I found a temporary solution to my problem (at least with the car) on people not being able to hear me. After searching through crackberry discussions, I decided to search some other forums on the Tundra. Someone there posted a way to change the outgoing call volume on the radio. It was located in the dwellings of the radio and special touches to the screen were necessary to bring up a hidden options menu. In this menu, you could change the outgoing volume of your calls. I increased mine and called my wife immediately, she said I sounded great and that she could hear me much better. I would imagine that other cars have these "backdoor" menus so you may want to check out a forum about your caron how to access it.

I also needed to auto connect my phone again since I disconnected the auto hookup when people couldn't hear me. At first, everytime I got into the car, the phone would go into this dialing mode but would be calling nobody on the screen in the car. I would have to hit cancel then my radio would come back on. I know others have had this problem. I performed a simple battery pull and 20 minutes later when the phone reset (haha) It worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

My VZW Tour sync'd with my Tundra LTD also produces a diminished volume to the reciepient. Call quality is clear but the volume level is low. I had absolutely no problems with my Pearl (in terms of bluetooth connectivity to my truck).

I have tried all of the previous "fixes" which others have had some success. I have not been able to get it to work at a normel volume. I hear the caller fine and have no other issues with connectivity.

My bluetooth headset broke about a week before I received my Tour. Since I have had the problems with the car, I have decided not to purchase a new headset until there is some type of fix that works. Why spend the money if my party can't hear me anyway?

Is there a way to just download a past bluetooth version that will work on the Tour from another style BB that seems to have no issues?

This problem decreases the safety that having an internal automobile bluetooth connection provides. You can't even use an external headset. Which means that one hand is on the phone and one on the wheel. Or as some people do - one hand on the phone and the other hand:

shifting gears
    putting on makeup
    holding the newspaper
    helping the driver eat
    holding a cigarette
    .....and the list could go on and on

How many accidents will this create? We need a fix VZW and/or BB!
    09-03-09 12:40 PM
    I found a temporary solution to my problem (at least with the car) on people not being able to hear me. After searching through crackberry discussions, I decided to search some other forums on the Tundra. Someone there posted a way to change the outgoing call volume on the radio. It was located in the dwellings of the radio and special touches to the screen were necessary to bring up a hidden options menu. In this menu, you could change the outgoing volume of your calls. I increased mine and called my wife immediately, she said I sounded great and that she could hear me much better. I would imagine that other cars have these "backdoor" menus so you may want to check out a forum about your caron how to access it.

I also needed to auto connect my phone again since I disconnected the auto hookup when people couldn't hear me. At first, everytime I got into the car, the phone would go into this dialing mode but would be calling nobody on the screen in the car. I would have to hit cancel then my radio would come back on. I know others have had this problem. I performed a simple battery pull and 20 minutes later when the phone reset (haha) It worked perfectly.

I call this a temporary solution becauses it still does not fix the real problem --THE PHONE and only works in the car, not with most bluetooth headsets.

Hope this helps.

My VZW Tour sync'd with my Tundra LTD also produces a diminished volume to the reciepient. Call quality is clear but the volume level is low. I had absolutely no problems with my Pearl (in terms of bluetooth connectivity to my truck).

I have tried all of the previous "fixes" which others have had some success. I have not been able to get it to work at a normel volume. I hear the caller fine and have no other issues with connectivity.

My bluetooth headset broke about a week before I received my Tour. Since I have had the problems with the car, I have decided not to purchase a new headset until there is some type of fix that works. Why spend the money if my party can't hear me anyway?

Is there a way to just download a past bluetooth version that will work on the Tour from another style BB that seems to have no issues?

This problem decreases the safety that having an internal automobile bluetooth connection provides. You can't even use an external headset. Which means that one hand is on the phone and one on the wheel. Or as some people do - one hand on the phone and the other hand:

shifting gears
    putting on makeup
    holding the newspaper
    helping the driver eat
    holding a cigarette
    .....and the list could go on and on

How many accidents will this create? We need a fix VZW and/or BB!
    09-03-09 12:42 PM
    I want to purchase the Tour, but reading about the outgoing call volume issues noted on this forum have dissuaded me so far.

In searching around, I found this on a Toyota forum as was curious if anyone who owns a Tour has tried it with any success.

1) Foot off brake, all doors closed, cell phone with you in the car so it can sync to bluetooth

2) Set headlight switch to off/DRL

3) Turn ignition to "on" position - do not start the car. Wait for the nav disclaimer screen to appear.

For Ltd's with Smart Key, this requires you to depress the START button twice. As noted in Step 1, keep your foot off the brakes.

4) Press and hold the "info" button, which is one of the nav buttons next to "disp."

You must push and HOLD the info button while cycling the headlights. And yes, I do remember that you might see the info screen when you're doing this, but it's the combination of holding down the info button while cycling the lights that will get you to the setup screen.

5) While holding the "info" button, click the headlight switch back and forth from AUTO to OFF/DRL three times, about one movement per second. The sequence starts with the switch in the OFF position (step 2), and goes AUTO, OFF, AUTO, OFF, AUTO, OFF.

6) If you've been a very good boy or girl, your nav screen will change to a "System Check Mode" screen. Press MENU in the upper right hand corner.

7) From the Diagnosis Menu screen, press "Bluetooth TEL Check."

8) From the Bluetooth Handsfree Check Menu, press "Handsfree Voice Quality Set."

9) Now press the up arrows at "Send Voice Level" to adjust up from zero. I'm going to try a setting of 2 - I've heard that any higher settings than this and your voice will be louder but distorted.

10) Press "Set."

11) Back out of the menus as far as you can, then turn off the car.
    09-03-09 02:59 PM
    I sync my Tour with my new Garmin 265wt Nav unit. I have a convertible and everyone I talk to tell me the sound quality is great. No problems here.
    09-03-09 04:33 PM
    This might explain the whole sound issue. It is a known issue with no resolution yet.

Reduced audio quality heard through Bluetooth enabled device when paired with the BlackBerry Tour smartphone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB19349
    Last Modified : 08-19-2009
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry� Device Software 4.7.1
    BlackBerry� Tour™ 9630 smartphone
    SDR370496
    MKS196711
    MKS168434
    MKS210877
    MKS148903
    MKS149337

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    The audio quality of a Bluetooth enabled device may be diminished while paired with a BlackBerry Tour smartphone. Audio quality issues may include:

Muffled audio/sound when paired with a Bluetooth headset
    Voice Activated Dialing incorrectly determining user input
    Outbound audio volume through a Bluetooth car kit is distorted or lower than expected

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-04-09 at 07:51 AM.
    09-03-09 04:50 PM
    This might explain the whole sound issue. It is a known issue with no resolution yet.

Reduced audio quality heard through Bluetooth enabled device when paired with the BlackBerry Tour smartphone

Anyone with some experience with Blackberry have a guess how long something like this could take to resolve? I'm trying to decide if I want to return the phone since bluetooth is an important feature that's pretty much useless on my tour today.
    09-04-09 04:21 PM
    I am having inbound audio problems with my Tour and my 2008 M5. Sound is loud at times, distorted at others with all calls (placed or received). I have had to turn the volume down in my car when connected to Bluetooth.

It is annoying, especially when every other BB I have used has great audio.
    09-04-09 08:52 PM
    Hey all,

I'm considering getting the Tour but this sound issue is a major factor for me as well.

I have the Curve 8330 now and I use the Blueant Supertooth Light (best Bluetooth I've ever used and I recommend it highly) and I have no problems with the Curve.

Anyone use the Supertooth Light with a Tour? Having the same issues?

Thanks!
    Paul
    09-06-09 09:11 AM
    I have the RIM visor mount bluetooth in my 2009 F-250 and it works fantastic! I highly recommend this Bluetooth
    09-06-09 10:21 AM
    I just picked up the Tour this weekend and the people I've called also tell me that I sound like I am whispering or am far away from my phone when I am speaking paired with my 2010 BMW 535i.
    I had no issues with the 8330 Curve, all calls in/out were crystal clear.

I wonder if RIM will address this issue quickly since I use my phone in the car the most.
    09-07-09 09:21 PM
    I just picked up the Tour this weekend and the people I've called also tell me that I sound like I am whispering or am far away from my phone when I am speaking paired with my 2010 BMW 535i.
    I had no issues with the 8330 Curve, all calls in/out were crystal clear.

I wonder if RIM will address this issue quickly since I use my phone in the car the most.
    Read post #459
    09-07-09 09:46 PM
    ALRIGHT! The Tour got some leak love this morning, PLEASE report back if you update to the .42 OS and what if any affect it has on our bluetooth issue.

THANKS!
    09-08-09 08:51 AM
    I attempted this with my BB Tour & 2007 Camery with Nav without luck. I was unable to get the Diagnosis Menu screen/button to appear. Nothing is the nav. manual. I attempted to put parking brake on, reverse the auto/off combo, and acknowledging the nav disclaimer screen as well as not doing so.

If nay one has had any luck PLEASE let me know directly!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to purchase the Tour, but reading about the outgoing call volume issues noted on this forum have dissuaded me so far.

In searching around, I found this on a Toyota forum as was curious if anyone who owns a Tour has tried it with any success.

1) Foot off brake, all doors closed, cell phone with you in the car so it can sync to bluetooth

2) Set headlight switch to off/DRL

3) Turn ignition to "on" position - do not start the car. Wait for the nav disclaimer screen to appear.

For Ltd's with Smart Key, this requires you to depress the START button twice. As noted in Step 1, keep your foot off the brakes.

4) Press and hold the "info" button, which is one of the nav buttons next to "disp."

You must push and HOLD the info button while cycling the headlights. And yes, I do remember that you might see the info screen when you're doing this, but it's the combination of holding down the info button while cycling the lights that will get you to the setup screen.

5) While holding the "info" button, click the headlight switch back and forth from AUTO to OFF/DRL three times, about one movement per second. The sequence starts with the switch in the OFF position (step 2), and goes AUTO, OFF, AUTO, OFF, AUTO, OFF.

6) If you've been a very good boy or girl, your nav screen will change to a "System Check Mode" screen. Press MENU in the upper right hand corner.

8) From the Bluetooth Handsfree Check Menu, press "Handsfree Voice Quality Set."

9) Now press the up arrows at "Send Voice Level" to adjust up from zero. I'm going to try a setting of 2 - I've heard that any higher settings than this and your voice will be louder but distorted.

10) Press "Set."

11) Back out of the menus as far as you can, then turn off the car.
    09-08-09 09:39 AM
    I haven't tried the advice you were given, but this is the way to access the hidden menus on a 2007 Camry (speaking from personal experience):

The car can be in any mode you like as long as the LCD screen is on. If the GPS confirmation screen is up, hit Agree and get past it.

Hit Display. Bars will appear at the top and bottom. The following steps involve pressing the touch screen on the left side just below the top bar and on the left side just above the bottom bar.

Press TOP-BOTTOM-TOP-BOTTOM-TOP, or until the hidden screen shows up. That's it. (The climate control will shut off, as will the radio, temporarily.) This also worked on my father's Lexus and my wife's 2008 Prius. Once you're there, follow the original instructions regarding the Bluetooth settings:

Press MENU in the upper right hand corner.

9) Now press the up arrows at "Send Voice Level" to adjust up from zero. I set it to the maximum, 5. No complaints from my callers.

10) Press "Set."

Press the Display button again, and after a moment, you'll be back at the main screen.

Look at this for the basic method (he does it from the volume screen):
    09-08-09 05:00 PM
    I am having the same issues. This is very helpful. I am going to try the above as well. Thank you!
    09-10-09 10:08 PM
    face it...the bluetooth SUCKS and RIM should get up off their asses and come up with a fix. It's ridiculous that they are having such issues with the Tour.

I cannot drive while on the phone because I cannot use my bluetooth.
    09-12-09 03:36 PM
    I have bluetooth in built in my motorcycle helmet and it worked good with my Motorola flip...but when I pair it with my Tour, people say they can't hear me.

I think it is a BB problem.
    09-12-09 04:07 PM
    Last week I upgraded to the tour. I was first having trouble with the pairing of the tour and my Altima. It would not stay paired. I removed the battery and hard-booted the system and it has been working fine since then. The 2nd problem was with the phone in bluetooth mode the volume defaulted to about half bars of volume. I could hear fine through the radio but whomever I was speaking to was having trouble. I shut the car off and called the person back. While talking I put the volume all the way up and kept my finger on the +volume while I started the car. The bluetooth then engaged in full volume mode. It has been working since. Give it a try. RonnieZ
    09-12-09 04:54 PM
    I have a Lexus 470. No one can hear me. I even turned the car in to service as it is new. I am NOT happy. Also when I turn off the blue tooth I hear an echo on my side. I also have noticed my phone gets very warm.
    RonnieZ
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 9630 (Tour)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Sep 2009

Blackberry Tour 9630 Volume Issue

Last week I upgraded to the tour. I was first having trouble with the pairing of the tour and my Altima. It would not stay paired. I removed the battery and hard-booted the system and it has been working fine since then. The 2nd problem was with the phone in bluetooth mode the volume defaulted to about half bars of volume. I could hear fine through the radio but whomever I was speaking to was having trouble. I shut the car off and called the person back. While talking I put the volume all the way up and kept my finger on the +volume while I started the car. The bluetooth then engaged in full volume mode. It has been working since. Give it a try. RonnieZ
    09-12-09 08:40 PM
    Dear Addicts:

I've used the 8330 and the Storm in my car, both phones synced well with the bluetooth and no one complained about anything...

Then Sunday I got my lovely Tour, the very next day almost everyone I spoke to over the bluetooth in the car complained they could barely hear me. I can hear them fine, but they can barely here me. So I had someone sit inside my car and I used their phone to call myself, when he spoke I could barely here him from my car. I tried landline and cells.

Does anyone think that this may be fixed in a future OS update? Because at this point, I'm not going to be able to utilize the bluetooth in the car at all.

Thanks in advance!!
    RonnieZ
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 9630 (Tour)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Sep 2009

Blackberry Tour 9630 Volume Issue

09-12-09 08:41 PM
    No worries, will PM you back now. I personally think that the outgoing volume increase from the car bluetooth did help, it has improved it say 50% which is a lot better than any other solution I've found. It's doable until an OS update fixes the issues.
    Beau-

Please email me the directions as well. There were a few other posts about getting to the hidden screen which DO NOT WORK on the Toyota Navigation.

Mike
    09-14-09 08:56 AM
    Beau-

Please email me the directions as well. There were a few other posts about getting to the hidden screen which DO NOT WORK on the Toyota Navigation.

Mike
    Nevermind...I got it to work and I adjusted the volume to 5. Let's see how it works now!
    09-14-09 03:54 PM
    Without re-reading the thread, is the issue mostly with onboard bluetooth/nav systems or does it extend to portable headsets or speakerphones?
    09-15-09 07:03 AM
    Without re-reading the thread, is the issue mostly with onboard bluetooth/nav systems or does it extend to portable headsets or speakerphones?
    The problem is with both. In my case, folks cannot hear me when I use my Plantronics bluetooth headset.
    09-15-09 10:16 AM
    Ronnie - Which volume were you keeping your finger on when starting your car? The BB or your car's volume? I have a Maxima with the same BT issue. Thanks.
    09-15-09 01:52 PM
552 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD