Sorry, just want to confirm that ppl can now hear you well and no longer complain that you sound distant? Just want to make sure. I installed the v4 hybrid last night and my phone was so choppy and seemed to be 'busy' doing who knows what for a while. Reverted back but I'll do the hybrid if you advise.
    Obviously your mileage may vary, but callers are very happy with the results from this upgrade. Yes, I can use BT as I did previously with my Katana LX.
    08-02-09 09:25 PM
    Learn how to use full words and maybe your phone will work.
    08-02-09 10:12 PM
    LOL... Gotta love it. Have had my Tour for less than one day and now I'm going to hafta go beta on it.

BTW for all those keeping count:
    I'm on Sprint and the bluetooth issue is happening on a Plantronics Voyager 510 and a TrueBlue TB-20EL headset.
    I've also got the Voyager 510 and have the problem (on Verizon). People can't hear me, but I can hear them. However I also have a Motorola HS850 headset that works perfectly without any changes to the options. I just paired it and started using it. I don't like the Motorola as much because it doesn't fit in your ear, and harder to hear when there is external noise, but others hear me perfect on the other end. I'm not sure what the difference might be. Someone before mentioned BT headsets and cars with dual mics that are meant to reduce echo, but I'm not sure.

So I guess I'll use the Motorola until the next upgrade fixes the problem.
    08-03-09 09:25 AM
    So what's the answer here folks? I just went to the Toyota website: Toyota Bluetooth Phone and noticed that the BB Tour is not listed as a cellphone/PDA that's compatilble.

I know it the Tour links to the bluetooth but my transmission is being reported as sounding "too far away". I left a message with Customer Service with my info. They should be getting back to me within 24 hours.

Anyone with a Toyota or Lexus recieve a solution?
    08-03-09 11:10 AM
    Yeah, the single-mic Motorola's seem to work just fine. On another note, I have confirmed that the issue does not exist on Jawbone II and Jawbone Prime headsets. Can hear and be heard loud and clear.
    08-03-09 11:15 AM
    I had my Tour replaced and the issue remains. I did call Verizon and they took all my information with car make model etc and said they would report it to RIM and get back to me. I suggest everyone here does the same since the support person I spoke to found nothing about this in his searches. Hopefully, enough people are actually contacting VZW and not just complaining about it here.

OT, the screen on the first one is considerably brighter than the replacement (both are set at 100%) so I may keep the original. I was surprised to see that.
    08-03-09 02:06 PM
    Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but my Tour works just fine with the bluetooth in my Toyota Rav4 (2008). I used it to change my voicemail greeting and it played back without a problem. Three test phone calls later and I'm convinced I don't have any issues... and I'm on Verizon, running OS 4.7.1.40.
    08-03-09 06:20 PM
    In my 2010 Fusion, my iphone sounds fine on SYNC to others..however, while changing to my Tour, they are saying they can barely hear me....

David
    08-03-09 09:25 PM
    In my 2010 Fusion, my iphone sounds fine on SYNC to others..however, while changing to my Tour, they are saying they can barely hear me....

David
    I have a 2010 fusion sel and after going to the hybrid I have no bt issues with sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 10:20 PM
    Im not using the hybrid OS..just the Sprint one that came with it..wife said she cant hear me..but she did fine when I was using the iphone... hope they fix it soon

d
    08-03-09 10:33 PM
    I suggest everyone here does the same since the support person I spoke to found nothing about this in his searches. Hopefully, enough people are actually contacting VZW and not just complaining about it here.
    Everyone who calls Verizon complaining about this is told exactly the same thing, that they have nothing on file related to the BT problem that you are describing. I find that odd that so many can call Verizon to report the problem, and every one of them can be told that they are filing a full report of the problem with RIM, then the next person that calls is told exactly the same thing. How is that possible? On my planet, once the first person reports a problem, and that problem is recorded in the trouble database, subsequent people calling to report the same are not allowed to be told the same thing. So what planet do you suppose Verizon is on, where the laws of common sense do not apply?

I ordered a charging cradle the other day, in hopes of being able to order another Tour some day, when this problem gets fixed. I sure hope I get to use the cradle some day...
    08-03-09 11:57 PM
    Yeah, the single-mic Motorola's seem to work just fine. On another note, I have confirmed that the issue does not exist on Jawbone II and Jawbone Prime headsets. Can hear and be heard loud and clear.
    Not true... Both of my Tours had the famous BT problem. Verizon recommended the Jawbone Prime to me, which I purchased and tested. I found that the Jawbone made absolutely no difference in the volume level. I returned the Jawbone, just before returning the Tour.
    08-03-09 11:59 PM

So I guess I'll use the Motorola until the next upgrade fixes the problem.
    Until Verizon starts admitting that there is a problem, nobody is going to fix anything. You are all still assuming that this BT problem is going to be fixable with software. If this end up being a hardware problem, everyone who is still sitting with a Tour in their hot little hands is going to be screwed.
    08-04-09 12:02 AM
    My post wasn't referring to anyone or you in specific. Rather, it is based on an observation from what I have seen people post in the forum. Even further, the post was an opinion response to a question asked prior to the post. Commenting on a single sentence sort of negates the point of my post.
    If commenting on a single sentence in your post truly negates the entire point of your post, then maybe that says something about your post???
    08-04-09 12:08 AM
    I have a Lexus 470. No one can hear me. I even turned the car in to service as it is new. I am NOT happy. Also when I turn off the blue tooth I hear an echo on my side. I also have noticed my phone gets very warm.
    08-04-09 12:19 AM
    Until Verizon starts admitting that there is a problem, nobody is going to fix anything. You are all still assuming that this BT problem is going to be fixable with software. If this end up being a hardware problem, everyone who is still sitting with a Tour in their hot little hands is going to be screwed.
    I'm really against most lawsuits, but if it turns out to be a Hardware problem and they don't fix/replace mine, then I'll gladly get involved in a Class Action. Assuming a case could be made against them...
    08-04-09 12:38 AM
    So I am assuming by everyone's post that there is no work around this yet? I tried using my Plantronics 9xx series set and I can barely be heard by the other person on the other side.
    08-04-09 03:11 AM
    Everyone who calls Verizon complaining about this is told exactly the same thing, that they have nothing on file related to the BT problem that you are describing. I find that odd that so many can call Verizon to report the problem, and every one of them can be told that they are filing a full report of the problem with RIM, then the next person that calls is told exactly the same thing. How is that possible? On my planet, once the first person reports a problem, and that problem is recorded in the trouble database, subsequent people calling to report the same are not allowed to be told the same thing. So what planet do you suppose Verizon is on, where the laws of common sense do not apply?
    When I spoke the VZW tech support they told me they could not open an internal ticket because it would be rejected because my car is not Verizon equipment. They did tell me that they could have a supervisor report it to RIM and get back to me. They also said that the more reports of this that they receive and report to RIM, the more likely that it will get attention and be addressed promptly which only makes sense regardless.
    08-04-09 08:58 AM
    Not true... Both of my Tours had the famous BT problem. Verizon recommended the Jawbone Prime to me, which I purchased and tested. I found that the Jawbone made absolutely no difference in the volume level. I returned the Jawbone, just before returning the Tour.
    Sigh... You again... Well, it works for both of my Tours just fine.
    08-04-09 10:27 AM
    If it is a hardware problem and that is determined, then the phone would be considered defective. If that is the case, people could return their Tour's for replacement without any issues. Rather, if it is a hardware problem but that is never admitted, then we would be screwed (past the 30-day point).
    08-04-09 10:29 AM
    If commenting on a single sentence in your post truly negates the entire point of your post, then maybe that says something about your post???
    No, what it says is that you enjoy picking apart what people say when the post wasn't even written to you, for you, or about you. It was my opinion on why I own my Tour. You decided to return your Tour. That's your right. But sitting here in this forum blabbering about why we should all "rise up and return our Tour's" isn't going to do anything. Why? Because the vast majority of Tour owners probably do not read this forum, let alone this thread. Your cause is noteworthy; this forum is the wrong medium. What you propose would definitely work... but only if it is communicated using a medium that a significantly large number of Tour users would be influenced by. A forum is usually not one of them.
    08-04-09 10:35 AM
    Before I get to the exact quotes, an earlier post of yours said that "... people can hear you loud and clear."

This is *very* subjective. You are making a dangerous generalization; even if you don't know it. My mother and wife "hear me perfectly fine" (or great, even). They both have "great" hearing.

Yet friends, colleagues, and others know immediately that I'm "on a Bluetooth headset," something that they *never* even asked when I called from my Motorola RAZR MAXX ve (using the same headset). I hear them perfectly fine - not *as* subjective - since many others agree that "they sound great" when using one of 5 headsets or 6 different automobiles.

Your cause is noteworthy; this forum is the wrong medium. What you propose would definitely work... but only if it is communicated using a medium that a significantly large number of Tour users would be influenced by.
    Actually a bunch of us read this forum. We've complained to Verizon. My first 10 calls went nowhere. My four store visits went nowhere. Until I had a 300lb woman try to "educate" me on Bluetooth. I "educated" her that I wrote part of the 2.4Ghz DSSS specification for Lucent way back when they manufacturered wireless devices (before they were acquired by Alcatel).

We're powerless too. Can you recommend a "forum" as you stated? RIM ignores consumers (perfect model - I'll remember to do this when I start a company).
    08-04-09 07:11 PM
    I've been down a similar path, at the end of which I returned my Tour. Verizon is not going to do anything about any of this and we should all know it...the main reason is because most of us will stick with them simply because of the good network...period. If AT&T had a signal anywhere other than underneath their too few towers I'd go to them in a heartbeat, but I have to be able to talk to people on my phone, so as nice as the iPhone is...it's out of the question while on AT&T.
    08-04-09 07:22 PM
    Before I get to the exact quotes, an earlier post of yours said that "... people can hear you loud and clear."

This is *very* subjective. You are making a dangerous generalization; even if you don't know it. My mother and wife "hear me perfectly fine" (or great, even). They both have "great" hearing.

Yet friends, colleagues, and others know immediately that I'm "on a Bluetooth headset," something that they *never* even asked when I called from my Motorola RAZR MAXX ve (using the same headset). I hear them perfectly fine - not *as* subjective - since many others agree that "they sound great" when using one of 5 headsets or 6 different automobiles.
    I think you are misunderstanding my post. I never said that people can hear me loud and clear. What I said was that when I used a Jawbone Prime and a Jawbone II, the people that I spoke to could hear me loud and clear. By people, I was referring to the 350 clients and customers that I had spoken to. With each of them, I asked them how I sounded and if they could hear me clearly. All of them confirmed that they could hear me without any problems. This is a drastic change from before in which no one that I had spoken to could hear me without me either yelling or switching to the handset.

What I am not saying here is that there isn't a problem with the bluetooth because their obviously is one (if you read back through my posts, you will see me say this over and over again). What I am saying is that the problem does not appear to rear it's ugly head with certain bluetooth devices. Likewise, today, I purchased a Voyager Pro (the Jawbone's belonged to a friend). With the Voyager Pro, the 200 people that I called today stated that they could also hear me very loud and clear. About 20 people told me that they had to turn the volume down on their phones as I was too loud. Now, keep in mind that I'm testing this on a stock Verizon Tour and not my Tour that is running the hybrid OS. The one with the hybrid OS does not have any bluetooth issues that have been reported to me (i.e. no one has complained about not being able to hear me on any of my headsets as before, they were).

So, the point of the post was to inform people that there does appear to be headsets that work without the issue and to offer up the ones that I have used that did not exhibit the issue (as before, I mentioned that both my Motorola H695, H690, and H680, all of which are dual-mic headsets, all seem to have the issue. My LG single-mic headset does not have the issue).

Actually a bunch of us read this forum. We've complained to Verizon. My first 10 calls went nowhere. My four store visits went nowhere. Until I had a 300lb woman try to "educate" me on Bluetooth. I "educated" her that I wrote part of the 2.4Ghz DSSS specification for Lucent way back when they manufacturered wireless devices (before they were acquired by Alcatel).

We're powerless too. Can you recommend a "forum" as you stated? RIM ignores consumers (perfect model - I'll remember to do this when I start a company).
    Sure, there are bunch of us who read this forum. However, the number isn't significant enough to where we could potentially raise enough noise to Verizon or RIM such that someone would take notice. I do not know of any forum that has the magnitude such that when someone posts that we need to take our phones back, enough of us will. That's what I meant by he had a great idea, but his execution would likely not get enough people to do it. If I knew of a forum that could do that, I would have posted already (along with a bunch of other stuff that I had issues with when I primarily used the Blackberry Bold).
    08-04-09 11:20 PM
    I've been down a similar path, at the end of which I returned my Tour. Verizon is not going to do anything about any of this and we should all know it...the main reason is because most of us will stick with them simply because of the good network...period. If AT&T had a signal anywhere other than underneath their too few towers I'd go to them in a heartbeat, but I have to be able to talk to people on my phone, so as nice as the iPhone is...it's out of the question while on AT&T.
    AT&T's network is what drove me away from AT&T. The phones were great (I had a couple of iPhones and a Bold), but the service was terrible. Constant dropped calls, network congestion errors, call failures, you name it. Bad thing was I had them from day one with AT&T. Haven't had a single issue with Verizon's network.
    08-04-09 11:23 PM
552 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD