Is there a way to get CDMA radio files on any blackberry?

Could someone make an OS for a blackberry that would allow it to be used on CDMA network?
    03-19-10 02:43 AM
    No, different radios, which is hardware, not software.
    03-19-10 04:11 AM
    Is there a way to get an unlocked bb to work with verizon SIM card?
    03-19-10 01:52 PM
    Is there a way to get an unlocked bb to work with verizon SIM card?
    Nope, GSM and CDMA are two different radios.

There is a physical hardware difference, nothing that a program or patch can fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 02:02 PM
    No Verizon doesn't use SIM cards, they are a CDMA network, which doesn't use them. A GSM phone (with a SIM card) will never work on a CDMA network. What are you trying to do?
    03-19-10 02:04 PM
    Thanks, I get that now, but just trying to understand the BB Storm then. It is a Verizion phone, but is it CDMA or GSM?
    03-19-10 02:04 PM
    Thanks, I get that now, but just trying to understand the BB Storm then. It is a Verizion phone, but is it CDMA or GSM?
    The Blackberry Storm and Tour have a SIM card slot so you can unlock the phone and use it overseas where GSM is king.

If you just took a storm/tour to EU and tried to use, your coverage would be very spotty and very expensive.

where as with a unlocked GSM phone you can buy a local Pre-Paid SIM card and use it and keep you cost WAY DOWN.

03-19-10 02:08 PM
    Yes, the Storm and Tour, are both GSM and CDMA. They will use CDMA when running on the Verizon network, but if you travel elsewhere it can be unlocked to use the GSM radio in it.

Edit: Wow mjneid, we think the same thing at the same time
    03-19-10 02:08 PM
    Ok, so i have a bb storm 2, i unlocked it, so i'm using on a GSM network while in Bermuda... it comes with a SIM card from verizon... are u saying that it will not work, now that i've unlocked my phone?
    03-19-10 02:10 PM
    You need a SIM card from the provider that you are currently using. If you are using Verzion, then yes your verzion SIM will work.

If you are using AT&T, or any other GSM carrier you need a SIM card from that carrier.

03-19-10 02:12 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. That is what i thought. so ONLY the Tour and Storm are multiplatform? That's what i wanted to know.

So that means that their radios are different from other BBs which either work on CDMA or GSM individually?
    No, unlocking doesn't affect it at all. If you wanted to use it on Verizon, you would just activate through them. The SIM card wouldn't be used then.
    Thanks for the quick responses. That is what i thought. so ONLY the Tour and Storm are multiplatform? That's what i wanted to know.

So that means that their radios are different from other BBs which either work on CDMA or GSM individually?
    Yes, they are built with the CDMA and GSM radio, but you will not get the HSPA (3G) that the GSM [3G enabled] phones will get, and getting data will be spotty @ best.

03-19-10 02:13 PM
    The Tour and Storm have both radios in them. They are referred to as World Phones.
    03-19-10 02:14 PM
    understood...
    03-19-10 02:16 PM
    totally unrelated question... twitter app for bb..

i'm getting an "invalid / expired Token" error and it isn't working anymore... any idea?
    03-19-10 02:21 PM
    must of got a code direct from RIM, those codes are only good for one at a time.

I prefer Uber Twitter, T4B missed alot of tweets.

see this thread, someone else had a similar problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/of...ter-bb-437857/

03-19-10 02:24 PM
    i use Ubertwitter as well and i think its better too... i just liked how it showed DMs...

i just upgraded my OS to the latest hybrid from lyricidal last night and the twitter stopped working...
    03-19-10 02:32 PM
    Nice point!
    03-22-10 03:02 AM
    By the way, the 8830, older phone, was also a world phone and can be used outside of the US.
    03-22-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD