I am currently trying 4.5.0.44. While looking at my Desktop Manager instal/uninstall program options I saw a program called Cell Data that is described as a cell coverage tracking tool. As I am a hard core cell tower tracking geek who likes to know what carrier is on every tower in the area, I thought that sounded great. I currently have an old Nokia 6682 running the Cell Track program that helps to ferret out GSM cell sites such as AT&T and T-Mobile. I thought that this program for the Blackberry might provide some good data. So I loaded it up to the my 8310. I see the program in my Options/Advanced Options/Applications, but I can't seem to find it in the menu to activate it.

Also it downgraded my Documents to Go for some reason? I had done an over the air update of Documents to Go previously and it wiped that out.

Can someone help?

Thanks
    Jeremy
    245EC161
    07-02-08 01:05 AM
    I'm not seeing Cell Data on my beta but I'm not using the same device or carrier. Sounds like a carrier/technician troubleshooting tool. Or maybe you'll see some stuff under the Status screen that wasn't there before.
    07-02-08 09:56 AM
    Searched all over and can't seem to find it in the Menus. Wish I could find it and use it like the Symbian Cell Track program or at least the old Nokia Net Monitor.
    07-02-08 03:43 PM
    Cell Data in OS 4.5 is not the same Cell Tracker
    It is part of the Rim Internal Tools, which is used
    for diagnostics, bug reporting and so on.

What exactly it does, I have no clue, as I
    always deleted it and the rest prior to upgrading
    07-02-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD