Thanks for all posting about this. I thought I was going crazy. Just exchanged my first Tour for a new one due to this issue (most callers can't hear me when on any blue tooth headset). On OS v4.7.1.40, have tried the 3 settings in these posts (TTY, Audio & Echo Control) and it (might have made a difference, but still get reports of LOW volume. Would try the Hybrid, but have NO clue how to install it, and the update exe on the guy's site says Invalid Data when I run it. Verizon says it's a "BlueTooth / Headset compatibility issue" and they can't issue a trouble ticket. Tried Samsung WEP200, Plantronic 925 and Plantronic Voyager Pro. All sounded clear and loud to callers on my old BB 8630, and my wife's Curve, and a friend's Storm. All have low volume for callers on both my first Tour, and today's replacement. Really like the Tour otherwise.
    07-31-09 08:23 PM
    Verizon says it's a "BlueTooth / Headset compatibility issue" and they can't issue a trouble ticket.
    It's definitely not that, but I would expect nothing less out of VZW than to blame anything other than the phone itself. I wish I were a mouse in their corporate email...I'll bet they've all been told to never admit to any problems with the Tour...or any device for that matter.
    07-31-09 08:35 PM
    I had the same problem with my Tour. Previously, I had a Curve and never had any problems with the BT, but with my Tour (that I got last week), people could berely hear me.
    My solution... We'll today I replaced it with another and my problem was fixed!!! Maybe some tours do come with that problem from the factory.
    07-31-09 09:34 PM
    Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the hybrid OS (see hybrid thread). It fixed my car synch probs. It did not correct my distant audio on my Jabra headset that Verizon packaged with my phone. Hopefully a new OS will address this. My Tour runs a little smoother now.
    07-31-09 09:57 PM
    I went from the Curve to Tour, and thier is a very noticable difference in call quality using Plantornics BT 320. Its not terrible, but it is tinny sounding (played with nearly all settings listed in this thread) I called my voice mail from the store, (using thier floor models) and left messages for myself using my same BT headset and you can defiently hear a difference. Cuve, loud and clear, tour quiter, less human sounding. Again, it is not terrible, as long as both ende of the conversation have a clear connection, no noise and good english, however, if any of these varables are not 100%, than the "What? What?" starts.

Verizon has been good about swaping Tours (thouhg they say they havent heard this problem in North NJ and I beleive that salesman / tech) and though my 3rd Tour does sound better than the 1st adn the 2nd, it is still well below Curve. And to add insult to injury, I drop calls now on the road into my developement now and never with the curve.

I read that 2 people had good results from a complete wipe but I am not very technical.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-31-09 09:59 PM
    I have a 2009 S 63 . When I had an 8830 it worked perfectly. Now that I�ve upgraded to 9630 Tour, it pairs but the Tour connects to UHI-SN1085 and not the MB Phone system like before. It sees the BB a smart phone and you can transfer the phonebook but no phone ! I tried disabling the encryption and everything else I could think of, nothing! No phone. Any ideas? Obviously Verizon or Mercedes keep on pointing fingers at each other ! Send the phone back ?
    07-31-09 10:08 PM
    I have an 06 Lexus GS with the built in Bluetooth. People can hear me fine but they come through very muffled. I tried the storm and it was the most muffled, the tour is "doable" but nothing like the quality of what I got with the BB Pearl.
    08-01-09 12:35 AM
    I don/t know if anyone else has mentioned it but the latest Tour hybrid (Beta/Hybrid OS section) fixes the muffled bluetooth problem. Both ends of the call sound crystal clear now. Its apparently an OS issue since the Tour hybrid uses over 100 5.0 files.
    08-01-09 01:32 AM
    Can anyone confirm this?!?! That would be great!

I don/t know if anyone else has mentioned it but the latest Tour hybrid (Beta/Hybrid OS section) fixes the muffled bluetooth problem. Both ends of the call sound crystal clear now. Its apparently an OS issue since the Tour hybrid uses over 100 5.0 files.
    08-01-09 01:58 PM
    Why not just do it? You can always flash back if you don't like it and it fixes a lot of issues like lag, memory leaks, boot time, etc.

All I know is that it works better with my SYNC system now than it used to.

08-01-09 02:53 PM
    im about 7 days away from purchasing my first blackberry, and getting the tour...... but now im nervous.... is it worth it?
    Don't be nervous, just be patient. I have had Blackberries since before they were even phones, when you have to buy them directly from RIM. I could never live without one any more. However, I live in CA and, therefore, I am a BT user and, as such, I plan to wait for a BT fix before re-buying the Tour. But be assured, my next phone will be another Blackberry, hopefully the Tour.
    08-01-09 04:59 PM
    So, I wasn't expecting the Tour to be a perfect phone. The problem that I see, however, is that many people do in fact expect the phones to be bug free.
    I wasn't expecting the Tour to be perfect or bug free. That naive I am not, not in the world that we live it. What I was expecting though, was for the obvious stuff to be working, like basic voice functions. After all, it is a telephone, no? How can they have team of testers turn out a device that so poorly interacts with the most basic of functions and peripherals? That's what irritates me the most, not that its not perfect. I gave up expecting perfection years ago. It used to bother me when I used to bring something home that I had just purchased with a chip in the paint. Today I am happy when it doesn't have too big of a dent in it. Seriously! I think they could have done a heck of a better job, and the fact that they refuse to own up to their failure is what's really sad.
    08-01-09 05:09 PM
    I wasn't expecting the Tour to be perfect or bug free. That naive I am not, not in the world that we live it. What I was expecting though, was for the obvious stuff to be working, like basic voice functions. After all, it is a telephone, no? How can they have team of testers turn out a device that so poorly interacts with the most basic of functions and peripherals? That's what irritates me the most, not that its not perfect. I gave up expecting perfection years ago. It used to bother me when I used to bring something home that I had just purchased with a chip in the paint. Today I am happy when it doesn't have too big of a dent in it. Seriously! I think they could have done a heck of a better job, and the fact that they refuse to own up to their failure is what's really sad.
    My post wasn't referring to anyone or you in specific. Rather, it is based on an observation from what I have seen people post in the forum. Even further, the post was an opinion response to a question asked prior to the post. Commenting on a single sentence sort of negates the point of my post.

08-01-09 05:51 PM
    I may give it another try. Last hybrid I flashed to wouldnt let me download my phonebook to Sync. :-) I may try to this newer one over the weekend!

Thanks!

Why not just do it? You can always flash back if you don't like it and it fixes a lot of issues like lag, memory leaks, boot time, etc.

All I know is that it works better with my SYNC system now than it used to.

08-01-09 06:59 PM
    Just don't delete the pairing... your phonebook stays intact.
    08-01-09 08:09 PM
    So where would one find this Hybrid/Beta OS?
    08-01-09 09:26 PM
    So where would one find this Hybrid/Beta OS?
    In the OS discussion... go to the main BlackBerry Forums link and scroll down til you see it. Its near the bottom. It will say Beta OS/Hybrid I believe
    08-01-09 10:36 PM
    iii got my fone on the 29th of june & i had the curve b4 & i loved being able 2 plug it into my car && now i cant do that w, my tour cuz it dont work AT ALL !

smh
    08-02-09 09:39 AM
    iii got my fone on the 29th of june & i had the curve b4 & i loved being able 2 plug it into my car && now i cant do that w, my tour cuz it dont work AT ALL !

smh
    Learn how to use full words and maybe your phone will work.
    08-02-09 02:46 PM
    I am having same proble with blue tooth with my new tour and my acura.
    My old 8830 was no problem in same car. Need help
    08-02-09 04:02 PM
    I am having same proble with blue tooth with my new tour and my acura.
    My old 8830 was no problem in same car. Need help
    Which Acura do you have?
    08-02-09 04:39 PM
    Can anyone confirm IF the hybrid OS does in fact fix the BT issue(s)?
    08-02-09 04:48 PM
    Can anyone confirm IF the hybrid OS does in fact fix the BT issue(s)?
    Yes, it entirely fixed the problem for me. Much snappier response and BT works perfectly on my Xlink Gateway, 2007 RR Sport and Plantronics headset.

That being said, MMS is dead in this version for me (I've heard other, similar reports).
    08-02-09 05:13 PM
    Yes, it entirely fixed the problem for me. Much snappier response and BT works perfectly on my Xlink Gateway, 2007 RR Sport and Plantronics headset.

That being said, MMS is dead in this version for me (I've heard other, similar reports).
    Sorry, just want to confirm that ppl can now hear you well and no longer complain that you sound distant? Just want to make sure. I installed the v4 hybrid last night and my phone was so choppy and seemed to be 'busy' doing who knows what for a while. Reverted back but I'll do the hybrid if you advise.

Thanks!`
    08-02-09 06:17 PM
    i am on v4. bt is much better for callers on the other end. it's problem solved for me. i use my factory installed bt in my camry hybrid.
    08-02-09 09:15 PM
552 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD