What happened! This was working the other day. Is everyone bailing on BlackBerry?

CBS app not supported!-img_20160105_225822.png

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    01-05-16 10:06 PM
    Well, they're bailing on supporting BB10 anyway, yes, and it's only going to get worse.

Companies run reports, and when they look at their costs of maintaining an app for a platform that provides them with less than 1% of their users, it doesn't take long before someone decides they aren't going to spend that money anymore and stops supporting that platform. That's just smart business. It's also the nature of technology - it's constantly changing, and anything that isn't constantly being maintained and updated is on the fast-track to obsolescence. BB has ended development of BB10 (it's essentially in "extended support" mode prior to formal EOL), and a lot of companies that have supported BB10 in the past are going to withdraw support for it now that BB has done so.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-06-16 04:17 AM
    Yes, only going to get worse. Even the NFL app, which is offered customized by Verizon, no longer is supported on Verizon BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 06:20 AM
    It's ok just use their website. We don't need apps.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    lift likes this.
    01-06-16 07:09 AM

This is indeed the trend. Just hope they continue updating the bb10 browser to keep up.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 07:30 AM

I'm sorry, but some apps are way more convenient and user friendly. For example, the CNN and ESPN webpages have too many embedded ads and videos. The layouts just aren't as convenient for navigation. Here, I will attach side by side comparisons. Oh, wait, we don't have working apps for the two largest news sources in the United States.

And for me, the ESPN webpage locks up my BlackBerry 10 browser every time I use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 09:18 AM
    Give the mobile site a try. Many cases it works better than the app and saves you from annoying messages.

But like other posters said...it's happening everywhere. Don't know exactly when the "end" is but we're on that path.

The execution of BlackBerry has been stayed and delayed many times over the last few years...but I fear it's 9 lives are rapidly reaching zero.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-06-16 09:25 AM
    CBS app not supported!-these-not-05jprg.jpg
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-06-16 09:27 AM

Isn't that what the old guard at BlackBerry said years ago and that's why BB is on the shape it is in today?
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-06-16 10:03 AM
    Isn't that what the old guard at BlackBerry said years ago and that's why BB is on the shape it is in today?
    Years ago?? They're still saying it!
    01-06-16 12:16 PM
    I'm sorry, but some apps are way more convenient and user friendly. For example, the CNN and ESPN webpages have too many embedded ads and videos. The layouts just aren't as convenient for navigation. Here, I will attach side by side comparisons. Oh, wait, we don't have working apps for the two largest news sources in the United States.

And for me, the ESPN webpage locks up my BlackBerry 10 browser every time I use it.

Posted via CB10
    The CNN app from Snap (google play) works great on my Passport (so far, anyway!). Don't know about the ESPN app.
    01-06-16 12:27 PM
    Yeah the android variants of them.apps work very well.
    Try them from the Amazon Store.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 01:10 PM
    I have tried them. They were too slow and drained battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 05:12 PM
    Just shut off your mobile network and / or wifi, open the app, and then turn on your mobile network and / or wifi back on. This will bypass their stupid forced close. App works great!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 12:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing attached.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:25 PM
    Nothing attached.

Posted via CB10
    That was part of the joke I was trying to make. I can't make side by side comparisons of the Web and app versions of each of those because the BlackBerry versions don't work and have never been updated. So I was also trying to acknowledge the irrelevance of BlackBerry 10 to the outside world.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:48 PM
    That was part of the joke I was trying to make. I can't make side by side comparisons of the Web and app versions of each of those because the BlackBerry versions don't work and have never been updated. So I was also trying to acknowledge the irrelevance of BlackBerry 10 to the outside world.

Posted via CB10
    espn.com and cnn.com work fine for me on Z30. At least homepage and some stories. What happens for you that is locks up "every time"?
    01-07-16 06:56 PM
    Just shut off your mobile network and / or wifi, open the app, and then turn on your mobile network and / or wifi back on. This will bypass their stupid forced close. App works great!

Posted via CB10
    I did this right after I found it not working. I wonder how long it will last.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    01-07-16 11:39 PM
    espn.com and cnn.com work fine for me on Z30. At least homepage and some stories. What happens for you that is locks up "every time"?
    The browser freezes. When I close it, the browser icon isn't even dim (which they usually do when an app is shutting down).

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 04:40 AM