Hello,

As some people on this forum know, the CBC has dropped support for the Blackberry 10 app.

I was using the mobile version of the app but one item I find is that the stories don't change and the news doesn't really update when I go to the site. It's quite strange.

I have included a screen shot so people know what I mean. In this picture the "headlines" do change and are up to date, as does the weather.

News stories and articles don't appear to change.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks
    CBC Canada Mobile Site-img_20150912_154856.png

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 04:51 PM
    Hello,

As some people on this forum know, the CBC has dropped support for the Blackberry 10 app.

I was using the mobile version of the app but one item I find is that the stories don't change and the news doesn't really update when I go to the site. It's quite strange.

I have included a screen shot so people know what I mean. In this picture the "headlines" do change and are up to date, as does the weather.

News stories and articles don't appear to change.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150912_154856.png 
Views:	1368 
Size:	333.6 KB 
ID:	371033

Posted via CB10
    Did it behaves the same when you turn off the browser cache?
    09-12-15 04:56 PM
    CBC No support for Blackberry just pay your taxes and Harper will give it to them .Time to go .
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-12-15 06:20 PM
    The app isn't supported anymore by CBC, therefore nothing will update. Delete the app and create a bookmark or shortcut.

Posted via Commodore 64
    09-12-15 07:50 PM
    The good news is that the few dollars that they saved, they put to the Apple Watch so Apple users can access CBC in more than one way. Yay!

Time to shut that network down.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-12-15 07:51 PM
    The good news is that the few dollars that they saved, they put to the Apple Watch so Apple users can access CBC in more than one way. Yay!

Time to shut that network down.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, time to shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:52 PM
    I agree, time to shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Shut it down. Then we can ALL enjoy nothing but right wing newsfeeds. Great idea. I suppose that they are the ONLY ones to not support BlackBerry. They are among a long list of companies to no longer support BlackBerry. Yes, the CBC is funded by cdn tx $, but no, they have no more obligation to support BlackBerry than anyone else. Disappointed to say the least, as I am a CBC fan an supporter AND fellow taxpayer. OP, I have the news mobile site bookmarked as well as the music site (still allows access to hear your favorite shows, much as the app did. Both listen live and archived shows) It works well. As for the "shut it down " crowd, perhaps the Corus radio network or may make an app. Or better yet, perhaps we will get lucky and they will start up a CDN Fox news network. Bet they'd make a bb10 specific app. Insert eyeroll here.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 08:15 PM
    I had the same problem. Clear you cache. It will work again. As for the mobile site it is kinda crummy video especially bad.

Posted with Z30
    09-12-15 10:31 PM
    Hi all,

Just a quick confirmation, this isn't the mobile Blackberry app I am talking about.

This is the mobile version of the website. The app doesn't download anymore but the mobile version won't update very much either.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 12:17 AM
    Yeah. Shut it down. Then we can ALL enjoy nothing but right wing newsfeeds. Great idea. I suppose that they are the ONLY ones to not support BlackBerry. They are among a long list of companies to no longer support BlackBerry. Yes, the CBC is funded by cdn tx $, but no, they have no more obligation to support BlackBerry than anyone else. Disappointed to say the least, as I am a CBC fan an supporter AND fellow taxpayer. OP, I have the news mobile site bookmarked as well as the music site (still allows access to hear your favorite shows, much as the app did. Both listen live and archived shows) It works well. As for the "shut it down " crowd, perhaps the Corus radio network or may make an app. Or better yet, perhaps we will get lucky and they will start up a CDN Fox news network. Bet they'd make a bb10 specific app. Insert eyeroll here.

Posted via CB10
    I do have a corus app.

As far as the CBC goes, I used to watch it all the time. I still listen to the radio network, but all the recent things surrounding the network and attitude of entitlement there has changed my opinion of it. The closure of the Canadian BlackBerry app to replaced by the Apple watch app was the final straw.

Time to shut it down and reallocate their budget to something useful.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, shut it down. I don't watch TV, why are my tax dollars going to that garbage network.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:24 AM
    Yes, shut it down. I don't watch TV, why are my tax dollars going to that garbage network.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You are right. Tax dollars should ONLY support what YOU want or need. Damn the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and janos2808 like this.
    09-13-15 10:59 AM
    Just create an "app" go into the browser and add the CBS Web page to your home screen. You have CBC "app ". I do the same for my banking apps that are missing no need for Android apps

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-13-15 11:30 AM
    Like a previous poster said, clear your cashe on your mobile browser. I had same issue then it worked.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 12:17 PM
    I have the same "stale news" problem. CBC made a bad choice when it discontinued the bberry app, but Harper has been strangling CBC with budget cuts. We need a public broadcaster. One bad decision is no reason to do away with CBC. Blame Harper!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 01:58 PM
    Yes. You are right. Tax dollars should ONLY support what YOU want or need. Damn the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's my money. I have a right to determine where it is spent. I am sick of my money being donated to garbage content.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-13-15 02:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what Canadian content you're watching but there is nothing right wing out there. Sun News shut down last year and I believe that was the only right wing "news" network.

Most young people are getting their news from shows like "The View" or the Canadian equivalent "The Social". Very left wing, feel good, tree hugging content.

Gus is right. My money should be spent where I want it to be spent not where everyone else wants it to go.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    09-13-15 03:19 PM
    Not sure what Canadian content you're watching but there is nothing right wing out there. Sun News shut down last year and I believe that was the only right wing "news" network.

Most young people are getting their news from shows like "The View" or the Canadian equivalent "The Social". Very left wing, feel good, tree hugging content.

Gus is right. My money should be spent where I want it to be spent not where everyone else wants it to go.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    Thanks Tim! I agree with you 100%.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 03:24 PM
    I have the same "stale news" problem. CBC made a bad choice when it discontinued the bberry app, but Harper has been strangling CBC with budget cuts. We need a public broadcaster. One bad decision is no reason to do away with CBC. Blame Harper!

Posted via CB10
    I would have been okay with it had they shut down all apps due to budget, in fact, I would have applauded the decision. But to close the established BlackBerry App whilst extolling the virtues of their newly developed Apple Watch App, even though every Apple Watch user already has the IPhone app and the Apple Watch wasn't even available, just reeked of fanboy entitlement at the decision table.

Minor issue I know, but just the tipping point straw of nonsense at the CBC. It's gotta go.

Let's shut it down

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and gfondeur like this.
    09-13-15 04:20 PM
    fanboy entitlement
    The CBC has always gushed over Apple and been negative in their reporting on BlackBerry. When the told us to go use the website, they also announced updates for the iOS and android apps. USA today, WSJ, NYT all have BlackBerry 10 apps as do CTV and Globe. So it is a CBC anti- BlackBerry bias. CBC apologists (staff?) claimed here that the website was just as good but it is not. Complaining to CRTC, and to CBC, did no good. I agree that all the apps should be shut down if they want to save money. Would love to see stats on how many Apple watch users of their app exist compared to how many of us BB10 users there were. (I recall 100s venting about droppinng the app in its ratings on BBW)

BB, Still the One
    09-13-15 04:54 PM
    [QUOTE=TCB on Z10;11920457]The CBC has always gushed over Apple and been negative in their reporting on BlackBerry. When the told us to go use the website, they also announced updates for the iOS and android apps. USA today, WSJ, NYT all have BlackBerry 10 apps as do CTV and Globe. So it is a CBC anti- BlackBerry bias. CBC apologists (staff?) claimed here that the website was just as good but it is not. Complaining to CRTC, and to CBC, did no good. I agree that all the apps should be shut down if they want to save money. Would love to see stats on how many Apple watch users of their app exist compared to how many of us BB10 users there were. (I recall 100s venting about droppinng the app in its ratings on BBW)

BB, Still the One[/QUOTE

CBC loves the artistic flair of Apple all while ignoring Apple's right wing tax evasive ways. Kind of ironic for a tax supported left wing entity, but life is easy when being selective.

Yep, I remember the big CBC headline how Apple Apps were going up in price from 99 cents. That life altering development did warrant the detailed CBC news coverage, never mind what else of real importance was going on that day.

Shut the CBC down.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-13-15 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I teach my kids to pay for their own stuff and how to donate time and treasure with charities. Why do I need to give money towards issues that I don't agree with. That'd be stupid.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:35 PM
    I teach my kids to pay for their own stuff and how to donate time and treasure with charities. Why do I need to give money towards issues that I don't agree with. That'd be stupid.

Posted via CB10
    What I find "stupid" is that some people assume that governments should only allocate funds to social programs that they agree with. For example (federal, provincial or municipal gvt), I live in a city that has a giant pile of silver spheres in a mound at the side of the road. Some consider this art. I don't appreciate or enjoy it, but guess what.... it isnt all about me! Ottawa gave $1.5 million to Parc Safari zoo in Hemmingford, Que., in part to build a �wolf observation tunnel.� I have never been there, nor am I a fan of zoos! Federal gvt gave 180000$ in grants to bring Snoop Dogg to Sydney NS. I'm not a fan of rap, nor did I get an invite to the show! Give it a rest. Could they be better with the funds. Of course. Should they be accountable with OUR money? 100% agree. Fact of the matter is we don't get to decide where all of our tax dollars go. We have to trust the elected officials to ensure that they, and agencies who receive or directly benefit from tax dollars, are responsible to use them properly. This is something that I don't believe any of us will ever see in our lifetime. To call for something to be shut down because YOU don't use it is as narrow-minded as me asking for the art to be removed from the side of the road.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:47 PM
    What I find "stupid" is that some people assume that governments should only allocate funds to social programs that they agree with. For example (federal, provincial or municipal gvt), I live in a city that has a giant pile of silver spheres in a mound at the side of the road. Some consider this art. I don't appreciate or enjoy it, but guess what.... it isnt all about me! Ottawa gave $1.5 million to Parc Safari zoo in Hemmingford, Que., in part to build a �wolf observation tunnel.� I have never been there, nor am I a fan of zoos! Federal gvt gave 180000$ in grants to bring Snoop Dogg to Sydney NS. I'm not a fan of rap, nor did I get an invite to the show! Give it a rest. Could they be better with the funds. Of course. Should they be accountable with OUR money? 100% agree. Fact of the matter is we don't get to decide where all of our tax dollars go. We have to trust the elected officials to ensure that they, and agencies who receive or directly benefit from tax dollars, are responsible to use them properly. This is something that I don't believe any of us will ever see in our lifetime. To call for something to be shut down because YOU don't use it is as narrow-minded as me asking for the art to be removed from the side of the road.

Posted via CB10
    My point is that government has no part in any of this. When there is plenty of companies doing it for private enterprise, why should we be collecting taxes for this crap period? Should just scale government way back. Government has gotten way too big....I'm saying none of us should be supporting a bunch of any of this stuff. You or I should pay for stuff privately and cut out the bloat. Period.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:49 PM
    I suppose we will agree to disagree. Enjoyed the dialogue though!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:23 PM
30 12