As usual, it is about the user being careful. I don't think we know all the details yet.

Q10, N5, N10.
    It's definitely an icloud issue and they want you to use their new phone for payments via NFC,all your bank accounts will be stored in the icloud,haha,good luck apple,get the Passport in those high profile people's hands.The more we hear about breaches on their OS the more people will be turned off,just glad to see so much reaction on the web about this.Can't find any pics thoughHAHA
    09-01-14 07:48 AM
    Celebs are people too, and like most people, they tend to use crappy passwords. They'll use their dogs name as their password, and then share their dog's name with the media. Some "super-skilled" "hacker" will read the article and try "[email protected]" with the dog's name as a password, and BAM! - Paris's account has been "hacked." Except it wasn't even hacking; it was taking advantage of very poor HUMAN security. The phone itself was almost certainly not hacked, but rather a cloud account which the phone was linked to.

And that's not the kind of thing that owning a BB will protect you from. If you can guess someone's password, any security they put on top of that is irrelevant - the password gets you right in anyway.
    Source?
    09-01-14 08:06 AM
    I don't understand why anyone would want an iPhone or use apple products? The fact is apple is yesterday's technology that's available tomorrow at twice the cost. I could not trust running my business using outdated technology, security and privacy. I suspect any organization will steer clear of anything apple unless people don't mind losing their jobs.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and lift like this.
    09-01-14 08:07 AM
    Most of them wasn't even aware the are automatically uploading pictures to the cloud in first place. You know how it goes with most people when they buy something new... setup is mostly next,next, ok, yes, yes, ok. without to much reading.
    They deleted selfies and nude action photos from devices but they didn't know its not enough.
    I was surprised at that feature when I loaded Dropbox...auto upload all pictures?

No thanks

I would like to switch to this service however no integration in to the file manager.

https://tresorit.com/
    lift likes this.
    09-01-14 08:10 AM
    Celebs got hacked? Why do you even care?
    You must know that 99,99% of celebs are borderline ******* and have no idea wtf they are doing with their phones or with anything else that has a button or a switch.
    09-01-14 08:17 AM
    Today was a good day

Posted via CB10
    yes it was sir...yes it was
    09-01-14 08:44 AM
    You guys should read more, it would do wonders! It turns out that the method used was very simple:

- Attempt and fail. A script was written and they were just guessing passwords. Those people were the sort of folks that would have "1234" as password. No defensive measure could change the outcome! There are some very strong and powerful measures in place, like iCloud suggesting extremely strong passwords, 2 step verification, and a master password/touch ID.

As a method, it could be used against Google, MS, Amazon and BB, and the outcome would still be the same. Well, not blackberry, because almost no one uses BB10 devices.

The error that people are complaining about is: iCloud should have alerted the user when someone was trying to guess (and failing) their passwords using "find my iPhone". And they are right, obviously.

No big deal, but as a quick overview can attest, we shouldn't expect that much from some forum posters that are always salivating at the thought of seeing a competitor fail, instead of Blackberry to succeed. Unfortunately for them, one is the most valuable pucblic traded company in the world, with valuation and profits going up, while the other... Well... The other won't have cash reserves in 6 months.
    09-01-14 08:47 AM
    This was a bad day for the nsa.
    Being able to see celeb's pics was probably one of their hiring perks. Now that everyone has access it's no longer 'a perk if the job'.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike and gariac like this.
    09-01-14 08:52 AM
    God Bless the security on iPhones and God Bless who leaked these out! LOL
    09-01-14 09:00 AM
    BIG opportunity for BlackBerry to regain some lost ground in the consumer market!

Don't f*** it up!!
    09-01-14 09:04 AM
    Can't talk about this topic without posts being deleted.
    You can if you stick to discussing security and forget about naked picutes.

So buying a BlackBerry automatically means you are secure or is there something like BES to be activated?
    No, but since buying a BlackBerry comes with a free "no iCloud" dark ages membership,.. then yes.

Posted via CB10
    Pak is funny as hell as always, but the fact is, BBOS and BB10 are coded with security in mind, since they are targeting top level executives and government agencies. We, the common folk, just joined the BlackBerry hipe.

It's way harder to exploit a BB device. It's almost impossible (hence nobody really managing to - or at least boasting about it) hack a BES server.

We, just by using a BB10 device get the benefit of a strong OS, but there aren't really many things past that if you're not on a BES10 server. But if you think of it, iOS and Android are FULL of exploits. It's already a plus.

But a lot of them weren't even using iPhone's so turning it into an iPhone and iCloud thing is pretty borderline anyway. Due to my *cough* research, some were most certainly using Android devices, which points to some sort of other 'cloud storage' hack.
    Could be they just moved ALL their pictures into one storage service, no?

That's what I did when I ditched SugarSync/OneDrive for BOX. I don't quite mind if it gets hacked since there is nothing there I couldn't make public myself.

BOX is safe right? Guys? GUYS?

EDIT: No time like the past.

http://www.mobilenations.com/talkmobile/#page=page-5

http://www.mobilenations.com/talkmobile/#page=page-6
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-01-14 at 09:55 AM.
    09-01-14 09:27 AM
    Source?
    Mere hypothesis.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 09:28 AM
    I think it's time for those celebrities to change their iPhone to blackberry who have hacked there nude photos.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 09:35 AM
    John Chen, please keep BB security very high and a step ahead, because the world does not need Angela Merkel nude pickies...

and btw, send some BB Passport to these celebrities, they might appreciate.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-01-14 09:45 AM
    John Chen, please keep BB security very high and a step ahead, because the world does not need Angela Merkel nude pickies...

and btw, send some BB Passport to these celebrities, they might appreciate.
    Now that would be a PR stunt.

Does not solve the main issue. They claim iCloud was hacked, not the devices. It could happen to any and all cloud storage services.
    09-01-14 09:48 AM
    Could have used a BlackBerry Z30.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130
    09-01-14 10:04 AM

Does not solve the main issue. They claim iCloud was hacked, not the devices. It could happen to any and all cloud storage services.
    Exactly. A BlackBerry user using Box or Dropbox or whatever could find him or herself in a similar situation. I'm not so sure this is an Apple situation as much as it is a cloud storage situation. As Bla1ze mentioned, Android devices were involved too. Who knows, we may find out a BlackBerry user's cloud account was hacked too?
    And I repeat, BlackBerry needs to offer highly secure BlackBerry cloud storage.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy and gariac like this.
    09-01-14 10:06 AM

I don't get what you're saying. Since, the icloud was part of the iPhone device that means their devices got hacked.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 10:07 AM
    Exactly. A BlackBerry user using Box or Dropbox or whatever could find him or herself in a similar situation. I'm not so sure this is an Apple situation as much as it is a cloud storage situation. As Bla1ze mentioned, Android devices were involved too. Who knows, we may find out a BlackBerry user's cloud account was hacked too?

Posted via CB10
    Could be, but I'm partial to the idea they just stored all pics in iCloud, old (taken with Android/BlackBerry phones) and new.

I don't know about DropBox, but BOX at least gives us the impression of being safe. Check the link on my previous post.

I don't get what you're saying. Since, the icloud was part of the iPhone device that means their devices got hacked.

Posted via CB10
    It's an Apple service exclusive to Apple products. It can me used in iPhones, iPads, iPods, Mac computers and it is hosted in the CLOUD.

So you really think this guy got hold of over 100 cellphones and hacked one at a time? Dude!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-01-14 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean blackberry device is not really secure. Do you mean all applications on blackberry device is easily to hack.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 10:17 AM
    I will repeat myself....I would be using this if it integrated into the file system

Not all cloud solutions are created equal.

Dropbox, Box and others only encrypt your data during transferring, but they decrypt it on their servers in the cloud. That way, they have access to your confidential files and can see what’s inside them.
    "Tresorit keeps your data encrypted in the cloud.

Your confidential files are encrypted using the most advanced encryption methods. No one, not even Tresorit administrators, hold your decryption key. A single file can only be accessed by you and those whom you shared it with."
    https://tresorit.com/

Blackberry should emulate this service and call it "Blackcloud" or some other variant and have it native for all BB10 devices.
    09-01-14 10:21 AM
    You can if you stick to discussing security and forget about naked picutes.
    In his defense, this was never my thread title. The security comment especially was a cheeky tag and someone got a little too happy with their mouse/keyboard again.
    09-01-14 10:23 AM
    Time for crackberry.com to have an article on what cloud based service is the best for security and cost etc?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 11:03 AM
    Tresorit is now available for Blackberry!

Like BlackBerry, we believe in security.

BlackBerry has a reputation for listening to its community and delivering the hardware and services to meet their needs — and we align not only here, but also in our shared core strength of security.

BlackBerry’s tightly integrated platform delivers secure communication, enabling it to become the gold standard in mobile protection, and many companies across the enterprise have standardized on the BlackBerry platform, particularly those in highly regulated industries such as finance and healthcare. As BlackBerry’s recent purchase of cloud platform for healthcare providers, NantHealth, demonstrates, the device-maker will continue to forge paths in these kinds of industries, which require agile sharing of data from device to device, and with the utmost security.
    https://tresorit.com/blog/introducin...or-blackberry/
    09-01-14 11:09 AM
    Can someone please explain to me how this is a BB security opportunity?
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-01-14 11:10 AM
173 12345 ...