I purchased this Belkin wall/car charger for the ipod touch 4th generation. Do you know if this would charge Blackberry devices (specifically Curve 8900)?

Thanks

EDIT: I would like to know if the Blackberry Micro USB cable can be used in conjunction with car / wall converter to charge the Blackberry device. Obviously, the Apple sync cable can’t be used with Blackberry.
    Last edited by robchow; 07-02-11 at 10:39 AM.
    07-01-11 06:20 PM
    Compatible with:
    iPod classic
    120GB 160GB (2009)
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4
    iPod nano
    5th generation (video camera)
    iPod touch
    2nd generation

Dont see blackberry anywhere.
    07-01-11 07:14 PM
    I purchased this Belkin wall/car charger for the ipod touch 4th generation. Do you know if this would charge Blackberry devices (specifically Curve 8900)?

Thanks
    If it's micro usb you should at least test it out. I've used gps chargers and the like on various phones with no problems

Sent from my HTC EVO Shift 4G
    07-01-11 09:58 PM
    All the Apple products listed is because that's what the separate cable that comes with the charging pods are for. The cable is a USB connector on one end and the proprietary Apple connector on the other - which won't work on a BB. The pods themselves have a standard USB female connection port just like the BlackBerry charging pods. I have the Belkin car charger like the one in the link, but is used by my wife for her iPhone. I have never tried to plug in my BlackBerry's USB cable in it to see if it works. It just needs to put out enough juice within the range of what the BB needs to recognize the charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 07-01-11 at 11:15 PM.
    07-01-11 11:06 PM
    Pretty evident (at least to me) based on the pictures that this is NOT a micro USB charger and is not compatible with Blackberry 8900 devices. This is a iPhone/iPod charger with their proprietary configuration.
    07-01-11 11:08 PM
    OopsI should have been clearer. I am aware that I cant use the Apple USB sync cable with the Blackberry (different connector). What I meant was: can I use the Blackberry Micro USB cable with the Belkin USB car / wall converter to charge the phone?

The Blackberry wall charger that came with the phone has an output of 700mA. The OEM Blackberry car charger that I have has a 500mA output. I thought I read/been told that if the car converter supplies 1 amp that it can be used to charge Blackberry devices (and iPods). I cant seem to locate this information on the Internet. Does anyone know if that is the case? (Yes I have a Blackberry car and wall charger but I want to see if I can streamline the charging products and provide my wife the Belkin charger to be used for her Blackberry as she doesn't have a Blackberry car charger).

I have updated the OP to reflect this.
    07-02-11 10:38 AM
    BlackBerry can charge from a variety of sources. I've used 100 ma to 1.6A chargers, and all have charged effectively, albeit the lower current charges more slowly.

07-02-11 11:39 AM
    It should work, I bought my wife an iPod charger for her car, which was a similar setup to the one you describe (only it plugged into the cigarette lighter) and we were able to swap a BB micro USB cable for the iPod cable and charge our Blackberries
    07-03-11 10:13 AM
    I am glad to see that using the Micro USB cable in conjunction with 3rd party USB wall/car converter that charging Blackberry devices will not be an issue.
    07-05-11 01:02 PM
    I am glad to see that using the Micro USB cable in conjunction with 3rd party USB wall/car converter that charging Blackberry devices will not be an issue.
    Yeah, my recent order to Amazon.com was for 3 Samsung OEM 'block' chargers with USB/microUSB cables, + 3 spare cables, + 2 mini-to-microUSB adapters. The sum total for all was $19, which is less than one Store-brand charger @ retail in Best Buy. I buy block chargers because I tend to break cables with hard use.

07-05-11 01:18 PM
    Yeah, my recent order to Amazon.com was for 3 Samsung OEM 'block' chargers with USB/microUSB cables, + 3 spare cables, + 2 mini-to-microUSB adapters. The sum total for all was $19, which is less than one Store-brand charger @ retail in Best Buy. I buy block chargers because I tend to break cables with hard use.

My BB my wife's BB, both Kindles, and our bluetooth headsets all use micro USB. We swap chargers all around

07-05-11 04:55 PM

Could you provide links to what you purchased?
    07-11-11 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD