I was just given an unlocked iPhone 5s. I have been using an old BB plan for about 6 or 7 years now, but have consistently been using a Samsung Galaxy phone on the BB Bell plan. ( havent had a BB since I first got the plan)

I now want to use my BB plan with my iPhone 5s. Bell is telling me that I cannot. My internet/data package is not working on my phone. I had to get a new SIM card, but never informed them of the phone.

Are there any cheats/ tricks or ways around this?
    12-22-15 08:24 AM
    Thats very strange that it wouldn't work. IPhone doesn't require any specific data services to my knowledge... I'm still using a BlackBerry data plan on my priv with no issues. I suspect I may not be getting full LTE speeds, but it's good enough and I'm not giving up 6GB for $30 in Canada.

Does the iPhone have apn settings you can edit?

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted using my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 08:33 AM
    No iPhone uses the iPhone Data package so BlackBerry data package doesn't work on iPhone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 09:57 AM
    I was just given an unlocked iPhone 5s. I have been using an old BB plan for about 6 or 7 years now, but have consistently been using a Samsung Galaxy phone on the BB Bell plan. ( havent had a BB since I first got the plan)

I now want to use my BB plan with my iPhone 5s. Bell is telling me that I cannot. My internet/data package is not working on my phone. I had to get a new SIM card, but never informed them of the phone.

Are there any cheats/ tricks or ways around this?
    If you have a BlackBerry data plan ie: BIS and use your SIM in any other device than BlackBerry, like your Galaxy & iphone. The phone will work with data but it will be ordinary data. The BlackBerry data (BIS) will not work.

BlackBerry data (BIS) will only work on BlackBerry OS legacy devices.
    If you actually believe you can use BIS on any mobile phone you choice your gravely mistaken. BIS is not unlimited Internet or unlimited anything.

All BIS is, is a e-mail service for BlackBerry OS 7 & earlier devices that are not connected to BES servers.

''BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) is an email and synchronization service provided by RIM for BlackBerry users. BIS was created for BlackBerry users without an enterprise email account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). BIS allows you to retrieve email from multiple POP3, IMAP, and Outlook Web App (OWA) on your BlackBerry, and synchronize your contacts, calendar, and deleted items from some email providers''.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:12 PM
    Change the apn settings

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-02-16 12:15 PM