I have an unlocked 9700.

Can anyone tell me who my options are pertaining to carriers here in the US?

Do any of them offer a prepaid service? At what cost?

Thanks.......
    Last edited by TheCG; 02-19-11 at 02:07 PM.
    02-19-11 02:03 PM
    Walmart & T-Mobile have pay as you go plans for your 9700.
    02-19-11 04:18 PM
    depending on what frequency bands are used by your peticular 9700, you may not get 3G on tmobile. what carrier is your 9700 branded to.
    02-20-11 12:42 AM
    It is an AT&T BB 9700.
    02-20-11 05:33 AM
    It is an AT&T BB 9700.
    then you wont get t-mobiles 3G data speeds if you go with them. you are fairly limited then if thats something you want.
    02-20-11 06:02 AM
    Probably the best option is one of Sprint's prepaid services (Boost/Virgin Mobile) as they are cheap and have a decent network (nothing like Verizon). If you can get a BB on Straight Talk (CDMA only, not GSM), then that might not be a bad way to get a great signal for cheap.
    02-20-11 03:16 PM
    Probably the best option is one of Sprint's prepaid services (Boost/Virgin Mobile) as they are cheap and have a decent network (nothing like Verizon). If you can get a BB on Straight Talk (CDMA only, not GSM), then that might not be a bad way to get a great signal for cheap.
    I think you missed the part where the OP stated they have a 9700, not 9650.
    02-20-11 03:23 PM
    I think you missed the part where the OP stated they have a 9700, not 9650.
    i think he was just telling him the cheapest way to get a BB plan plus celluar service regardless of whether he used the 9700 or not since he mentioned he wanted prepaid. he clearly stated it was CDMA and not GSM, but offers the cheapest solution to the OP's problem.
    02-20-11 06:29 PM
    i think he was just telling him the cheapest way to get a BB plan plus celluar service regardless of whether he used the 9700 or not since he mentioned he wanted prepaid. he clearly stated it was CDMA and not GSM, but offers the cheapest solution to the OP's problem.
    I read it that the OP wanted a prepaid option to use the 9700 on specifically. Nothing about any other phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 09:28 PM
    I read it that the OP wanted a prepaid option to use the 9700 on specifically. Nothing about any other phone.

Didn't catch that myself, only saw him asking for carrier and asking about prepaid options for them.

Having said this, I personally would go for AT&T. Assuming you're going for cost, if you're interested in a family plan they have an excellent $10 data plan per line. As for convenience, just ignore anything I said.

02-20-11 09:44 PM

yea i understood exactly what he wants. but since using an at&t branded phone on t-mobile will limit him to EDGE speeds only, theres is no problem with the other poster offering alternatives. if the OP only wants to use prepaid, he may benefit more by getting a different phone to go with that plan instead of using the 9700.

are we gonna nitpick and make this into a pissing contest of what the OP exactly meant or are we gonna help by offering alternatives to the problem at hand. the OP has been given his 2 options. he can now choose.
    02-21-11 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD