Last one.

Q: I'm thinking of buying the Samsung Soul and I'm concerned with its radiation level. But when I looked at the user manual there were multiple SARs listed. Is this typical and how do I know which listing is right?
    - Rich

A: It's not a matter of which listing is right since it is very common for a single handset to have multiple SARs. For both GSM and CDMA phones, the radiation level will vary by transmission band, the testing position (at ear vs. at body), and the testing body that reported the results. In CNET's radiation charts we always list the highest at-ear SAR as tested by the FCC. I know that's a lot of qualifications, but the distinctions are important to understand.
    Click on the link to red the rest very interesting

On Call: Which cell phone radiation level is correct? | Crave, the gadget blog - CNET
    Last edited by i2sam77@yahoo.com; 07-30-08 at 07:26 PM. Reason: mis spelled word
    07-30-08 07:25 PM
    07-30-08 07:37 PM
    Thanx, I wonder if bluetooth behaves in the same thing ?
    07-30-08 08:08 PM
    Here's what I'm confused on...

Cnet's top 10 highest radiation cell phones

#9 and #9a are both at 1.49 (Digital) yet my 8310 from at&t is rated at 1.51 (Digital) and isn't on the list?

I mean, I'm not complaining, I just don't understand.
    07-30-08 08:34 PM
    Here's what I'm confused on...

#9 and #9a are both at 1.49 (Digital) yet my 8310 from at&t is rated at 1.51 (Digital) and isn't on the list?

I mean, I'm not complaining, I just don't understand.
    The bold 9000 is also about 1.51 but I think they only list relatively new phones.

Editors' note: When a phone is discontinued by a manufacturer or a carrier, it will be removed from this chart
    12-26-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD