Some of my friends are going on and on about the pre-conceived notion that all BB users are business types. And I want to prove them wrong.

While I'm waiting for my contract to end to upgrade to a BB (my first), are there any articles highlighting the benefits of BB to the casual side of the consumer spectrum? Your thoughts and experiences would be amazingly helpful as well.

It would be a great help, as my words can only do so much to convince (or not) them. I would really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!
    08-28-08 12:33 PM
    I think all you have to do is send them over to CB and they'll see 300,000 members and the various uses they have for a bb.
    08-28-08 12:41 PM

Not an article, but I took this with my Pearl. Not businesslike at all. :P

BB users like to party.
    08-28-08 12:41 PM
    BlackBerries may have originally been created with strictly business in mind, but they have evolved since then are are a highly versatile device

There are a wide range of different BB users and there are many things that can be done with them. The CEO of a multibillion dollar company may be using the same Berry you are, but on BES... while you may be using your Berry on BIS for day-to-day organization and email needs.

The media functionality is growing more and more... and RIM is making a move into the realm of the iPhone in that regard. It seems to me like Berries are becoming more and more mainstream, while still remaining strong for businesses. The iPhone is now moving toward the business world.

No matter who you are (student, music/media lover, business man, etc)... you can find a use for your Berry!

Social networking is another thing as well.
    08-28-08 12:43 PM
    The BB's original base was definately corporate but over the last few years things are changing. My BB is for personal use only and its quite simply the best device I've ever had

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 12:45 PM
    08-28-08 12:47 PM
    Thanks everyone, all of you have been really helpful. Well, the picture, not so much, but it was hilarious :P

And yester, that second article is especially helpful!
    Last edited by kevinberry; 08-28-08 at 12:55 PM.
    08-28-08 12:52 PM
    both my berries are casual, no business here. I like to keep it totally separate from any personal stuff!!
    08-28-08 01:02 PM
    Thanks everyone, all of you have been really helpful. Well, the picture, not so much, but it was hilarious :P

And yester, that second article is especially helpful!
    Np Kevin... Now get them to get BB's also..!!!
    08-28-08 01:10 PM
    I guess you could say that mine is for personal/casual use. I got it to keep me more organized for work, school, volunteering, meetings, etc. It has some business use for me but it is not through my company. There are a ton of nurses and paramedics that use BB's now for these reasons.
    08-28-08 01:20 PM
    I'm a student and I use mine for everything! Facebook, GPS, internet when I'm bored in class, calender, mainly texting tho! i think BB's are a lot of fun, especially for people who love gadgets! They are a great tool for business, but a DEFINITELY not restricted to business by any means!

08-28-08 01:31 PM
    Invite all your friends to sign up for CB
    08-28-08 07:46 PM
    Well, I got mine so my kids can reach me multiple ways... so does "Mom" count as business use??? LOL
    I am also a nurse, and use it for med apps, but that isn't what i got it for.... just a handy bit i found after i got it.
    08-28-08 07:52 PM
    The BB's original base was definately corporate but over the last few years things are changing. My BB is for personal use only and its quite simply the best device I've ever had

Ditto. My BB is strictly 4 personal use. . .

08-28-08 08:01 PM
    both my berries are casual, no business here. I like to keep it totally separate from any personal stuff!!
    Same here. It's my toy, like having a hand held computer with me. I don't have to "sign up" for various mobile phone stuff like sports and movies - I just go to the inner- net and google everything from sports to finance to dictionary spellings. It's like having my pc with me all day, and I don't even use it for documents or appoitnments, I just jot down everything on the memo pad.

Oh, and LOVE google maps even without gps, the nearest 1700 meters is good enough for most of my mapping needs

GET ONE TODAY
    08-28-08 08:06 PM
    True, the BlackBerry started out as a "business" thing, but it's so much more than that now!

The people I know who own them are mostly college students.
    08-28-08 08:11 PM
    Mine is strictly personal use. It has opened a whole new area for communicating with my kids -- one 14 and one 12. They live with me Saturday afternoon through Tuesday morning and with their mom the rest of the week. We talk all the time now and in a new way. I don't mean to get too serious, but I am having a blast. I am getting to know them in a way I never would have without my berry and text messaging. They seem to open up more with their phones. I don't want to say if that is good or bad, for me it is good because it has brought us closer. If nurturing relationships isn't a personal use, then I don't know what is, lol.
    08-28-08 08:13 PM
    Well, I got mine so my kids can reach me multiple ways... so does "Mom" count as business use??? LOL
    I am also a nurse, and use it for med apps, but that isn't what i got it for.... just a handy bit i found after i got it.
    Did you happen to get it? It's a great program and best of all, it's free!!!
    08-28-08 08:18 PM
    Did you happen to get it? It's a great program and best of all, it's free!!!
    08-28-08 08:50 PM
    All of these are great reasons for personal use! My Pro's list is certainly growing. I guess I'll just lead everyone to this thread

Thanks everyone! If you know of any other articles it would be great too, even though personal accounts carry much more weight as they come from everyday users.
    08-28-08 09:20 PM
    I think all you have to do is send them over to CB and they'll see 300,000 members and the various uses they have for a bb.
    What he said, from another Brother!
    08-29-08 03:14 PM
    I probably use mine for 25% business and 75% personal.
    08-29-08 03:49 PM
    What medical apps?
    08-30-08 11:28 AM
    What medical apps?
    PDA Medical Software. Medical & drug software for Palm & Windows PDAs

Epocrates... not all of the apps are available for the BB, but the main one is...
    Hope this helps
    (it is a large app, so i hope you have plenty of memory available. I think the main app is 9 mb)
    08-30-08 12:28 PM
    Personal use only
    08-30-08 06:02 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD