11-18-10 01:25 AM
552 ... 20212223
tools
    I am having the same problem, of course when I called tech support it was working fine, I am trying to set the bluetooth echo to auto, hope it works...just do not understand why it works sometimes, blew 80 bucks on motorola hc690, the plantronics did the same thing, for such an advanced phone I am very disappointed, sheesh my husband has a env2 and an old jabra bluetooth works fine, maybe downgrade to env3, i am so disappointed in blackberry
    10-04-09 02:18 AM
    Me too, very disappointed. The other day I was meeting my insurance agent and the media player started playing out of the blue. I had stopped the music after trying to stream music again in the car. When I got home, I deleted all audio files off the phone, that's the last time I use it as a media player. This is a joke. It sucks because I don't want to do anything else on this phone except call and receive email. I'm surprised it even works syncing to my desktop manager on my macbook pro. (knock on wood) I really am tired of switching phones. If it wasn't for the wifey & family using blackberry messenger and email for work, I would just get a regular phone.
    10-05-09 06:12 PM
    Try turning the TTY off in the options.

Also when connected to the bluetooth, try going into your bluetooth options and highlight the device and see of there is an option to change echo control.
    Where did you find TTY in the options? Also in the echo control did you change from automatic to either on or just off all the time? Thanks for responding.
    10-05-09 09:08 PM
    FYI, same thing happened to me after upgrade to .53 so I deleted all B/T devices and paired them all over again. That worked, no more issues with call quality. Have not experience the "ghost" call issue either.

Good luck!
    that unfortunately didn't fix it for me.

Does anyone else notice when the BT headset (or car) first picks up the sound is normal, the other end hears you perfect, then about a second to two seconds later the audio gets super quiet and the other end can barely hear you or you sound like you are really far away.

I noticed this tonight when I called my land line trying to figure out the problem.
    10-06-09 12:44 AM
    I have just had my Tour for about 3 days. This issue with lack of volume on the recieving side could b a deal breaker for me. With all the hands free requirements while driving you would think they would make the outgoing volume high enough that other parties using a bluetooth (in my wifes case a Jawbone II) could hear me when I call. This is a stuppid problem to have. I have loved both of my other Blackberries which is why I got his one bt I can't have a phone that won't let others hear what I have to say. Other than returning the phone and telling everyone I know not to by this product, is there a fix. I like the rest of it but without a phone it is really does me no good. WOW I feel better. I have turned off the echo control and that did zip, next. Thanks for all the help in advance. Just would have been nice if RIM couldhave fixed it before they put it on the market.
    10-08-09 07:03 PM
    I downloaded the multilanguage version listed on this site last night and it fixed my BT problems. I was using the SYNC system in a Ford f150 and had the same issues everyone has noted. After the upgrade to the OS (.53 version) everyone has said it comes in great. It's a simple install. Took about 40 min. Everything worked like usual and all of my settings were the same. Totally worth the time in my opinion.
    10-09-09 04:35 PM
    For those Sprint Tour owners out there, OS 4.7.1.57 is official, the upgrade is through DM. There's no OTA download, nor can you find it through Sprint's Blackbery support site... and YES it FIXES the bluetooth issue...
    Last edited by cire0309; 10-10-09 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-10-09 09:03 AM
    can not wait for vzw release
    10-10-09 10:19 AM
    Volume is ok in the car for me. I haven't had one person complain about sound to me. Maybe every car is different. My problem is streaming audio being interrupted by every message and starting all over again. It has happened with the Jabra and new car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 04:38 PM
    Volume is ok in the car for me. I haven't had one person complain about sound to me. Maybe every car is different. My problem is streaming audio being interrupted by every message and starting all over again. It has happened with the Jabra and new car.

weird, mine gets interrupted but it doesn't start over, it just resumes from about 2 seconds before it interrupted.

I wish it would just be like the iphone and fade down the music to play the notification.. AND play the notification through BT and not through the internal speaker
    10-10-09 10:13 PM
    Unfortunately I think the glitch is in the programming. I tried a wired headset and suprisingly got the same results. Doesn't seem like the two would be related. I think it has to do with the bb not liking to use a mic other than the hardwired one
    10-11-09 04:06 PM
    Unfortunately I think the glitch is in the programming. I tried a wired headset and suprisingly got the same results. Doesn't seem like the two would be related. I think it has to do with the bb not liking to use a mic other than the hardwired one
    I never did have a problem with the wired mic, but the bluetooth issue has been resolved with the new Sprint OS release...
    10-13-09 12:44 AM
    Hi guys, I've the same bluetooth issue as u have. However, the same problem also happens even it's not connected with BT.

The symptom is that after I made the call, both side can hear perfectly, but after a few mins the receivers can barely hear me while I can still hear them.

Now I use OS V4.1.7.40, If the OS .53 helps?

I am using verizon, can I also install sprint's official OS? If I cant, which version is the most stable for verizon Tour?.

thanks
    10-16-09 01:18 AM
    Hi guys, I've the same bluetooth issue as u have. However, the same problem also happens even it's not connected with BT.

The symptom is that after I made the call, both side can hear perfectly, but after a few mins the receivers can barely hear me while I can still hear them.

Now I use OS V4.1.7.40, If the OS .53 helps?

I am using verizon, can I also install sprint's official OS? If I cant, which version is the most stable for verizon Tour?.

thanks
    10-16-09 01:21 AM
    i know a few people with the tour and haven't heard of any problems at all.. that's kinds weird
    10-20-09 12:03 AM
    yeah I have the bluetooth problem with 4.7.0.40. It's essentially unusable because of the low transmit volume.
    10-20-09 03:56 AM
    I thought I was ok, but I m ay not be.

Bluetooth speaker phone (I think it is the Moto T305, or whatever) works fine if I am calling my land line at home. But if I call my wife or daughter's cell phone, then they have problems hearing me.
    10-20-09 08:33 AM
    Updated to 4.7.1.57 and this issue FINALLY is fixed with my satechi car bluetooth kit!

It works so well now!! It still doesn't work too great with one of my bluetrek bluetooth headset but I think that headset just sucks.

The only complaint I have left which is not really related to this is when can RIM make notifications play through bluetooth as well!!!!
    10-21-09 01:36 AM
    I figured out my problem with the audio files starting up again with streaming in the car. The actual issue was the sound notifications when email came in. If I change the profile to Phone Only in the car, the sound notifications are off and don't interrupt the streaming audio. The car answers my calls and pauses the streaming music then starts up again fine after the call has ended.
    11-03-09 10:22 AM
    was an early adapter and got tour the day it came out.and my car to bluetooth was awful they couldnt hear me. however my trackball went a few weeks ago (when i would go left to right it sometimes went opposite way) took it to vz and then sent me a Free replacement.. tried the bluetooth thing again... and it works perfect...so i dunno..maybe theres just a bad batch outthere? still have the .40 OS...
    11-14-09 04:06 PM
    just to be clear, i'm using the built in bluetooth in my car (08' lexus gx470)
    baller! :d
    11-14-09 08:43 PM
    I just spent and hour on the BlackBerry service line; not very helpful. There appears to be no immediate fix for the lack of full compatibility between many Bluetooth devices and the Tour. Their suggestion, buy a new one from a very limited list available on the BlackBerry knowledge site. Not a good answer. Hopefully, there will be a software fix since my Bluetooth worked fine with my previous BlackBerrys, even the notorious Storm. Bummer!
    12-21-09 12:51 PM
    Recently purchased sony mex car radio, seT up my bb tour on it with bluetooth. Made very good calls with it for 2 days and afterwards, once I switch on my car radio and connect my handset, the radio displays "calling........" even though I'm not. Can't listen to music unless I turn off my bluetooth.
    Anyone with similar problems and solutions?

04-14-10 11:50 PM
    I had the same problem with terrible sound quality for my callers with my Storm 2 and Pioneer car bluetooth. The post that recommended turning offthe echo control on the Storm under "Bluetooth Options" really made a difference. the sound quality got better when I placed the echo control of the Pioneer to "High".
    07-24-10 08:26 PM
    I have Tour 9630 by Sprint. With the previous OS 4.7 I had no problem connecting to the car Bluetooth and Jabra headphones. After upgraded the OS from 4.7 to OS 5.0 I can not connect to the car (BMW 5) and when I use the Jabra headset people complain that I sound far with allot of background noise. I change my Tour twice and had similar experience, great reception with OS 4.7 and awful with OS 5.0 The Sprint guys still blame the phone not the software....

I can not wait to the end of the year to trash this junk
    08-03-10 08:28 PM
552 ... 20212223
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD