11-18-10 12:25 AM
552 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Out of shear frustration today I went and bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro.

Well. surprise surprise people can hear me!!! It is still not as clear and loud as the phone itself by any means, but at least every other word is not "WHAT??"

With that said, the voice quality through the earpiece of my 510 sounded better than the Pro. Everyone has a very raspy sound through the pro, but they can hear me much much better.

At least this might allow me to use bluetooth again and keep the phone until BB fixes the problem as I really love the phone itself.

So the tally for me is:

2 year old Voyager 510: Horrible

Brand New voyager 510: Even worse

Uconnect (OEM JEEP) system: Horrible

Borrowed Motorola bluetooth: Horrible

Voyager Pro: Tolerable.
    07-25-09 05:14 PM
    classj wrote regarding a tolerable headset ..... "At least this might allow me to use bluetooth again and keep the phone until BB fixes the problem as I really love the phone itself".

I also like the phone but given Verizon's problem solving skills and lack of a timetable am skeptical about keeping it past the 30 day return period. Local Verizon store says they are not aware of any problems even after an hour long conference call from their superiors. Probably they were told not to admit anything hoping someone here will come up with a fix.

They told me they were not aware of any BT problem but I know of two people who have already returned their Tours telling the rep that BT did not function. Both said the rep wrote on the return ticket "Customer did not like phone". I guess in a left-handed way that is true.
    07-25-09 07:03 PM
    Just to add to the list, I use a Plantronics 520 and people have told me they could hardly hear me as well. With only one arm I've gotten pretty dependent on my BT headset (as have all of you it seems), may need to go back to my Storm.

~X

OK, it wouldn't be that bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 10:59 PM
    i have a jawbone prime and i'm having the same issue with my verizon tour -- i can hear people fine but they say i'm really quiet. really annoying, i'm thinking about returning the tour since i can't use bluetooth.
    07-26-09 11:49 AM
    I keep having an image of the bespectacled Verizon guy holding a Tour out in front of his face and screaming
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
    07-26-09 12:25 PM
    I am also having call quality issues bit it is not just when using bluetooth. Its when speaking and listening people say it sounds like my hand is over my mouth, n then seconds later they can hear me fine. Then when I am listening to people the sound also sounds ddistored as if I have the volume on full blast. I am exchanging phone with new one to see if the problem follows. I messed around with these options with no resolution.

Phone pad/ general options ... Enhance headset/handset call audio ... I have it set to normal
    Phone pad/ options/ TTY is set to NO
    ". ". Enhanced audio/automatic volume control: enabled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 01:43 PM
    i paired my Tour with my Prius's handsfree system which worked flawlessly with my Curve. With the Tour, I was told I sounded muffled and they could barely hear me. Actually had to switch to speaker phone.

There is a post in this thread where someone mentioned they moved their BT earpiece closer to the phone and they other people could hear them. That led me to try the following, which worked:

My mic for the prius is located in the ceiling near the rearview mirror. There is a drop down sunglasses holder directly under it. I placed my Tour in the sunglasses holder (fit quit well) and made my call. The other party could hear me much better. The call was dropped and they called me back, the connection again was fine.

So..what do you think this means? I think there was something similar in the storm that an OS update fixed. Maybe we need an OS update? The hybrid OS that is floating around doesn't seem to address this issue.
    07-26-09 02:08 PM
    Can anyone please confirm if the Verizon tour works okay with a 2007 Acura TL? Thanks.
    07-26-09 03:01 PM
    Can anyone please confirm if the Verizon tour works okay with a 2007 Acura TL? Thanks.
    Replaced my Verizon 8830 with Tour yesterday. Paired to my 05 TL with no problems. Made at least 20 test calls via bluetooth (including calls to my voice mail). All calls were loud and clear both directions. I'm not sure if the bluetooth hardware is the same between '05 and '07 TL. Also, no problems with Plantronics 520.
    07-26-09 04:31 PM
    I have a 2007 Acura TL. When I first got the Tour and paired it sound was ok both incoming and outgoing. A couple days later I started having a problem with the bluetooth in the car freezing up when I pressed the handfree link button and told it to dial a number. I deleted the device from the car and the handset and re-paired it. Since then it has been fine. As far as quality (compared to other phones I've used with the handfree link in the car) it's not great, it's just ok, but it's loud enough on both ends.
    07-26-09 06:09 PM
    +1 problem with ppl hearing me through my Plantronics 520 bt headset...
    this was same BT set I used with 8830. (which still works fine with- just tested to make sure)
    07-26-09 06:10 PM
    Because of the BT problems I have been experiencing on my Lincoln MKZ with SYNC - as I stated in this forum on July 17 - I purchased a Plantronics Voyager Pro earpiece so people can hear me. Seemed to work fine for a few days, but today I was told that I could hardly be heard. Disengaged the earpiece and they heard me fine. Same experience using the BT in my car. Sometimes its OK and most times it is not!

Helloooo RIM its time to get this fixed!!!
    07-26-09 11:32 PM
    I don't think I'm going to get this phone anymore after seeing how many people have so many problems with it.
    07-26-09 11:35 PM
    Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prt automobile donne.
    07-27-09 01:39 AM
    Same problem with my Plantronics 510, as well as the new Jawbone Prime that Verizon recommended. Every bluetooth headset that works while paired to my 8830 and my wife's Moto RAZR, is very low volume on my Tour. I will play with the TTY, but I don't have much hope of success. I think we chalk this all up to equally poor testing with the Tour as occurred with the Storm when it was released with a truck load of bugs.
    07-27-09 01:52 AM
    BTW, I see no TTY settings in either Properties or Options for the Bluetooth devices.
    07-27-09 02:02 AM
    I think I am going to return my Tour and unwind my contract renewal tomorrow. This is ridiculous. Neither RIM or Verizon test any of these devices for the more basic of functions before they release them. I returned 3 Storms that were all plagued with tons of software bugs. The Tour doesn't seem to have as many problems, however, with only 30 days to return it, I certainly don't plan to commit for 2 years under the assumption that Verizon and RIM are going to fix this with software. For all we know, this could be a hardware problem that will never get fixed with a software update.
    07-27-09 02:32 AM
    Davids331: if you like the Tour, I'd return it and leave Verizon for Sprint. Besides the track ball issues well documented here, it seems little to no Sprint folks have had bluetooth issues w/the Tour. In fact, as I've stated a few times, people tell my bluetooth sounds the best it ever has in my car with the Tour.
    07-27-09 08:03 AM
    Davids331: if you like the Tour, I'd return it and leave Verizon for Sprint. Besides the track ball issues well documented here, it seems little to no Sprint folks have had bluetooth issues w/the Tour. In fact, as I've stated a few times, people tell my bluetooth sounds the best it ever has in my car with the Tour.
    Will loading 4.7.1.40 version OS from Sprint on my VZ Tour solve the BT problem even though VZ has the same version OS? Could there be a difference in the BT files? Sprint has poor coverage in my area so changing providers is not a solution. Thanks,
    07-27-09 08:48 AM
    dh321 - The only problem with that is that I am not all that keen on Sprint. I have been spoiled by Verizon's coverage for years, as I travel to outskirts of places that other carriers have had troubles with. But I am going to have to do something, starting with at least returning the device and unwinding my contract again. At least then I am free to do what feels right, since we already know what Verizon feels is right, releasing untested product to its customers. Thanks for the reply.
    07-27-09 09:55 AM
    Add me to the list of people waiting to buy the tour. I will not buy the phone until the blue tooth is fixed. RIM get it fixed because you are losing sales!
    07-27-09 10:11 AM
    I've got an '07 Infiniti G35 and it synched up perfectly with my old enV. I've been waiting for a BB like the Tour for about a year now and was excited to get it.

When I synched up my new Tour at first, it was a little muffled and people could tell I was not just on the handset, but I could live with that. However, the other day, it won't work at all. Well, it recognized the phone and the phone recognizes it, but if I dial (or receive an incoming call) on either the phone or the car, it just sits there in limbo where I can't hang up or use either...and then it disconnects. the great thing (sarcasm) is when someone calls me, my car rings, but I can't do anything about it.

I'm going to try resetting (again) with all the setting changes I've read about. If it doesn't work, I might end up returning the phone and eventually getting the enV3.
    07-27-09 10:24 AM
    JMackc Please let us know if loading the Sprint OS works for you!
    07-27-09 10:25 AM
    I also have a 07 G35x and I believe the voice is a little lower than my Motorola H710 headset, but not as bad. I am not sure how it compared to my Bold before it. My co worker has an 06 Chevy Cobalt and said he has no sound issues at all. I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned above with the other g35 driver.....
    07-27-09 10:34 AM
    Well, I changed the TTY setting, took off encryption (what's that for anyways), turned off echo, and it connects just fine now, so I'm much happier. Of course, it still sounds like I'm 2 feet away from the phone to other people and they sound a little muffled as well. We both can understand each other just fine, it's just obvious that I'm not just on the handset.

I'll play with a few more settings and see if I can fix it. I'm also going to check out the enV3 and see if I can live with that. The bluetooth will work better and it will be cheaper (one-time and monthly).
    Last edited by Rutland; 07-27-09 at 01:04 PM.
    07-27-09 01:01 PM
552 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD