I have to say that the Tour is awesome except for the bluetooth, which is terrible. That's too bad as I love the features, functionality and display. However, I use bluetooth all of the time in my 2007 Lexus GS 350, and the person on the other end of the line sounds loud and almost distorted to me. Coversely, they say that I sound faint and far away. I have tried all of the suggested "fixes," but this has not helped.

If this problem is not resolved by BB within my 30 days, I, unfortunately will have to return it (again) and revert back to my BB 8703, which is a tank and never had the bluetooth problems that the Tour has.
    07-22-09 12:44 PM
    Many people are thinking of returning their phones under the 30 day grace period. We need to figure out how to get this elevated. Its a shame for people to return a otherwise great phone. Ideas?
    07-22-09 12:58 PM
    Hey guys, I've reached out to someone at VZW corporate and notified them of the issues we're having. Hopefully she may be able to provide us with information on how to escalate or even help us with it. Fingers Crossed!
    07-22-09 01:10 PM
    Nice Beau! Hopefully that will pan out for us! I've been searching around the net for a leaked version of the Tour OS, but have not been able to find one yet. Closest I have come is finding a hybrid which consists of the 4.7.1.40 os and the 5.0.0.130 OS. Havent installed it though.

Hey guys, I've reached out to someone at VZW corporate and notified them of the issues we're having. Hopefully she may be able to provide us with information on how to escalate or even help us with it. Fingers Crossed!
    07-22-09 01:17 PM
    Just left the VZW store with a third Tour 9630 and it still had the same BT problems. The manager was nice enough to give me an extra two week grace period after the 30 day return policy. Hopefully by then rim should have a fix for this.
    07-22-09 01:43 PM
    See the thread I just started "Tour Hybrid Incoming". I may try this hybrid out just to see if it resolves the BT issues....pending the hybrid works correctly.
    07-22-09 02:39 PM
    Verizon left me a LONG voice mail today. They expressed their appologies and stated that they confirmed the issue, and are working with RIM on the problem and to expect a software update shortly.
    07-22-09 03:58 PM
    Verizon left me a LONG voice mail today. They expressed their appologies and stated that they confirmed the issue, and are working with RIM on the problem and to expect a software update shortly.
    I'd love to hear this voicemail if you have the ability to upload it somehow. (Not that I don't trust you, I'm just nosey as to what they specifically said.)
    07-22-09 04:03 PM
    No offense, but this is hard to believe. I've been with VZW for over a decade and this is not what they do. What they do is what happened to me this morning when I returned my Tour with a list of several things wrong with it (including the BT problem) and both service reps said "this is the first we heard about this"...yet there were two customers there, me and one other guy, with the same problem.
    07-22-09 04:10 PM
    I just listened to it again and they said that they are working "dilligently with Blackberry" on a software patch for this problem.

Maybe a trip to the store, two phone calls to tech, one to the exec offices, and a long email with detailed troubleshooting has something to do with it?

In any event, I am not holding my breath for sure, but at least they are trying to make me believe that they are working on it.
    07-22-09 04:26 PM
    vz can pay my ticket if i get pulled over for using my cell in the car haha... do u think it has anything to do with the fact that the tour is a stereo blue tooth connection? in my 06' maxima SL its the same issue with no one hearing me... hope theres a fix soon!
    07-22-09 05:18 PM
    This is my 3rd Blackberry and I have never had a problem with bluetooth and my BMW, but the Tour is a nightmare. Everyone I have talked to says that I sound like I am whispering to them or stuck in a box. My mother has a new Tour as well and in her BMW the phone starts making phantom calls to nobody when it syncs with the car. Never seen that one before, but you have to disable the bluetooth to make it stop.

I called Verizon who connected me to Blackberry and got "this is the first I have heard of the problem" yet again. The person said she would tell her supervisor, but that a software fix probably won't be soon because they aren't having many problems with the phone. I will most likely return the phone because in NJ you will get a ticket for being on the phone.
    07-22-09 07:11 PM
    Well, here is a interesting development for me. Tonight I did a wipe and restore on my phone. Loaded the original OS on the phone, restored everything and then loaded the hybrid. Repaired my BT and tried it out. It does indeed sound better, but only by a little bit. Its still no where close to what how my Curve was, but it seems this may actually be usable for me now until a newer OS comes out. I'm not really sure if doing the wipe or loading the hybrid helped, but one of those 2 things at least seems to have made some difference. Only problem I have now is I cant download my phonebook to my BT car system (Sync) now. It says it downloads it but then there are no entries.
    07-22-09 09:27 PM
    Ok I have a Nissan Altima Coupe with the built in bluetooth, it worked AWESOME with my pearl. I paired my phone after having my tour for a week and thought all was well, I got a phone call in the morning and went to answer it and I couldnt dear the person that called well I thought it was due to the fact my aux was plugged in and I was listening to music. I unplugged the jack and still couldnt hear them called the person back and it seemd to be working fine. I then left for the day and was sitting in traffic stuck due to an accident and decided to call home to let them know I would be late. I proceed to hit my bluetooth button to call and did the voice dial and it just hung up I thought it was a fluke so tried it again and the same, so I dial from the phone itself and it worked just fine. I never had this issue with my pearl it worked perfect any ideas on what I should do??
    07-23-09 10:31 AM
    No offense, but this is hard to believe. I've been with VZW for over a decade and this is not what they do. What they do is what happened to me this morning when I returned my Tour with a list of several things wrong with it (including the BT problem) and both service reps said "this is the first we heard about this"...yet there were two customers there, me and one other guy, with the same problem.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

The same thing happened to me today. I was in a strip mall in NJ where there is a Verizon store, so I pop in to check out the Tour (2nd time) The sales rep comes over to me and asks me if I had any questions. I said no, told him I really like the Tour, but not going to buy it till the B.T. Problems are fixed. He asked me "what problems?" I find it hard to belive that he or anyone in that store are not aware of the problem. Don't think I can trust Verizon with an answer like that. Over 15 years as a loyal customer, thinking about a switch to the I Phone.

P.S. I told the sales rep to read Crackberry. I do, and I don't sell Blackberries.

07-24-09 12:47 AM
    It may not be a "great" answer.....bu hey...it's ans answer and I'm happy!

I had plantronics 925 and also a 510 with usb dongle for my voice dictation...
    The BOTH SUCKED at people hearing me.
    Saw the ads for the plantronics new Voyager Pro....tried it in the store right when I bought it....WOW!!!! Really strong!

I LOVE THIS BLUETOOTH!!!!...It's everything that was raved about!
    So I guess it's a problem with Tour/BT model match-ups....but this DEFINATELY worked
    07-24-09 10:15 AM

Saw the ads for the plantronics new Voyager Pro....tried it in the store right when I bought it....WOW!!!! Really strong!

So I guess it's a problem with Tour/BT model match-ups....but this DEFINATELY worked
    07-24-09 10:17 AM

07-24-09 10:24 AM
    ... I said no, told him I really like the Tour, but not going to buy it till the B.T. Problems are fixed. He asked me "what problems?" I find it hard to belive that he or anyone in that store are not aware of the problem.
    Hit the same thing when I was looking earlier this week, and again this afternoon. The rep's response was that the BT signal out was the same out of all the BBs. I suggested he check out this thread and inquire upstream at VZW.
    Last edited by crabbybahstid; 07-24-09 at 10:44 PM.
    07-24-09 01:12 PM
    Dear Beau,

I’ve checked with my Technical Support people and they have not had any complaints regarding this issue. I took a look at the link that you sent and wanted to ask if you’ve tried the suggestion listed by comment #5 about trying to turn off the “echo” and the TTY options for the device? We also have a support page on our website that lists compatibility with Bluetooth devices. You can go to the Support tab-Phone & Device-Bluetooth-Car Kit Accessory. From there you can select Blackberry and then your device model.

I hope this information proves helpful.
    07-24-09 04:04 PM

The same thing happened to me today. I was in a strip mall in NJ where there is a Verizon store, so I pop in to check out the Tour (2nd time) The sales rep comes over to me and asks me if I had any questions. I said no, told him I really like the Tour, but not going to buy it till the B.T. Problems are fixed. He asked me "what problems?" I find it hard to belive that he or anyone in that store are not aware of the problem. Don't think I can trust Verizon with an answer like that. Over 15 years as a loyal customer, thinking about a switch to the I Phone.

P.S. I told the sales rep to read Crackberry. I do, and I don't sell Blackberries.

For what it's worth, I work in a Verizon and I had not heard of this problem except for on this site. It's not like the rep was lying to you, it isn't an issue they have made known to us.
    07-24-09 05:17 PM
    The folks at my VZW store FINALLY admitted to me this is the number one reason for the returns they've had, thogh they would not admit to the problem officially...I'm sure they can't because of company policy, and I understand that. The last thing VZW needs is everyone out there to return their Tours.

I did return mine and go back to the Curve...I'll re-purchase the Tour when/if the audio quality and BT issues are fixed. If not, I'll try the Storm 2 later this year.
    07-24-09 05:27 PM
    I can be in a conversation and POOF out of bluetooth back to handheld no warning never did this with storm or curve any suggestions
    07-25-09 09:15 AM
    I can be in a conversation and POOF out of bluetooth back to handheld no warning never did this with storm or curve any suggestions
    Is this with a headset or the in-car system?
    07-25-09 01:28 PM
    I have the BlueAnt SuperLight BT unit in my car. When I first paired it, it worked fine, then the sync did not work.

I deleted and reinstalled the paring and it worked fine, until I called my friend who asked me if I was in a toilet bowl somewhere.

If this isn't resolved soon, I too will return my BB Tour and wait until they have this issue fixed.
    07-25-09 04:00 PM
552 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD