[WARN]Inappropriate Language:
    Mobile Nations is a network used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, images and links family appropriate. Creative misspelling of profanity to circumvent the filters in place to block variations of profanity will not be tolerated. Moderators may delete or edit posts at their discretion, if posts are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be typically be given a warning for the first violation. Continued violations will result in a ban from the forum.

Apparently my first note was too subtle. Aside from the obvious images and links, do not post inappropriate or vulgar comments.
    [/WARN]
    james-007 likes this.
    09-01-14 12:27 AM
    Can't talk about this topic without posts being deleted.
    09-01-14 12:27 AM
    What a horrible, revolting, abhorrent act of personal violation.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 12:30 AM
    So buying a BlackBerry automatically means you are secure or is there something like BES to be activated?

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-01-14 12:36 AM
    So buying a BlackBerry automatically means you are secure or is there something like BES to be activated?

Posted via CB10
    No, but since buying a BlackBerry comes with a free "no iCloud" dark ages membership,.. then yes.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-01-14 12:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think the only way you can hack a BlackBerry is by working for the NSA. That or physically stealing it. I may be wrong.
    09-01-14 12:45 AM
    Oh yeah, I'm sure this is really going to have people trading in their iPhone for a BlackBerry........

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 12:54 AM
    Oh yeah, I'm sure this is really going to have people trading in their iPhone for a BlackBerry........

Posted via CB10
    And that part went right over your head.
    09-01-14 12:55 AM
    Not sure why people expect privacy if they store private parts in the cloud, clouds are visible to millions

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-01-14 01:03 AM
    Can't talk about this topic without posts being deleted.

Appearently not! But if you follow our community rules and guidelines you got a shot.
    kbz1960 and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-01-14 01:07 AM
    This will change nothing, they will still have and use their iPhones and icloud.

Posted via CB10
    lift and bigbmc26 like this.
    09-01-14 01:19 AM
    This will change nothing, they will still have and use their iPhones and icloud.

Posted via CB10
    But a lot of them weren't even using iPhone's so turning it into an iPhone and iCloud thing is pretty borderline anyway. Due to my *cough* research, some were most certainly using Android devices, which points to some sort of other 'cloud storage' hack.
    09-01-14 02:10 AM
    Celebs are people too, and like most people, they tend to use crappy passwords. They'll use their dogs name as their password, and then share their dog's name with the media. Some "super-skilled" "hacker" will read the article and try "[email protected]" with the dog's name as a password, and BAM! - Paris's account has been "hacked." Except it wasn't even hacking; it was taking advantage of very poor HUMAN security. The phone itself was almost certainly not hacked, but rather a cloud account which the phone was linked to.

And that's not the kind of thing that owning a BB will protect you from. If you can guess someone's password, any security they put on top of that is irrelevant - the password gets you right in anyway.
    09-01-14 03:19 AM
    What I don't understand is people's obsession with "celebrities" I guess bread and circuses will always work. I wish people would open their eyes a little more and look past all that.
    09-01-14 03:54 AM
    We went to a restaurant tonight where you would order your food from an iPad that was sitting at the table. The screen said, "Swipe your credit card to begin." I said to the Hostess, "Is there an option to pay with cash? I'm not going to be running my credit card through an iPad that several other people have used."

I was then mocked for quite a while by our friends with which we were having dinner. (and I was Paying) I explained my reasoning, and was mocked, showed my Z10 and was mocked, did a demonstration of my Z10 and dropped chins, but went back to being mocked when I paid the bill with cash. (why are you mocking the guy who's feeding you?!?!)

As we're walking to the car park, one of them sees the article on Variety about this hacking, and goes into panic mode. We are in L.A. and she works for a celeb PR firm. Monday is supposed to be a day off, but I have a weird feeling she'll be at her desk. Ha ha ha...

Blackberry, baby.
    potatoguy, MiSsY_, 3_M4N and 2 others like this.
    09-01-14 03:57 AM
    It said somewhere that some of these pics were deleted from device&cloud. So obviously they weren't
    09-01-14 04:39 AM
    Celebrities are always exposing themselves to the public for more recognition and with that you loose some of your privacy which comes with being famous. Look at what just happened to a famous golfer where the media had figured out his pass code on his iPhone and the next thing you know, it's all over the Web.

To me security begins with the end user and having passwords that are short and have information that are associated with their personal information is just asking for trouble.

One of my clients recently made a comment when I was typing in my password on my BlackBerry that wow you have a long password!! At which I commented, there is a good reason for that!!!!

Posted from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA using 10.3.0.1052
    blee4 likes this.
    09-01-14 04:53 AM
    A couple of celebs said they are old pictures so I suspect it was all one service that they were taken from but people forget about the old storage/accounts when they move devices if they go across brand.

Apple products to iCloud, Android to Google (mostly), MS to OneDrive, etc. A lot of people start new accounts when they change device, some because they have to.
    09-01-14 05:53 AM
    Apparently it was icloud that was hacked. Apple will have some explaining to do

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:05 AM
    99% of celebs are all the same person just with a different face. I rarely ever find them attractive.

Also, i dont think BB would just be like, "Wouldn't have had your pictures leaked if you were using BES"
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-01-14 06:12 AM
    Mary E Winstead tweeted that the photos had been deleted ages ago....
    101 celebs accounts got hacked and I'm sure that number is rising
    While there is no denying that some celebs get "their accounts hacked" to leak these types of pics, not everyone is a Kim K or Paris Hilton.
    Jennifer Lawrence's reps have stated that will prosecute anyone who posts her photos which were.
    I'd like to see some backlash at Apple for this huge security breach from these celebs, since this happened yesterday already, and I still haven't seen any official word on the subject from Apple

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-14 06:18 AM
    Head over to icanmakeitbetter.com and sound off

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:19 AM
    Any selfies using a blackberry?
    09-01-14 06:30 AM
    Most of them wasn't even aware the are automatically uploading pictures to the cloud in first place. You know how it goes with most people when they buy something new... setup is mostly next,next, ok, yes, yes, ok. without to much reading.
    They deleted selfies and nude action photos from devices but they didn't know its not enough.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-14 07:05 AM
    As usual, it is about the user being careful. I don't think we know all the details yet.

Q10, N5, N10.
    09-01-14 07:20 AM
173 1234 ...