I recently priced out on all major US carriers the price per month of owning a blackberry. The sad truth was, they are all roughly the same price. What is the advantage of going with verizon at&t or sprint if the price per month works out the same?

Furthermore, who comes up with the data plan pricing, i dont see why it cant work out to 10 or 15 dollars per month for data plans...

Anyone care to enlighten me on this?
    06-03-09 12:50 PM
    The carrier is about which gives you the best coverage. First and foremost. So you will need to do your research on that.

I can't say who comes up with the data plan pricing. But I think the manufacturer has more say in it. This is my assumption because I hear that Apple is trying to get AT&T to reduce the data plan cost on an iPhone.
    06-03-09 01:09 PM
    true. TMOBILE is the least expensive i've come across with, offering a $19 pearl only email plan.

Has anyone seen the PEARL 2 for Tmobile? That confuses me. How would you get bis on a prepaid blackberry...?!#$*%
    06-03-09 01:11 PM
    If you found T-Mobile to be the least expensive for you, then here's what I'd do.

Go to the T-Mobile section of the carrier discussions on here. Let's say you live in Hartford, CT. After you've done a search for a thread on T-Mobile coverage of Hartford, CT and come up with no results, then start a thread in that forum "T-Mobile coverage in Hartford, CT" and see what kind of feedback you get.

If it's established that you'll have good coverage, then worry about the device. You're going to find all kinds of info on device on here without even having to ask. There are thousands and thousands of user opinions on here and not to mention hundreds of reviews.
    06-03-09 01:17 PM
    Although T*Mobile is the cheapest in my area, it has the worst coverage. I Was simply mentioning it..
    06-03-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD