As we may all know, the Z10 and Q10 does not have a convenience key as that of the legacy devices., but that can change. Quite easily in my opinion. What if "swiping up and to your left " served as your convenience key. Sounds amazing to me. That way you could just set a frequently used app to that convenience key and always be a swipe away. Push this idea of you love it. What do you think? @ Kevin too. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ronniell; 08-02-13 at 08:39 PM.
    08-02-13 07:00 PM
    Up and to the right is the gesture to bring up the Hub...
    08-02-13 07:09 PM
    yh thats gone brah
    08-02-13 07:14 PM
    Great idea. Btw I think u meant 'swipe and and to your left' since right already takes you to the hub. Edit that before you face more ridicule.

And this gesture should be utilised for something else IF NOT as a convenience key. I remember that in early demos of bb10 swiping up and left was actually used for getting to the hub. They switched sides later. So they have messed around with this gesture and maybe left it for some to be added feature. If it was just the going to be used for a user set favorite app, I think it would have been there from the beginning. So I think they could use it for something bigger (more significant if you may)

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 07:52 PM
    not a bad idea, just not the best execution of it lol...

i think they could do more with the quick swipe-down settings menu... a la how they show downloads from BB World.. maybe add the option to add 1-2 quick-access apps below the alarm/notifications....
    08-02-13 08:03 PM
    Up and to the right is the gesture to bring up the Hub...
    Well it's from the left side so I meant the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:38 PM
    not a bad idea, just not the best execution of it lol...

i think they could do more with the quick swipe-down settings menu... a la how they show downloads from BB World.. maybe add the option to add 1-2 quick-access apps below the alarm/notifications....
    Not bad but you would always have to get back to the home screen to do that. On the other hand, they could make it work from any app like how the "HUB" works thereby minimizing the app that was in use initially.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:42 PM
    ...swiping is NOT a convenience key. there are 36 keys on the keyboard. 36! How many can I use to turn the phone on and jump to an app (convenience keys)... ZERO.

What functionality would be compromised or lost by having even one single convenience key? NONE

Why aren't convenience keys available? Lazyness? Poor design? It certainly is easily possible...
    04-03-14 11:11 PM
    Sorry but I could come up with about 5 different things I'd rather see than convenience keys in my z10

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-04-14 12:27 AM
    The Z10 doesn't have 36 keys which do nothing when the phone is off...

I can open programs in windows with a mouse but pressing two keys to do it is always quicker provided I know which two keys to press...

I understand most people prefer the mouse but going back to phones, in the case of the q10, taking away some of the most convenient and time saving options is like putting a five thousand pound weight in the back of a ferrari.

The thing I don't understand is that Research In Motion used to "get" this. They built awesome phones around it. Phones which can still take notes, send emails and make calendar entries faster than any smart phones on the market. removing this functionality from the q10 didn't save some enormous sum of money. They spent far more developing the face time shift camera...

I suppose, since I'm in the vast minority I just need to suck it up and accept that it will take longer to do things on today's phones than it did on those of 2005, BlackBerry or not.
    04-04-14 11:31 PM