okay so last wednesday i got to work and i had no data. i thought it was just down for a lil while. when i went to lunch at a local restaurant i noticed i had data again and got a few emails, however when i got back to work i didnt have any data. its been the same thing since then. i live 5 minutes drive from where i work, less than a mile, just over the river and down the road. i get data perfectly here at home, but nothing at work. actually its all my coworkers on gsm network. no one gets data, which sucks because im sure it effects my boss a lot more than me. i get most of my emails before i even get to work (i work at night) and the biggest inconvenience for me is having to go to my desk to write my nightly reports. im sure its driving the day people nuts. so i worked wednesday and thursday night w/o data and figured it would be resolved by now.
    but no
    its just the one cell tower closest to my work
    so i call t-mo customer service and im literally telling them that several people where i work are w/o data and that its been going on just in that area since last tuesday. the cell tower near the intersection of xxxxx rd and xxxxxx rd in tualatin oregon hasnt had data service since tuesday of last week and the csr says "have you tried a battery pull?"
    oh man im just venting and hopin that when i get back to work it will magically be fixed.
    several of us called to report the outage
    thats why i havent been able to post on cb lately
    05-05-08 08:32 AM
    Did you try a battery pull? All together now ... Pull!

You would think, with information that precise, the CS rep would be able to relay it to the service guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 10:16 AM
    Another possibility, if T-Mobile doesn't own the tower in question, is that their agreement to use it may have expired. Cellular providers negotiate tower leases and change towers occasionally for various reasons. It may take a critical mass of complaints before they realize they've inadvertently dropped coverage below an acceptable level in a your area. It's something to ask about when you call again.
    05-05-08 11:01 AM
    yeah but everything works, heck it even says EDGE but there are no little arrows
    and sometimes it says GSM
    it will spend all day going back and forth between GSM and EDGE but theres no data transfer
    then once every hour or 2 i will get a bunch of emails and then its gone!
    when i called again they said they were gonna send a service tech, i will know when i get to work today...
    oh and also my reception is 4/5 to 5/5 bars
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 05-05-08 at 04:23 PM. Reason: clarification
    05-05-08 04:23 PM
    That's consistent with the behavior I see when I'm in an area where verizon has no coverage but there are nearby towers. The phone will try to connect at full power until it exhausts it batt, but no data transfer. Still sounds like the switched your service to another tower.

05-05-08 05:27 PM
    no, my battery now lasts 2+ days because i cant chat or surf the internet
    and my reception has never been better
    i'll post in an hour when i get to work
    05-05-08 05:44 PM
    T-Mo is known for this believe it or not. And he is right about the towers. You will have reception for the longest time and then it's gone. It has happened to several friends of mine and my girlfriend. T-Mo has probably the cheapest blackberry plan around which is nice on the wallet, but this is one of those problems people seem to run into. Read other threads about this problem.
    05-05-08 06:28 PM
    Glad your problem is fixed
    05-05-08 06:32 PM
    Hmm...I'll be interested to read what you find out.

05-05-08 06:47 PM
    no its not fixed
    its the same
    ive never known t-mo to have any kind of problem like this and i cant believe its been almost a week.
    data is out for everyone on gsm, not just tmo
    05-05-08 08:47 PM
    Well, you should at least have their attention now. What it T-Mo saying? Broken fiber?
    05-05-08 09:27 PM
    well the tier 1 techs keep trying to transfer me to the next level but it hangs up on me everytime! if i call either from my cell, or my buddies verizon cell phone or on the landline here at work.
    i dont have the time to sit on the phone and frankly its a pain in the a$$ to come up to my desk
    05-05-08 10:58 PM
    you must work by me!! i work in tualitan to and have the same issue. Mine isn't constant but probably 75% of my day i'm without data. I can go to the other side of the parking lot and have it perfectly though...
    05-05-08 10:58 PM
    yeah i live in king city and its great everywhere except over here on teton rd!
    05-06-08 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD