It has been indicated the BlackBerry actually considers the carriers as their direct customers and not us. I wonder if this strategy is hurting them. BlackBerry tries hard to get the carrier's approvals for all their updates which has lead to a bemusing staggered OS situation across the globe. This has lead to a lot of initial negative feedback, where many US customers could not get their hands on OS 10.1 (Hell not even 10.0.10 for some) for a very...... very... very long time.
    I dont believe that the Carrier's partnership for BlackBerry is working out very well. All I have heard from the US consumers on the forums is that none of the carriers are interested in selling the BB10 phones. It is bad to an extent that many store salespersons recommend you against buying a BB10 phone. In this scenario, I do not understand how much more worse can it get for BlackBerry by avoiding their lengthy processes of testing. Is the partnership providing them any benefit at all as on date...
    What more can BlackBerry be afraid of?
    06-29-13 07:52 AM
    They can't sell direct. They'd be cutting their own throat, even if they planned it this way.
    06-29-13 08:06 AM
    Apple manages to sell through carriers and still convince carriers to release universal updates. In the absence of carrier marketing support, this is the lease they can bargain for.

They can't sell direct. They'd be cutting their own throat, even if they planned it this way.
    06-29-13 08:14 AM
    It seems like every thread from now on is bashing on BB. Making them look inhuman. They make mistakes. They are human. They care about their customers and their customers are you and me. The carriers were supposed to be the foundation. In the US they failed to sell BB and pissed off all their customers by holding back updates that were ready for weeks and then told their customer service reps to blame BB. So who are the carriers customers? Why don't they care? Carriers make more money off us than BB does. Who has the most say in this silly business game? Does anyone care? It's been like this for so long. I'm glad I live in Canada. Everyone I know with a Z10 got updates to 10.1 the day it was announced. No waiting. And guess what? Our cell towers didn't burst into flames. No need to test for months. All good. Oh and I see Bell and Rogers Z10 and Q10 ads all the time. And if you think Canada is BB heaven. It might be now. But before everytime I pulled out my 9900 I was looked at funny and told BB was dead. Do I think BB should tell the carriers to f*ck themselves? Absolutely, because they were not going to get a cooperative business partner anyway. At least in the US for the most part.
    06-29-13 08:29 AM
    Apple manages to sell through carriers and still convince carriers to release universal updates. In the absence of carrier marketing support, this is the lease they can bargain for.
    Apple had/have a products that the carriers desperately wanted. Blackberry do not.
    06-29-13 08:34 AM
    It seems like every thread from now on is bashing on BB. Making them look inhuman. They make mistakes.
    This thread is not to bash BlackBerry but to analyse what right can they do from here. You are right that the blame is on the carriers. I have not understood why wouldn't they want to sell BlackBerry, but they seem reluctant. That is why I want BlackBerry to stand up for themselves and work out a healthier relationship with them.
    I'm not from the USA but understand that it is a very important market and want BlackBerry to succeed there.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-29-13 08:47 AM
    There is a fundamental conflict between what the carriers want and what consumers want. Carriers are anti-consumer. That is why Thorsten Heins' spiel about carrier partnerships and how carriers do not want a duopoly have always rang hollow, false, and misleading for me. Worse, it has shown me that BBM will not succeed on its own because it will be crippled by design in order not to upset carrier partnerships.
    06-29-13 10:41 AM
    STOP all this BASHING...give them a break...they have just launched the platform.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:43 AM