Just wonder why it takes so long for the carriers to release updates? This is hurting Blackberry . With BB 10 will we be getting are update directly pushed to are phones from Rim or will we have to wait for the carrier release . I always use the leak updates and find my bb experience so much better . But for those that don't use leak updates and wait for carrier releases are getting ripped off by the carriers . I have even come across people that don't even know how to update there phone . I hope with BB 10 updates get pushed us directly from Rim.
    01-28-12 11:16 PM
    They probably won't. RIM is married to the carriers, not you.
    01-28-12 11:30 PM
    I would like it if RIM would push updates directly to the devices...I think that would make things easier
    01-28-12 11:37 PM
    It would, and it would be better for us. But it wouldn't be beneficial to the carriers, and that's who RIM serves.
    01-28-12 11:40 PM
    I guess apple have special relationship with the carriers as they push their own updates.
    01-28-12 11:44 PM
    So what does it take so.long for them to release them ? Somerimes u dont see a carrier release for months after a leaked release . So why does it take them so long to release it are they holding it back for a reason . Testing cans be done in a few hours what are they really doing.
    01-28-12 11:54 PM
    Unlock your phone!

Put any companys firmware on your phone
    01-28-12 11:57 PM
    At least your carrier releases updates. My carrier doesn't, so I'm stuck with the pre-installed OS (.585) unless I install a foreign carrier's OS, even though I really want to do that, I wouldn't because that would remove the input language I need and which isn't included in these OSs.
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 01-29-12 at 01:23 AM.
    01-29-12 01:19 AM
    So what does it take so.long for them to release them ? Somerimes u dont see a carrier release for months after a leaked release . So why does it take them so long to release it are they holding it back for a reason . Testing cans be done in a few hours what are they really doing.
    My guess is because there's no money to be made off of the updates so they have become a low priority. Trust me if with every update the carriers were able to pull more money out of you they would be releasing an update every hour on the hour 24-7.
    01-29-12 01:41 AM
    I think as RIM is trying to tansform itself to a consumer oriented company, the days of special carrier relationships is over. Apple has shown the way. Get to the consumers and carriers will be forced to carry the devices.
    Also with BB10, it should be like the PB which gets OTA updates from RIM.
    01-29-12 01:41 AM
    I believe a while ago RIM said that the future BBX devices will all be OTA. They will have modular data that the carriers can send to RIM to be included with the update to their customers, but the main update will be from RIM....RIM has been quite annoyed with problems with carriers not releasing updates after RIM sends it to them.
    01-29-12 02:38 AM
    Unlock your phone!

when your phone is unlocked you get any update you want
    01-29-12 03:33 AM
    Unlock your phone!

Unlocking the phone doesn't have anything to do with putting "any companys firmware on your phone".

You can load any carrier's OS regardless of whether or not the device is unlocked.
    01-29-12 07:32 AM
    I agree with many of the posters in this thread. RIM should make world phones and push OTA updates instead of having multiple builds for different carriers. This makes it easier for RIM to fix bugs and release updates.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
    01-29-12 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD