it, never happened (probably never been read by anyone official, why mess about with this user crap?).

The Quick Settings is close, but especially the two cellular connections have only one button and this button doesn't switch both but only the phone connection, not the data connection. If your device tends to send data on and on and you switch this off only in the Quick settings it will still be sending.
    07-01-16 02:32 AM
    Check out doo in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997180

With doo, you can assign shortcuts to many different things including most of the popular Settings section.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160701_030442.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	403220

There are two types of shortcuts in doo :
    - Button Shortcuts
    - Homescreen Shortcuts

The Homescreen Shortcuts is what you probably expect, an icon on Homescreen that would open Settings to the right place.

The Button Shortcuts is a new way to interact with your BlackBerry 10 device, you can assign an action to your Power or volume buttons. For instance, you could decide that whenever you long press the Play/Pause button, it opens Settings to Mobile Network section.

Posted via CB10
    Rodger, what do you think of this new app:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997537

This guy has made some interesting apps that utilize BB10 in ways I haven't seen. Do you think an app in the style of this one could theoretically shut off mobile data with one tap of a home screen icon? Or is it impossible.

BTW, Doo is excellent!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 02:45 AM
    Rodger, what do you think of this new app:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997537

This guy has made some interesting apps that utilize BB10 in ways I haven't seen. Do you think an app in the style of this one could theoretically shut off mobile data with one tap of a home screen icon? Or is it impossible.

BTW, Doo is excellent!

Posted via CB10
    It's hard to understand what's possible to do or not when you're not a developer, but basically it all depends on what API are available or not.

Notification Profile can be change by an app because there's an API for it, I even have an app in BlackBerry World called Watch Notification built more than a year ago that allows a Pebble user to change Notification Profile right from your Pebble smartwatch.

I haven't looked at data service explicitly, but bluetooth/nfc/wifi service can only be turned ON programmatically, we can't turn them OFF. I suspect data service will be the same, but I'll check documentation to see if this is the case or not.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 04:26 AM