I recently bought a Playbook from Shopblackberry.com. Be aware that the "Free Shipping is going to take from 2-3 weeks" They will ship with UPS Mail Innovation which will then pass over to the Post Office to ship out by Parcel Post. At each carrier, there is a ship time of 6-10 business days. Its been over 2 weeks now.. still no Playbook. Also.. When you purchase it, you will receive an email stating that it was shipped out. Don't believe them. My item was said to be shipped 12-31-11. UPS did not receive the package until 1-4-12. I emailed them a couple times, and they insist that it was shipped on 12-31-11 and blames the parcel carriers. Absolute terrible experience. When the Playbook arrives, I hope I wont hate it as much as I hate their service.
    01-12-12 06:30 PM
    Hello.
    Just a few points on your post. I understand it's disappointing when you don't receive your device in a short period of time - but just a few considerations for you:

The store currently states (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=epibaQYM) that devices ship within 7 - 14 business days. 14 business days is basically 3 weeks, by the way. So your current wait of 2 weeks (10 business days) does not seem unreasonable - well within the projected scope of delivery.

Secondly, you say the device was marked as "shipped" on 31st Dec. Shipping is considered started when the parcel manifest is sent to the courier or postal company. It does not necessarily mean the package has physically left the supplier - only that the parcel is now effectively under the control of the postal company. Being a Saturday and new years eve, it could easily be possible that the company did not collect your PlayBook from RIM until the 4th - as indicated by UPS. So in this case, both companies are correct. RIM submitted manifest to UPS on the 31st, but for whatever reason UPS did not process until the 4th. This is perfectly viable considering the new years day interruptions to postal services.

While I do hope you receive your PlayBook soon, I don't believe there's just cause to complain about the process at this stage - especially when your wait time is within the stated scope (7 - 14 business days).

Should you be waiting after 14 business days (minus weekends and public holidays), then I would encourage you to contact UPS again for a status update, but at this stage - from the information you supplied - your device sounds like it's perfectly on time and should arrive within the next day or two.

I'm sure you'll love the PlayBook - even more when OS 2.0 is released in February.
    kraski and Chrisy like this.
    01-12-12 06:59 PM
    I ordered a 32GB PlayBook from shopblackberry.com on December 30th with the free shipping option. The order's status was changed to "Shipped" on December 31st, and I received my PlayBook on January 9th via USPS. That's ten days total for my order to arrive including the New Year holiday. Not too shabby in my opinion.
    01-12-12 07:05 PM
    Even though I paid more due to sold out local stores, mine was shipped fed-ex and received 4 days early through Amazon. When I tried to order one on shopbb.com they were unable to process the order. I assume "temporarily out of stock". Turned out to be a blessing. Sorry to hear about your bummer experience bd, but everything is good now isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-12 10:21 PM
    At least we all know it's run through a third party retailer and not RIM themselves.
    Have fun with your PlayBook!
    01-12-12 10:25 PM
    And, if you ordered the 64gb Playbook, you're getting an incredible device for $299.99. That alone makes it worth the wait.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-12-12 10:41 PM
    i ordered mine from them this past Saturday, and received it today. Less than a week. I'm a happy camper
    01-12-12 11:00 PM
    I hope you get yours soon. My experience is different. It took 48 hours to get a shipping notification, which was last Wed. The package arrived to my door the following Mon via USPS. It was surprisingly fast.

All the best to you.
    01-12-12 11:04 PM
    I got my 16 gig from Sprint and my 64 gig from Amazon and both had lightning fast shipping. I have heard numerous complaints from friends about the slow shipping of shopblackberry.
    01-12-12 11:11 PM
    I recently bought a Playbook from Shopblackberry.com. Be aware that the "Free Shipping is going to take from 2-3 weeks" They will ship with UPS Mail Innovation which will then pass over to the Post Office to ship out by Parcel Post. At each carrier, there is a ship time of 6-10 business days. Its been over 2 weeks now.. still no Playbook. Also.. When you purchase it, you will receive an email stating that it was shipped out. Don't believe them. My item was said to be shipped 12-31-11. UPS did not receive the package until 1-4-12. I emailed them a couple times, and they insist that it was shipped on 12-31-11 and blames the parcel carriers. Absolute terrible experience. When the Playbook arrives, I hope I wont hate it as much as I hate their service.
    Higherdestiny pretty well covered it. There's another point. The USPS is going through turmoil, including cutting and moving personnel. Let me give you a personal example of the results. I've been here for 5 years. After several weeks, our regular mail lady figured out I was here and which mailbox was mine. And faithfully delivered all my mail correctly. In November, she took a three week vacation. After which we all discovered they'd shifted her someplace else and we had multiple carriers. So in the 1.5 months that's been in place, I've had a policewoman deliver a not so cheap camera because it got delivered to her house, one street over (same house number, wrong street). Her schedule prevented bringing it sooner because of her schedule, but didn't trust giving it back to the postal service. Either way, I lost out on a potentially paying job because I didn't have the camera. And I'm now in the habit of checking my upstairs neighbor's mailbox. Because, even though my last name is clearly marked on my mailbox, as recently as yesterday there was important mail that I needed to respond to that our present carriers still put in the wrong mailbox. Yet the post office wonders why they keep losing business.
    01-13-12 01:51 AM
    Usually free shipping is economy shipping which means some guy named Bob throws it in the back of his pick-up and takes off towards the shipping destination.

If you want something quicker you need to choose a different shipping method.
    01-13-12 06:14 AM
    I got my 16 gig from Sprint and my 64 gig from Amazon and both had lightning fast shipping. I have heard numerous complaints from friends about the slow shipping of shopblackberry.
    During the high-volume Christmas shopping period the website clearly stated there may be order fulfillment delays due to the volume of sales. And the specific model you ordered might not have been in stock and was awaiting replenishment. The instant gratification attitude is annoying to say the least.
    01-13-12 08:00 AM
    I ordered mine on 1-4-12 and received it on 1-10-12. My post office closes at 7:30 on weeknights. When I got home from work on Tuesday (the 10th) I saw the pink USPS delivery slip on my doorknob. The slip said that 7am on the 13th was the earliest I could pick my package up. I ran to the post office anyway and asked the worker if there was any possible way my package had already been returned to the post office. He was in the back for about 6 minutes, but he emerged with my Playbook .

The only inconvenience I experienced from shopblackberry was that the order status on the website was ever updated. But, I got my PB in less than a week regardless, so no complaints here.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-13-12 09:42 AM
    i ordered 16 gb from shop blackberry yesterday march 2,2012. any recent news on how slow shipping has been lately
    03-03-12 03:35 PM
    i ordered 16 gb from shop blackberry yesterday, march 2 2012. any recent news on how slow free shipping has been lately
    03-03-12 03:39 PM
    Got mine the next day...too bad its gotta go back for rma but shipping was fast
    03-03-12 03:40 PM
    Oh bummer. I ordered a 16 GB with free shipping and it came in a week!
    03-03-12 03:41 PM
    Mine didn't take long to arrive, a week and two days via Fedex.
    03-04-12 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD