Just got a new 8530, I've had it three days now, and the WiFi mode has disappeared three times on me. By disappeared, I mean that the symbol on the home screen next to the Bluetooth icon had vanished. When I go to scan for networks, it says that I need to turn WiFi on, but it won't turn on. If I go to manage connections, it shows that WiFi is off, and when I click to turn it on, it shows a check mark for about two seconds, then it disappears. The only way to get it back is to do a battery pull, and when it powers up again, it shows up and works. Not too good for a brand new phone. Is this just an isolated occurance, or has this been a problem before?

01-18-10 04:53 PM
    this has never happened to me, everyonce in a while if I've got the white wifi symbol it will go to a greyed out wifi, then back on, but it won't turn back off completely like yours. I would consider a replacement since its this new of a phone, its not off to a good start, ya know?
    01-18-10 05:32 PM
    I too would lean towards replacment. Sounds like maybe the wifi radio is being finicky.
    01-18-10 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD