bottom line it is the worst phone of all time. i have never been so frustrated. the trackball is BS. So is the bluetooth. nobody can hear me. i cant scroll around the menu with the ball. i just hate the phone. advice to anyone thinking about getting it, dont.
    09-15-09 07:20 PM
    bottom line it is the worst phone of all time. i have never been so frustrated. the trackball is BS. So is the bluetooth. nobody can hear me. i cant scroll around the menu with the ball. i just hate the phone. advice to anyone thinking about getting it, dont.
    Why didn't you exchange the phone? They have fixed the trackball issue on the new ones.

The new OS is suppose to fix the bluetooth, whenever that comes out.
    09-15-09 07:53 PM
    nobody can hear me on my tour it seems with any sort of bluetooth!
    09-15-09 11:38 PM
    I did a test this morning. I have a ford escape which can be noisy, but I think I had "accurate" results....

I called my voicemail twice, once with my motorola speakerphone and once with my moto headset. On both calls I spoke with a moderate voice.

Both times, it was really hard to hear when played back. Sure, I could sort of make it out since I knew what I was saying. But for anyone actually calling me, who knows.

Not totally disheartened to the point it pisses me off, but I am looking forward to a fix......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:42 AM
    I'm selling my Jabra SP700 now that the new car has bluetooth for audio streaming and voice for the Tour. Sucks I only had it for one month!
    09-16-09 09:09 AM
    Blueant Supertooth Light user here...works great with my Curve...anyone try it with the Tour?
    09-16-09 06:59 PM
    I have tried multiple bluetooth devices....plantronics, motorola, blue ant, jaw bone. None of them work. I brought information about the documented issue on blackberry.com about bluetooth to Verizon (sent directly to customer support and provided to the store rep and store manager) and they said they had no idea about it before then.

This is what I provided:

Doc ID# KB19349

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19 349&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialog ID=160450087&stateId=1%200%20162656657

Verizon told me the workaround until the software was updated is to use a cabled headset (heck, didn't even know they made those anymore). I have been doing this for a week, much to my displeasure. It is slightly better, but I still have trouble hearing people and they are still asking me to repeat myself. If you are desperate, this is worth a try. I guess. I only did it with hopes to get to the 15th and the "expected" roll out date for the software update. Now that this is come and gone, and despite not having the bluetooth/sound fix, I still have issues with the phone overheating and just disconnecting during calls (Call lost....5 bars while sitting stationary, suddenly none and back to 5 after the call is disconnected)-never had that issue with any other phone.....my old Curve or the World phone looks like a much more viable option.
    09-17-09 10:55 AM
    Will be interesting to see if this update helps:

Leaked: OS 4.7.1.53 for the BlackBerry Tour! | CrackBerry.com
    09-17-09 11:12 AM
    Will be interesting to see if this update helps:

Leaked: OS 4.7.1.53 for the BlackBerry Tour! | CrackBerry.com
    Yes, please report back after updating if the BT issues are resolved after the update! PLEASE!
    09-17-09 11:35 AM
    Ok, I am VERY happy to report that after loading .53, my BT issues seems to be resolved. Everyone says they hear me fine now. I have a 2009 F-150 with the Ford Sync system (running the Sync 2.0 software). So far so good!!!!! WOOT!
    09-17-09 03:13 PM
    Ok, I am VERY happy to report that after loading .53, my BT issues seems to be resolved. Everyone says they hear me fine now. I have a 2009 F-150 with the Ford Sync system (running the Sync 2.0 software). So far so good!!!!! WOOT!
    Thats great news! Lets hope more people can replicate the same findings!
    09-17-09 03:24 PM
    I dunno fellow addicts, but I'm about ready to call this resolved with .53. No problems at all since I loaded it this morning!
    09-17-09 10:07 PM
    Will .53 be loaded on the Tours at the store?

09-17-09 10:32 PM
    Does aid with the Trackball at all?
    09-18-09 06:54 AM
    .53 solved my BT issue!!

Before I sounded really faint, but now I come through clear as day!
    09-18-09 08:18 AM
    Will .53 be loaded on the Tours at the store?
    Not yet. People are using the leaked OS. It's up to Verizon and Sprint on when they want to implement the new OS.

I'm sure Crackberry will announce when this version will be official.
    09-18-09 09:15 AM
    I tried the .53 update on my Tour and the manager at my Verizon store also put this update on his Tour and we tried multiple bluetooth devices with each of our phones. I didn't see any improvement in sound quality for either of our phones, it is still garbled and difficult to hear. So, this fix didn't work for me.
    09-18-09 10:04 AM
    I can also confirm that v.53 fixed my bluetooth issue, as well. The volume of voice went lower and sounded distant, and its much better now.
    09-18-09 01:52 PM
    .53 update user here.
    +1 on the bluetooth fix with mine.
    I have called 5 people.
    Every one had complained of low volume on my Jabra BT 530 and Motorola T505, both sounded great!
    I am (so far) all over .53!
    09-19-09 12:12 AM
    I just updated my OS as well and I will test the bluetooth in my car tomorrow and check back here. It's too late to call anyone right now.
    09-19-09 12:44 AM
    I have a Verizon Tour, and I used the on-board Bluetooth system in my BMW 3-series. I had the same bluetooth issue everybody else was having. However, today I upgraded to .53 and the problem is totally gone. Bluetooth is clear as day now.
    09-19-09 01:06 AM
    I will get around to testing a Jabra SP700 and a Garmin nuvi BT later. My big thing is whether it works better with my 2007 toyota camry.

09-19-09 10:51 AM
    CONFIRMED!!!!! FINALLY, I can use hands-free in my Lexus again. Works fine, I come through clear as day for sure! Too loud actually, gonna dial down the outgoing setting in the cars BT settings. Hopefully more people have the same results. Took a damn long time to get a fix!
    09-19-09 11:48 AM
    I returned a Tour a few weeks ago due to bluetooth problem. I bought another yesterday and installed the .53 OS update. I tested it on my Blueant V1 and hands-free built into Honda Odyssey. No problems with sound anymore.
    09-19-09 05:59 PM
    I got .53 from Blackberry This morning. The major issues I see fixed is the bluetooth and the OS seems to be "smoother". Not appropriate forum for anything other than BT works like a charm. And for all those going back to Globals and Curves, we shall not forget the Bluetooth Crisis of 4.3. These things happen and RIM will fix them. No excuses for the trackball though....hahha

09-19-09 07:53 PM
552 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD