Just paired the Tour (updated OS) with my 2007 Camry. Works like it should have from the start. I have not tried the Jabra as I posted earlier. Been driving all evening so I will try it in the morning.
    09-19-09 08:48 PM
    The update didn't fix my bluetooth issues. Since I'm still within the 30 day purchase limit should I go return the Tour for a new one and try updating to .53 again? Will Verzion exchange me a new Tour because the bluetooth outgoing sound is very low?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 11:30 PM
    I just received my Tour (Verizon) with the green dot on the box and tested it right away with my blueant supertooth light....no problems at all. It works as the Curve did.

Note: Also the audio problem reported on and off of the bluetooth doesn't seem to be a problem with the one I got.

Other than the battery not charging on the USB, this phone is solid.
    09-20-09 08:59 AM
    I just received my Tour (Verizon) with the green dot on the box and tested it right away with my blueant supertooth light....no problems at all. It works as the Curve did.

Note: Also the audio problem reported on and off of the bluetooth doesn't seem to be a problem with the one I got.

Other than the battery not charging on the USB, this phone is solid.

Green Dot Tours are great. Keep your eye on the bluetooth over the next month, that's when they seem to fail!

09-20-09 09:03 AM
    Green Dot Tours are great. Keep your eye on the bluetooth over the next month, that's when they seem to fail!

Oh man...I went from being happy to scared. Hopefully that won't happen.
    09-20-09 09:05 AM
    Oh man...I went from being happy to scared. Hopefully that won't happen.
    Haha, don't be! As long as the trackball works you're good! .53 fixes the bluetooth issue supposedly and I haven't had any issues with 5.0.0.191

09-20-09 09:14 AM
    Im not sure if anybody has addressed this problem yet, but it is a big one for me and several others I have seed around the forum.

So I just got a new Tour...
    Previous phones include; Bold, 8830, 8800. All bluetooth functions worked perfectly.

For about two days the Tour worked normally with my car's bluetooth. Now it has the following symptoms:

-It stays on as if it is on a phone call whenever it is connected ...the "phantom call". This shuts off all access to my audio functions in my car from the moment it connects with my car.
    - The worst symptom is that it will answer calls for me, my phone doesn't ring. One minute I am sitting there driving, then next I am talking to some person I most likely dont want to be talking to. Holy $%^&!

A second problem is I have a mac, so there doesn't appear to be any updates available to me for the software. Though I did get the new Mac compatible Desktop Manager.. sweet!!

... It seems like the bulk of the problems with this phone and bluetooth is the sound quality, just for the record my sound quality is better than ATT Bold.
    09-20-09 11:10 AM
    - The worst symptom is that it will answer calls for me, my phone doesn't ring. One minute I am sitting there driving, then next I am talking to some person I most likely dont want to be talking to.
    There is a setting on the phone that allows it to answer the phone after a certain number of rings or no rings.

Go into your call log by pushing the green phone button once > menu button > options > General Options > Auto Answer > Never.
    09-20-09 11:33 AM
    Im not sure if anybody has addressed this problem yet, but it is a big one for me and several others I have seed around the forum.

So I just got a new Tour...
    Previous phones include; Bold, 8830, 8800. All bluetooth functions worked perfectly.

For about two days the Tour worked normally with my car's bluetooth. Now it has the following symptoms:

-It stays on as if it is on a phone call whenever it is connected ...the "phantom call". This shuts off all access to my audio functions in my car from the moment it connects with my car.
    - The worst symptom is that it will answer calls for me, my phone doesn't ring. One minute I am sitting there driving, then next I am talking to some person I most likely dont want to be talking to. Holy $%^&!

A second problem is I have a mac, so there doesn't appear to be any updates available to me for the software. Though I did get the new Mac compatible Desktop Manager.. sweet!!

... It seems like the bulk of the problems with this phone and bluetooth is the sound quality, just for the record my sound quality is better than ATT Bold.
    OS Release should fix issues....

That's what I would wait for

09-20-09 11:38 AM
    .65 fixed my issue, generally.....with one consistent exception. When I call/receive a call from the Blackberry Storm on my account, I cannot hear (it is still horribly garbled). I don't know if this is the Tour to Storm communication or if it's just an outstanding issue with the Storm. When the Storm update comes out, if my issue still is outstanding, I will be trading my Tour in for something else. Enough is Enough.
    09-22-09 03:44 PM
    So can everyone who had the chance to upgrade to .53 confidently say that the new OS fixed the bluetooth issue with the call quality? I updated with the new OS on my previous Tour and it didn't help. I just got a replacement Tour couple of days ago and the bluetooth call quality is still the same with the .40 OS on a new Tour.
    09-23-09 09:01 AM
    So can everyone who had the chance to upgrade to .53 confidently say that the new OS fixed the bluetooth issue with the call quality? I updated with the new OS on my previous Tour and it didn't help. I just got a replacement Tour couple of days ago and the bluetooth call quality is still the same with the .40 OS on a new Tour.
    Night and day difference for me!
    09-23-09 10:00 AM
    Can you tell me why my Tour will not disconnect w/in-car bluetooth after a call? Since it won't disconnect, I have no access to audio. I was able to pair the phone quickly and easily. I've had the Pearl, Curve, and other phones that have never had an issue with the in-car bluetooth. I called Sprint yesterday and the rep told me I would have to call my car manufacturer. That sounds strange as it has always worked before. I'm sure there are other threads out here about it, but I just need some help. If I can't use bluetooth in the car, this could be a deal breaker for the Tour, I may have to go back to my Curve. Thanks in advance.
    09-23-09 11:03 AM
    Can you tell me why my Tour will not disconnect w/in-car bluetooth after a call? Since it won't disconnect, I have no access to audio. I was able to pair the phone quickly and easily. I've had the Pearl, Curve, and other phones that have never had an issue with the in-car bluetooth. I called Sprint yesterday and the rep told me I would have to call my car manufacturer. That sounds strange as it has always worked before. I'm sure there are other threads out here about it, but I just need some help. If I can't use bluetooth in the car, this could be a deal breaker for the Tour, I may have to go back to my Curve. Thanks in advance.
    I had this occasionally happen since I upgraded from the 8830 to the Tour (aka 9630) in the middle of July. "Rebooting the car" (required to power cycle the Volk-L [VW dealer installed] Bluetooth unit) fixed it every time. Apparently, there have been significant Bluetooth changes in OS v4.7.1.53 (as compared to the original OS v4.7.1.40) that have addressed this as well as Bluetooth sound quality issues -- it has not recurred since the OS upgrade on Friday evening. FYI, as you may have read, it appears that Verizon or RIM have pulled the OS update since some users experienced fatal errors during the upgrade process.
    09-23-09 11:15 AM
    Are people here upgrading to 4.7.1.53 via an official Blackberry way or using leaked software? Assuming it is official, how do I go about upgrading my Tour?

Thanks.
    09-23-09 10:27 PM
    Are people here upgrading to 4.7.1.53 via an official Blackberry way or using leaked software? Assuming it is official, how do I go about upgrading my Tour?

Thanks.
    Initially, users were updating either OTA (Options, Advanced, Wireless Update) or via the Desktop Manager Check for Updates. The "official" build has been pulled, apparently due to issues that some users encountered with the upgrade -- the "leaked" version is identical, and it can be installed via the Desktop Manager.
    09-24-09 07:54 AM
    Initially, users were updating either OTA (Options, Advanced, Wireless Update) or via the Desktop Manager Check for Updates. The "official" build has been pulled, apparently due to issues that some users encountered with the upgrade -- the "leaked" version is identical, and it can be installed via the Desktop Manager.
    Thanks.

So if you do Check for Updates in Desktop Manager, it finds .53? Doesn't that make this version official? Or do you have to download it somewhere and then point DM to that file?
    09-24-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks.

So if you do Check for Updates in Desktop Manager, it finds .53? Doesn't that make this version official? Or do you have to download it somewhere and then point DM to that file?
    Late Friday into Saturday, it WAS true that the Desktop Manager Check for Updates would find OS v4.7.1.53 (if you were not using a BES configuration), but the release has in fact been pulled ("details" can be found at http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...tponed-321877/). At this time, the ONLY way to install .53 is to locate the installer, download/install it, and then the DM should recognize the update.
    09-24-09 10:00 AM
    Late Friday into Saturday, it WAS true that the Desktop Manager Check for Updates would find OS v4.7.1.53 (if you were not using a BES configuration), but the release has in fact been pulled ("details" can be found at http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...tponed-321877/). At this time, the ONLY way to install .53 is to locate the installer, download/install it, and then the DM should recognize the update.
    Thanks. I'll guess I'll just wait until it becomes official. The BT volume isn't a huge deal. I'm hoping that at BB's earning announcement they will talk about Desktop Manager for Mac and 5.0 to be released tomorrow. If 5.0 isn't ready than perhaps .53 will be. Maybe they pulled it to coincide with DM for Mac/earnings call/perhaps updated Windows version.
    09-24-09 11:25 AM
    FYI, same thing happened to me after upgrade to .53 so I deleted all B/T devices and paired them all over again. That worked, no more issues with call quality. Have not experience the "ghost" call issue either.

Good luck!
    09-24-09 10:48 PM
    I still have the streaming issue and it makes listening to anything unusable. As much as I want the Tour to be everything, it just can't. When ever a call or new message arrives, the song or audio file starts from the beginning if it's streaming at that time. When I'm driving, it's not safe to be adjusting the audio file again and again. Nice feature but like I said unusable. I wonder if this happens with other phones? I'm starting to miss my 8330 that worked 99.9% of the time. These new blackberry devices seem to have so many quirks and even with OS updates, new quirks pop up. The only Telus OS update I recall was for the 8330 I had and my wife still uses. Never got one for the Storm and not the Tour yet. This is like having a Storm but one level better without the touch screen.
    09-25-09 08:51 AM
    FYI, same thing happened to me after upgrade to .53 so I deleted all B/T devices and paired them all over again. That worked, no more issues with call quality. Have not experience the "ghost" call issue either.

Good luck!
    Thanks for this info. When Verizon officially releases this OS I will try that out.
    09-25-09 11:32 AM
    I have seen this issue, and hopefully this will be fixed in next official software release!
    09-28-09 07:02 AM
    .53 corrected the Bluetooth issues for me as well.
    09-29-09 09:40 AM
    Hey are people having BT issues with 5.0.0.230? I have a Prius w/ built in Bluetooth and I'm running .230 and people are telling me the voice sounds good except for intermittent cutting out. I haven't adjusted the mic volume from high in the car from the previous make-shift fix when the mic was too low.

Thanks,
    09-30-09 01:54 PM
552 ... 1920212223
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD