I realize each carrier has strengths and weakness in any given area. I am with Tmobile (9900) and have no problems until I get into work (hospital). Thats where the wifi calling helps but is not consistent. With BB10 I am considering switching to Verizon as coworkers with Verizon have no issues with reception in the hospital. If BB10 has uma then I might stay with Tmobile. Are there any disadvantages to switching to Verizon (CDMA)on BB10? I also travel out of country occasionally. I am afraid of losing some functions with BB10 going to Verizon (i.e. call and data simultaneously), will this be an issue? Thanks in advance!
    12-27-12 12:09 PM
    With TMo, if you are traveling, you can activate the BB International Roaming which is $19.99 / month pro-rated on how many days you were traveling. For other carriers (at&t & Verizon), they will provide you with a fixed amount of data ($25 for 100MB) when roaming.

Also, if you are using Verizon, you may only get 3G when traveling. When I was traveling, I uses the wifi calling and disable mobile network so I can get "free" calls to US phones.
    12-27-12 12:31 PM
    I realize each carrier has strengths and weakness in any given area. I am with Tmobile (9900) and have no problems until I get into work (hospital). Thats where the wifi calling helps but is not consistent. With BB10 I am considering switching to Verizon as coworkers with Verizon have no issues with reception in the hospital. If BB10 has uma then I might stay with Tmobile. Are there any disadvantages to switching to Verizon (CDMA)on BB10? I also travel out of country occasionally. I am afraid of losing some functions with BB10 going to Verizon (i.e. call and data simultaneously), will this be an issue? Thanks in advance!
    Unknown on the UMA on BB10, or if the BB10 phone for Verizon will be a world phone (should be, but we'll have to wait till Jan 30th to know for sure). For travelling I would say the T-Mo would be better as the phone will definitely be world capable, and T-Mo has the Blackberry travel plan that @wing2299 mentions. Unknown on if Verizon BB10 device will be able to do voice/data simultaneously as we have seen some LTE/CDMA phones released that still couldn't do this, where T-Mobile will be able to for sure. You should go with what works best for you most of the time. Sounds like Verizon may be better for you in your workplace, but there could be some tradeoffs depending on how RIM implements the LTE and CDMA radios, and the LTE coverage at your hospital. Really need to wait till Jan 30th to know more details for a good analysis.
    12-27-12 12:38 PM
    If Verizon continues its recent tradition of carrying "world phone" BBs, you should be ok when traveling. Such CDMA phones have a SIM slot too, which you can use whenever you need to get. Depending on where you travel, you will get either 2G or 3G speeds, since Verizon's SIM phones don't have the 3G/"4G" bands used by US or Canadian carriers. These phones do, however, have the 2100 MHz band, which is used for 3G in most of Europe, India, and other places.

Re: UMA on T-Mobile, I haven't seen anything indicating whether BB10 phones will have UMA hardware, or if TMO plans on supporting WiFi calling on the platform. Personally, I've got my fingers crossed for UMA.
    12-27-12 12:40 PM
    Thank you everyone! I guess I have to wait a little longer.
    12-27-12 12:53 PM
    Does anyone know if it's been addressed that the Z and X will support the Tmo 42mbps HSPA+ ?
    12-27-12 04:03 PM
    Does anyone know if it's been addressed that the Z and X will support the Tmo 42mbps HSPA+ ?
    Hmmm...haven't seem a definitive spec outing on the TMO variants, but I would expect them to be HSPA-42. Recent flagship devices released by OEMs for T-Mobile (S3/Note II, Lumia 810, 8X, One S, Nexus 4) are all HSPA-42. RIM would want to match the competitors on this spec.
    12-27-12 04:33 PM
    If your looking to get the most out of BB10 out the gate I'd say Verizon. Hspa+ is ok but LTE is where its at. And verizon's LTE is light years ahead of the competition and I don't see them catching up. As far as international travel you'll be fine. You can go to Verizon's sight and check the coverage globally by country. You'd be surprised how many countries around the world you'll have coverage. Plus this is going to be a global phone. So you'll have coverage in over 200 countries.The last thing, everybody thinks this simultaneous voice and data is a deal breaker. Some phones but not all on Verizon's LTE have that capability. BB10 might have this capability. I've been with verizon always and I can't remember when I actually needed both at the same time. I think its a feature thats overated. Now the UMA calling. Thats a nice feature. I just think with all these new phones coming out a superior 4G network like Verizon gives you the best chance to get the most out of these phones.
    12-28-12 11:28 AM