We have aften seen many people showing love for their carriers and then also their hates for others. There are too many arguments in these threads with people immaturely bashing each other carriers. This is completely moronic. Everybody needs to grow up and respect each other on this forum. As Kevin stated before, the CB community it the friendliest around. Lets prove that! We have actually lost of couple of members in the past due to the bashing and unfortunatley, they have moved on to other BB forums. No reason to be calling carriers att/666 and bashing members because they posted in a forum that wasn't their carrier. This is suppose to be a friendly community while helping each other out and talking BB's. No matter who your carrier is!

Lets get back to the basics and keep Crackin!

Garz
    07-15-08 07:42 PM
    I agree completely. Thx Garz for posting this.
    07-15-08 07:44 PM
    Thanks Garz....that's a breath of fresh air!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 07:44 PM
    I agree. Why would anyone even care what carrier anyone else chooses to use as long as they like their carrier.

07-15-08 07:47 PM
    Sometimes all we need is some time to take a step back and realize. Thanks Garz for instigating this...and I hope everyone will read this thread and follow your lead. I agree that all of the silliness going on lately has been ridiculous!! I mean... it is a flippin' cell phone carrier... if you are that passionate about your carrier, then okay! But do not bash on all of the other carriers because you are so in love with yours!

We all have one thing in common... our Berries!! (or other smartphones!) So lets stand united and educated and share our knowledge and respect with everyone!
    07-15-08 07:54 PM
    Garz, you are absolutely dead on. Just because you are with a particular carrier, doesn't mean others are bad!

I will take this a step further. This whole "if you aren't on carrier x, stay out of MY forum!" Attitude has got to stop. No one owns these forums. I am happily with verizon, and if I want to post in the tmobile forum, I will.

07-15-08 07:59 PM
    Sometimes all we need is some time to take a step back and realize. Thanks Garz for instigating this...and I hope everyone will read this thread and follow your lead. I agree that all of the silliness going on lately has been ridiculous!! I mean... it is a flippin' cell phone carrier... if you are that passionate about your carrier, then okay! But do not bash on all of the other carriers because you are so in love with yours!

We all have one thing in common... our Berries!! (or other smartphones!) So lets stand united and educated and share our knowledge and respect with everyone!

Exactly! The common thing we have here is BB's or other smart phones like iphone. The great thing about CB is we welcome all smartphone people to this forum. We all have something in common. I hope many do read this and realize what a great forum we do have here and keep everything on a positive note!
    07-15-08 08:02 PM
    Garz, you are absolutely dead on. Just because you are with a particular carrier, doesn't mean others are bad!

I will take this a step further. This whole "if you aren't on carrier x, stay out of MY forum!" Attitude has got to stop. No one owns these forums. I am happily with verizon, and if I want to post in the tmobile forum, I will.

I agree with you. Many here from other carriers have come in my carriers forum and helped me out before and vice versa. The CB community is all about helping each other out.
    07-15-08 08:06 PM
    Kumbaya, my Lord... Kumbaya...
    07-15-08 08:12 PM
    I agree completely

07-15-08 08:13 PM
    But, by saying all of this... I am, of course, totally not warranting idiocracy and stupidity. It is obvious that this does not mean an ATT user should enter the TMo forum, for example, and wreak total havok and attempt to start controversial discussions and arguments!!
    07-15-08 09:01 PM
    But, by saying all of this... I am, of course, totally not warranting idiocracy and stupidity. It is obvious that this does not mean an ATT user should enter the TMo forum, for example, and wreak total havok and attempt to start controversial discussions and arguments!!
    You are correct. They should only post if it is helpful to the post and not negative.

07-15-08 09:05 PM
    Bottom line is that we all got berrys!
    07-15-08 09:07 PM
    Kumbaya, my Lord... Kumbaya...
    lmao! but seriously though, you're right. can't we all just get along?
    07-15-08 09:14 PM
    Good job Garz!! Very well said, and I agree with all of you.

Way too much drama for a while there, but it does seem we
    are getting back to what CB should be. A great place for
    folks with a similar interest to get together, learn a lot, help
    others when we can, and sometimes just amuse each other.
    07-15-08 09:19 PM
    I was getting disillusioned with a lot of negative posts on CB lately. I hope it gets back to a warm and fuzzy place.

07-15-08 09:25 PM
    I read the 666att exchange and was pretty turned off by it - I had only been a member for a few days. I have to admit I was a little paranoid for a while - worried that I'd be attacked for saying the wrong thing. I have learned since that by far most of us here are friendly and helpful. I don't think some people realize the effect they have on others. It's good you bring it up so people stop and think.

07-15-08 10:23 PM
    Agreed. I'm nearly ready to jump ship. If I want to read that kind of ridiculous assaults and counter-assaults, I'll read the newspaper.
    07-15-08 11:01 PM
    I completely agree. You couldn't be more right. Hopefully everyone can get over others choice of carrier and continue to help each other out with questions and problems.
    07-16-08 12:05 AM
    Agreed. I'm nearly ready to jump ship. If I want to read that kind of ridiculous assaults and counter-assaults, I'll read the newspaper.
    Please stick around. I have noticed many frustrated members and thats why I posted this thread. There are always going to be a few bad apples. Maybe they will read this and hopefully change.
    07-16-08 12:15 AM
    I read the 666att exchange and was pretty turned off by it - I had only been a member for a few days. I have to admit I was a little paranoid for a while - worried that I'd be attacked for saying the wrong thing. I have learned since that by far most of us here are friendly and helpful. I don't think some people realize the effect they have on others. It's good you bring it up so people stop and think.

Yes it does have a negative effect people but CB has 237,000 members and 99.9% are very friendly and helpful. CB is a great forum and glad to see you still here!
    07-16-08 12:20 AM
    right on its all about the berries it doesnt matter who powers the service!
    07-16-08 01:15 AM
    I hope this thread rings a few bells, but unfortunately there will always be drama. And the more RIM caters to the "average consumer", the more drama it will attract.
    07-16-08 02:46 AM
    I hope this thread rings a few bells, but unfortunately there will always be drama. And the more RIM caters to the "average consumer", the more drama it will attract.
    that sounds like you are saying the average consumer will give the forum trouble. i agree i use other forums and their are some very rude people on them they will jump all over some one for not searching for a answer even thought they no what the answer to a question is.
    07-19-08 11:06 PM
    I must have missed out on whatever it is you guys are referring to, but I agree that any carrier bashing is not acceptable and reflects badly.
    07-19-08 11:16 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD