Hilarious. Let's just ignore the Android pics that also appeared.

They just "guessed" the password. Nothing was compromised. It isn't Apple's or Google's fault that the user used 1234 as password. Thankfully for BB no celebrity uses their devices.

Blackbery doesn't have superior security at all, far from it. I bet India's president would already have seen Jennifer naked if she used a BB.
    How do we know they were android pics? For all we know those correspond to the set of old "I had deleted" pics, from former iPhone users that have now moved on to Android... but still had lingering iCloud accounts.

Several celebrities use BlackBerry, and many more used to... but of course, you are probably right, those are probably too smart to take a pic of their ____, and sync it online for "safekeeping".

Lol, jk... we all know iOS/Apple users are the technologically savvy creme de la creme.....

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 04:20 PM
    We're not too off topic now....

Sent from my N5
    09-01-14 04:22 PM
    Here is proof and just one example of yesterday's technology that's available to iphone users tomorrow...NFC.

Posted via CB10
    I don't recall to see in the Passport or older BB specs the 64bit cpu, the Sapphire glass (game changer), the 20nm processor, or the touch id
    techvisor likes this.
    09-01-14 04:23 PM
    Here is proof and just one example of yesterday's technology that's available to iphone users tomorrow...NFC.

Posted via CB10
    You don't get Apple at all - they will release feature just when they find a way to monetise it. NFC is obviously ready for exploitation by Apple so they will include it in new devices.

Back to topic, its better for BBRY to stay silent on this celebrity leaks because they could look like losers. Its lame to say you got what you wanted because you are using iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 04:27 PM
    And before I get told that CB/BB users are somehow above all this, I have an example of this attitude and the underlying tone of women shaming.

There is a board that has some former posters from here. I was sent a private message on twitter to be told that myself and another female poster from here who they have issues with over a cellular platform were being attacked. My attacks were far tamer than the ones directed at her, which insinuated personal knowledge of sexual history and even included 'jokes' about animals.

Now, what does that have to do with the hack and the tone of the attacks and "zomg APPLE IS TEH EVUL AND BB SHOULD USE THIS AS A MARKETING TOOL"? The fact that these women have been victimized and have some goddamn feelings. This isn't a time for chest thumping your stupid cell phone platform (and this isn't directed at anyone in particular here, this is just an overall rant at how angry I've been over the general tone of the commenting going on everywhere). It's a time to stop and think about the fact that the victims are being blamed.

It should be a jumping off point on the discussion of sexism and the tech industry. Not BB is better than Apple or Android or whatever else.

/rant
    Nobody, or very few, are blaming the women in question, except maybe for having incredibly weak passwords, if it turns out that was the issue. Which is a legitimate critique, expecially when you have that kind of content on your device/cloud. Most of the blame is being rightfully pointed at apple, who has a responsibility to protect their users personal information. You can spin this however you like, this is an epic fail by apple. Their refusal to put SD card slots into their phones is, IMO, one of the biggest reasons for this breach. Cloud storage should never be automatic, case in point. All that being said, if you don't want naked selfies being leaked, don't take them, especially if they?re going into a cloud.
    raino likes this.
    09-01-14 04:27 PM
    Nobody, or very few, are blaming the women in question, except maybe for having incredibly weak passwords, if it turns out that was the issue. Which is a legitimate critique, expecially when you have that kind of content on your device/cloud. Most of the blame is being rightfully pointed at apple, who has a responsibility to protect their users personal information. You can spin this however you like, this is an epic fail by apple. Their refusal to put SD card slots into their phones is, IMO, one of the biggest reasons for this breach. Cloud storage should never be automatic, case in point. All that being said, if you don't want naked selfies being leaked, don't take them, especially if they?re going into a cloud.
    So no one is blaming the women, you say.

And then you turn around and blame the women in your final sentence.
    09-01-14 04:30 PM

Why do you think he is pointing at women. I understand this as general, not gender specific advice.

Posted via CB10
    ArcPlug, raino and boi2012 like this.
    09-01-14 04:36 PM

You heard of Anthony Wiener? Last I heard, he was a man taking...selfies.
    lift likes this.
    09-01-14 04:43 PM
    We went to a restaurant tonight where you would order your food from an iPad that was sitting at the table. The screen said, "Swipe your credit card to begin." I said to the Hostess, "Is there an option to pay with cash? I'm not going to be running my credit card through an iPad that several other people have used."

I was then mocked for quite a while by our friends with which we were having dinner. (and I was Paying) I explained my reasoning, and was mocked, showed my Z10 and was mocked, did a demonstration of my Z10 and dropped chins, but went back to being mocked when I paid the bill with cash. (why are you mocking the guy who's feeding you?!?!)

As we're walking to the car park, one of them sees the article on Variety about this hacking, and goes into panic mode. We are in L.A. and she works for a celeb PR firm. Monday is supposed to be a day off, but I have a weird feeling she'll be at her desk. Ha ha ha...

Blackberry, baby.
    I'm no fan of Apple but refusing to use the iPad for the payment is a little much. The chances that these iPads have malware is highly unlikely.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-01-14 04:47 PM
    Why do you think he is pointing at women. I understand this as general, not gender specific advice.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.
    09-01-14 04:52 PM
    FOR THE RECORD

Before people start randomly coming for me for that presumptuous thread title... I wasn't the one who wrote it. The comment about BlackBerry jumping on this was a joke and it's extremely frustrating to see what became of this thread.

I think whoever leaked the pictures is vile and if BlackBerry did use this as a marketing campaign and I was one of these celebrities I would sue their behinds faster than you can say hi.

09-01-14 04:55 PM
    My goodness people. Your choices are yours, not everyone's. Quit judging.

Sent from my N5
    09-01-14 04:57 PM
    Might want to wait until the facts are out.
    09-01-14 05:16 PM
    How do we know they were android pics? For all we know those correspond to the set of old "I had deleted" pics, from former iPhone users that have now moved on to Android... but still had lingering iCloud accounts.

Posted via CB10
    Photos contain exif data that gives information about them, including the device used to take them.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:22 PM
    It wasn't only iCloud. I did my research and dropbox was also involved. It's been done across multiple platforms and multiple device brands. It was all a result of social hacking done to the celebs and lack of security on their side.
    The one thing common to all of them is the usage of cloud based storage with no encryption on files. The one company that could benefit the most out of this is mega and similar encrypted services.

Posted using the fabulous 10.3.0.1052 on my Z10
    09-01-14 05:28 PM
    Photos contain exif data that gives information about them, including the device used to take them.

Posted via CB10
    True, but I doubt most of the photos floating around have intact exif data tags left.

Edit:
    http://www.businessinsider.co.id/icl.../#.VAT2AjhMXHx

Fine... time to spread the hate to all other cloud services! Lol

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    09-01-14 05:40 PM
    Good news for blackberry and every man on the planet...
    I'm opting out.
    09-01-14 05:49 PM
    09-01-14 05:54 PM
    But a lot of them weren't even using iPhone's so turning it into an iPhone and iCloud thing is pretty borderline anyway. Due to my *cough* research, some were most certainly using Android devices, which points to some sort of other 'cloud storage' hack.
    Unsecured cloud storage. A thing that BlackBerry is working on with the IoT project. And they warned about the consequences of unsecured devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-01-14 05:56 PM
    I think that all cloud storage providers are irresponsible or at least sloppy. Today almost every device has some built in cloud storage option, or app that integrates into OS and offers automated backup option, but in both cases there is no warning that it might be better not to sync sensitive stuff. And, cloud syncing option for pics and docks should be always off by default.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-01-14 05:59 PM
    Damn it feels good to use a BlackBerry.
    lift likes this.
    09-01-14 06:02 PM
    It's all good. Just watched a US news channel. They sold it as they are not sure which cloud service it was/how secure is your data on cloud services, followed by it could be the people's fault and at the end!! Wait for it!!...."Apple says it takes its icloud security very seriously!". So there you have it folks. Like I said all along.....The Big Apple controls the media.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Andy_bb_king like this.
    09-01-14 06:03 PM
    It's all good. Just watched a US news channel. They sold it as they are not sure which cloud service it was/how secure is your data on cloud services, followed by it could be the people's fault and at the end!! Wait for it!!...."Apple says it takes its icloud security very seriously!". So there you have it folks. Like I said all along.....The Big Apple controls the media.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the news agency is a first class graduate from the Apple, Google and Microsoft Media Disinformation Center for Performing Farts.
    lift likes this.
    09-01-14 06:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, they just have incredibly large amount of admiration among incredibly large amount of their users.
    09-01-14 06:16 PM
    Can someone explain why anyone would take nude photos on their phone and then upload it to the cloud?

I fail to see the logic or common sense in that.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-01-14 06:16 PM
173 ... 4567