FINALLY!! Omg it was getting crazy!! I was scared to say that I work for At&t. I'm glad someone put their foot down. I thought this was a site for Blackberry's.
    Hopefully we can move foward !!
    07-19-08 11:23 PM
    Yeah the only thing you have the right to be territorial about is your surf spot and your stoop. If people are seriously gonna be all hissy about their carriers and all that jazz then, WOW, get a life
    07-19-08 11:49 PM
    that sounds like you are saying the average consumer will give the forum trouble. i agree i use other forums and their are some very rude people on them they will jump all over some one for not searching for a answer even thought they no what the answer to a question is.
    Who is the "average consumer"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 04:02 AM
    The average consumer, IMO, is one of 3 categoies of consumers. They are:

Informed consumers research products before they buy, and usually have a good idea of what they're getting into.

Uninformed consumers believe what they see in commercials and do a lot of impulse buying because "it looks cool" or "hey that celebrity has one of these."

The average consumer will know a little bit about the subject, or reasonably enough to know if it's a waste of money. They often buy more based on needs than wants.

But, this is just the way I see things, and more than one person has told me I'm off my rocker. So, take it as you will.
    07-22-08 04:35 AM
    I hope this thread rings a few bells, but unfortunately there will always be drama. And the more RIM caters to the "average consumer", the more drama it will attract.
    The average consumer, IMO, is one of 3 categoies of consumers. They are:

Informed consumers research products before they buy, and usually have a good idea of what they're getting into.

Uninformed consumers believe what they see in commercials and do a lot of impulse buying because "it looks cool" or "hey that celebrity has one of these."

The average consumer will know a little bit about the subject, or reasonably enough to know if it's a waste of money. They often buy more based on needs than wants.
    But, this is just the way I see things, and more than one person has told me I'm off my rocker. So, take it as you will.
    Kronk, based on your first post, the average consumer is no more than the proverbial drama riden PITA. And your second post sounds like the average consumers is a god-send.

My bottom line is this- no matter what the subject, there is always going to be someone that feels more passionately about it than others. I'm not so in love with my carrier that I feel the need to shove my pros/cons regading them down anyone's throat.

Passionate and obsessive are 2 different things. Seems if you go into the TMo forums, someone is waiting at the gates of h3ll to drive you back out with a pitchfork!
    07-22-08 06:35 AM
    I might have missed the boat on this one as I have not noticed any hostility in regards to who is best or worst or any bashing regarding carriers.

This may have come about the fact that many people that are about to get a BB ask which provider do most feel is a good deal paired with the best overall feel of the carrier. It is essentially inviting us all to participate in relation to how we feel about our carriers. This does not mean that its open season to put down anyone else's though.

I think that the best policy is to stick to being as helpful as possible and in relevance to the Original Post. What I do not appreciate is to see replies that in no way help the person that had the question or voice their personal feelings and judgement about a particular topic when it clearly did not ask for moral support or someone's upbringing about what is right or wrong.

There are features on our phones that may be particular to our carrier but this does not mean that we have to refrain from posting useful information just because the carriers do not match. Sometimes, the most unexpected reply may be the solution to the particular problem the phone has at the moment.
    Last edited by Morenina; 07-22-08 at 08:28 AM.
    07-22-08 08:22 AM
    thanks for the post garz
    i wouldnt talk to someone who doesnt have an opinion
    but you're certainly not going to change mine
    so lets all get along...all this bashing and namecalling is bs
    07-22-08 08:35 AM
    Nice post, I would agree there is no need for bashing. U know if there was just 1 carrier, we would be paying through the nose for are cell phones so be thank full there is more then 1. When it comes down to who to pick I think it is a factor on were your location is. There r some carriers that are better in some spots. Just think before u type.
    07-22-08 08:59 AM
    I agree.....I have been with tmobile for years and have wonderful experiences with them. However, some people may have found that they don't have good coverage in their areas....but that doesn't mean we have to argue about it. We all have berries.....that's why we are cool. lol....haha. Doesn't matter which carrier u may have....
    kumbaya......(thanks al LOT Brian...now I have that song in my head....)
    07-22-08 09:16 AM
    Hello Crackberry,
    I need to ask you guys & girls for you opinion about something. Well yesterday I found this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/cus...service-53340/ .
    I posted this post on their
    Found something that be useful for some people here...

CB carrier wars and getting back to basics
    Well just for me saying that I got attack saying I was causing trouble.
    I was so upset!! Do you guys think I was starting trouble?
    07-22-08 10:31 AM
    Garz, you are absolutely dead on. Just because you are with a particular carrier, doesn't mean others are bad!

I will take this a step further. This whole "if you aren't on carrier x, stay out of MY forum!" Attitude has got to stop. No one owns these forums. I am happily with verizon, and if I want to post in the tmobile forum, I will.

I agree whole heartedly. However, I think where I have problems is when someone from another carrier posts in my carrier's forum bashing my carrier (as I'm with one of the less liked carriers...I love my Sprint, but other people hate them). That's when I get mad. If someone is being helpful, that's one thing and I thank them for it. However, like the OP stated, if you come into my carriers forum and start bashing them, obviously I'm going to get offended. The other problem I have is if there is a specific feature that I have on my carrier, and someone from another carrier who doesn't understand it fully tries to assert that they are 100% right on their solution, when I've already tried their solution and it doesn't work. I'm looking for people who have had that problem on my carrier and can help me.
    07-22-08 12:52 PM
    Hello Crackberry,
    I need to ask you guys & girls for you opinion about something. Well yesterday I found this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/cus...service-53340/ .

Allow me to go back and quote YOU from yesterday.....
    ""When you post something here just be ready for the good the bad and the ugly. This is the Real Crackberry. Dont have time for the fakeness!!""

.......u said it urself........SOOOOO practice what YOU preach!!!!
    07-22-08 01:08 PM
    ""When you post something here just be ready for the good the bad and the ugly. This is the Real Crackberry. Dont have time for the fakeness!!""

Ummm.. Unnecessary. Thanks. Anyways......

Hello Crackberry,

Don't worry about it mama... Wirelessforever is a notorious **** who rips people apart and spends his days on a soapbox in the Tmobile forum preaching......... Who cares. You didn't start nothin.
    07-22-08 01:19 PM

See Rose thats what I mean!! I can take the comments but it was more to that story that was left out!! I'm trying to move foward from that, and be the bigger person. Im ready all day everyday!! I'm glad that you pointed this out. So you can see what goes on here . And the comment was not posted to your situation just a general comment!!
    07-22-08 01:45 PM
    Ummm.. Unnecessary. Thanks. Anyways......

Don't worry about it mama... Wirelessforever is a notorious **** who rips people apart and spends his days on a soapbox in the Tmobile forum preaching......... Who cares. You didn't start nothin.

Thanks Jenay for taking time and reading to what I was talking about... I was just so upset that it had to involve my job. I come here to post my opinion in what ever I want too. I never hold back what I say!! GOOD, BAD, & UGLY!! It is what it is!!!
    07-22-08 01:51 PM
    I disagree a bit, if a member here goes to the carrier sub forums and bash their carrier, that member deserves to be bashed on.

For exam there was a member who has att and he came in to sprint sub forum saying sprint sucks and stuff. I honestly believe that he deserved to be bashed on.

07-22-08 02:02 PM
    I disagree a bit, if a member here goes to the carrier sub forums and bash their carrier, that member deserves to be bashed on.

For exam there was a member who has att and he came in to sprint sub forum saying sprint sucks and stuff. I honestly believe that he deserved to be bashed on.

Yeah you have a point in some ways... But thats why there is this thread, to try to stop this bashing. I hope we can!!
    07-22-08 02:37 PM
    See Rose thats what I mean!! I can take the comments but it was more to that story that was left out!! I'm trying to move foward from that, and be the bigger person. Im ready all day everyday!! I'm glad that you pointed this out. So you can see what goes on here . And the comment was not posted to your situation just a general comment!!
    I know....but seriously, for what it's worth.....I don't think u were causing trouble. I was messin with u with my comment. I'm a sarcastic person and I guess for those of you who don't know me, you don't get my sarcastic comments sometimes. And I guess I didn't see how much it actually upset u. I don't see what went wrong in that post...what they got mad about...and I DID read it the first time, but....I'm sorry for picking on u......
    07-22-08 02:46 PM
    I know....but seriously, for what it's worth.....I don't think u were causing trouble. I was messin with u with my comment. I'm a sarcastic person and I guess for those of you who don't know me, you don't get my sarcastic comments sometimes. And I guess I didn't see how much it actually upset u. I don't see what went wrong in that post...what they got mad about...and I DID read it the first time, but....I'm sorry for picking on u......
    Thank you for taking time and reading the thread. Actually the post was removed and edit. Thanks to the mods. It was alot of bs!! lol. I dont think you was picking on mean. I can understand why you posted my comment that I made. I hope that you can see that I was not trying to attack you in anyway. People will always have something to say that u might not agree on. But thats life!! What dont break you will make you better!!
    07-22-08 03:06 PM
    I agree! I think all carriers are the best... Hey they are a phone company after all... Some people are so attached to them, but hey never know u might switch tomorrow... So love urs and respect thiers

07-22-08 03:10 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD