Dear Addicts:

I've used the 8330 and the Storm in my car, both phones synced well with the bluetooth and no one complained about anything...

Then Sunday I got my lovely Tour, the very next day almost everyone I spoke to over the bluetooth in the car complained they could barely hear me. I can hear them fine, but they can barely here me. So I had someone sit inside my car and I used their phone to call myself, when he spoke I could barely here him from my car. I tried landline and cells.

Does anyone think that this may be fixed in a future OS update? Because at this point, I'm not going to be able to utilize the bluetooth in the car at all.

Thanks in advance!!
    Was having same problem just got new motorola pure H15. Works great, voice command works great, testing it with same people that said my other 3 bluetooths were unclear said this is much clearer. Beats even Blackberry HS-655 which would lock up voice command.
    08-18-09 10:05 PM
    Same problem with my Sprint Tour. Very frustrating.

Nothing new here to report. I really think this is going to need a OS update to resolve the problem. How do we even go about reporting something like that to Rim, VZW, etc.

Another question - is this only happening on VZW? Or is Sprint, Bell, etc having this issue.
    08-19-09 11:01 AM
    FWIW, the Toyota hack on my Prius (mentioned previously) has improved things 100%.
    08-19-09 11:02 AM
    My new Tour arrived yesterday, it paired fine with my old Jabra headset and so far my voice is louder and clearer than with my old phone. I purchased my Tour online from the Verizon web site, don't know if that makes any difference or not.
    08-19-09 11:09 AM
    Dear New Verizon Tour Users:

I just bought a new Verizon Tour. I have a 2009 Acura TL with navig. and bluetooth. The phone syncs up well with the Car's bluetooth. However, the sound quality is quite POOR. People say that I sound far away or low volume. Also, the sound quality from the car's stereo system while on a call is distorted and poor. Some calls sounds ok, but many are distored. This NEVER happened with my LG EnV Touch or with my older Palm Treo 700. Sound thorugh my bluetooth was flawless with the LG EnV. No one ever complained. My car has state of the art bluetooth, so I doubt it is an Acura issue since the other phones worked fine. I even tried a Blackberry World Edition and sound was great through the car's bluetooth.

This is the second Tour I have received from Verizon because they said the first phone was the likely problem. WRONG!!! This second phone is no better. What a HUGE disappointment.

I here from Acura that they are still testing the Tour. Their website indicated that the Blackberry Curve operates flawlessly with my car, so I probably have to downgrade to that phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's shocking that such a new seemingly state of the art phone would be such a disaster. Everyone is complaining.

Regards, FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!
    08-19-09 11:51 PM
    I have the same issue with my Tour and the BlueAnt Q1. It's an awesome piece (the Q1) but can't use it because listeners complain that I sound very low. I paid $129 for it at the sprint store. I'm on my way to return it. It's useless to me if I can't take full advantage of it's main purpose. Also it's a bit pricey...
    08-20-09 04:06 AM
    RIM posted a KB article about the audio quality problem when the Tour is paired with a bluetooth device:

View Document

Overview

The audio quality of a Bluetooth enabled device may be diminished while paired with a BlackBerry Tour smartphone. Audio quality issues may include:

* Muffled audio/sound when paired with a Bluetooth headset
    * Voice Activated Dialing incorrectly determining user input
    * Outbound audio volume through a Bluetooth car kit is distorted or lower than expected

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    08-20-09 07:19 PM
    My Tour works fine with my 5 year old Jabra visor mount Bluetooth. Voice activated dialing works fine as well.
    08-20-09 07:33 PM
    RIM posted a KB article about the audio quality problem when the Tour is paired with a bluetooth device:

View Document

Thanks for posting that article. It's encouraging at least that RIM recognizes that low outgoing volume is a problem with bluetooth devices paired with the Tour. I'm still surprised this is an issue which bypassed quality control. Seems like it's widespread enough that it should have been noticed during the testing phase.
    08-20-09 09:25 PM
    Thanks for posting that article. It's encouraging at least that RIM recognizes that low outgoing volume is a problem with bluetooth devices paired with the Tour. I'm still surprised this is an issue which bypassed quality control. Seems like it's widespread enough that it should have been noticed during the testing phase.
    x2....Still waiting on a solution before I buy one. I am ready to incinerate the pearl so the sooner this is resolved, the happier I and many more will be.....
    08-20-09 10:08 PM

View Document

Thanks for the heads up!
    08-20-09 11:23 PM
    I noticed that if the calls are initiated or accepted from hand set directly rather than Lexus has more chances of normal microphone volume. I don't know if thats just mine or some one else has also noticed this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 09:02 AM
    i have the Motorola IHF1000 installed in both of my cars and the bluetooth worked great with my old LG phone and still works great with my wifes LG. My Tour however blows, I have the same issues everyone else has with no one being able to hear me but now it stopped even accepting commands over the bluetooth mic. so now i need to actually dial from the Tour. this is a real waste of the whole bluetooth option. i spent the time to resync as the verizon rep asked me to do but obviosuly that did not work. the rep i spoke to claims there have been no reported problems, i told them to check the fourms on here. are they kidding me!
    08-21-09 09:35 AM
    Has anyone following this issue tried the 5.0 beta that's out there?
    08-22-09 01:59 AM
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this problem only with the car bluetooth or is it with the headsets also? My wife has a Jawbone and if it doesn't work well then that's a deal-breaker for us. Thanks
    08-22-09 02:54 AM
    I have the same prob on my new Tour. I intuitively turned off echo in the bluetooth menu, but it made no difference. TTY was already off. The Verizon help desk obviously knew nothing about the problem when I asked if there was a volume setting for the BT mic pickup.

I haven't made enough calls to decide if it's a lost cause, but it's at least somewhat serviceable and has had no probs with voice commands.
    08-22-09 09:32 AM
    Dear New Verizon Tour Users:

I just bought a new Verizon Tour. I have a 2009 Acura TL with navig. and bluetooth. The phone syncs up well with the Car's bluetooth. However, the sound quality is quite POOR. People say that I sound far away or low volume. Also, the sound quality from the car's stereo system while on a call is distorted and poor. Some calls sounds ok, but many are distored. This NEVER happened with my LG EnV Touch or with my older Palm Treo 700. Sound thorugh my bluetooth was flawless with the LG EnV. No one ever complained. My car has state of the art bluetooth, so I doubt it is an Acura issue since the other phones worked fine. I even tried a Blackberry World Edition and sound was great through the car's bluetooth.

This is the second Tour I have received from Verizon because they said the first phone was the likely problem. WRONG!!! This second phone is no better. What a HUGE disappointment.

I here from Acura that they are still testing the Tour. Their website indicated that the Blackberry Curve operates flawlessly with my car, so I probably have to downgrade to that phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's shocking that such a new seemingly state of the art phone would be such a disaster. Everyone is complaining.

Regards, FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!
    Don't know what to suggest, other than returning the phone again. I have the 2009 TL and have placed a number of calls to people to test whether my Tour had this problem and the consensus was that it was an improvement over my Motorola Q9C, which worked very well.
    08-22-09 09:51 AM
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this problem only with the car bluetooth or is it with the headsets also? My wife has a Jawbone and if it doesn't work well then that's a deal-breaker for us. Thanks
    The problem is with both. In my particular case, it's my Plantronics BT headset through which everyone tells me they can barely hear my voice. The same headset worked fine with my 8830 phone.
    08-23-09 11:00 AM
    View Document

Overview
    The audio quality of a Bluetooth enabled device may be diminished while paired with a BlackBerry Tour smartphone. Audio quality issues may include:

Muffled audio/sound when paired with a Bluetooth headset
    Voice Activated Dialing incorrectly determining user input
    Outbound audio volume through a Bluetooth car kit is distorted or lower than expected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    08-23-09 01:34 PM
    I also have the same problem. I have a last year model Lexus LS 430. My Blackberry world edition worked perfect with Bluetooth. Now that I got the BB Tour people can't here me. I deleted the blue tooth phone from the car side and then deleted it off my phone and re-set it all up. Now I have trouble even connecting. I try"s to connect the the car screen says calling and the connection screen never goes away and you can't make a call. Driving me nuts. Someone please help.
    08-24-09 03:36 PM
    I'm having a problem with my Sprint BB Tour and my 2009 Lexus RX350. When the phone connects to the car it immediately says Talking on the Lexus screen even though the phone isn't making a call. I must hit the hang up button on the car to get the radio to come back on. I have to do this every time I start up the car.

The audio quality is fine when making calls through the car's audio system. Another weird thing though is the car system will only handle the call if it is initiated through the Car's speed dial system or if someone calls and I pick it up with the car's answer button. If I dial a number from the phone, I can't hear anything through the car and must hit transfer to phone (from the phone).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    08-24-09 05:43 PM
    My VZW Tour sync'd with my Tundra LTD also produces a diminished volume to the reciepient. Call quality is clear but the volume level is low. I had absolutely no problems with my Pearl (in terms of bluetooth connectivity to my truck).

I have tried all of the previous "fixes" which others have had some success. I have not been able to get it to work at a normel volume. I hear the caller fine and have no other issues with connectivity.

My bluetooth headset broke about a week before I received my Tour. Since I have had the problems with the car, I have decided not to purchase a new headset until there is some type of fix that works. Why spend the money if my party can't hear me anyway?

Is there a way to just download a past bluetooth version that will work on the Tour from another style BB that seems to have no issues?

This problem decreases the safety that having an internal automobile bluetooth connection provides. You can't even use an external headset. Which means that one hand is on the phone and one on the wheel. Or as some people do - one hand on the phone and the other hand:

shifting gears
    putting on makeup
    holding the newspaper
    helping the driver eat
    holding a cigarette
    .....and the list could go on and on

How many accidents will this create? We need a fix VZW and/or BB!
    08-25-09 08:50 AM
    View Document

Overview

Muffled audio/sound when paired with a Bluetooth headset
    Voice Activated Dialing incorrectly determining user input
    Outbound audio volume through a Bluetooth car kit is distorted or lower than expected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution

There - its aknowledged as a problem and this thread should be closed till it there's a resolution listed.
    08-25-09 09:48 AM
    Just upgraded from an 8830 to the blackberry tour. The bluetooth handsfree link in my 2006 acura TL no longer functions correctly. People complain that I sound far away and distorted. Verizon is no help. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? Otherwise, the phone is getting returned.
    08-25-09 11:40 AM
    Count me in as another that is experiencing this issue. Sprint version of the Tour....
    08-25-09 01:09 PM
552 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD