@ItsHip2BSquare37:

It's under the BBMenu Options when you're in the BT setup area, but don't bother. Hundreds before you have tried and it does nothing. This is actually one of the least problematic things about the Tour with regard to potential fixes. RIM knows about this and surely it will be fixed in the next OS update. Do like the rest of us and hang in there! Actually, the phone laying on the seat beside me works better in speakerphone than through my hands-free system!
    07-20-09 06:24 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say experiencing problems with BT in my 08 Toyota Sequoia. Hope they fix it with the next update.
    07-20-09 06:27 PM
    Curious if CX or Kevin might be able to make sure someone at RIM or Verizon, Sprint, etc knows about this issue or provide any insight to us?
    07-20-09 06:28 PM
    Well, I spent 1 hour on the phone with a senior tech at Verizon tonight. They are now "aware" of the issue and recognize that there is a problem based on the number of complaints posted to Crackberry and RIM's forums. I pointed them to the two forum links.

They asked that I send in a synopsis via email with the various bluetooths, car bluetooths, and tour combination's I have tried, as well as the store's response of telling me that the tour needs a software patch.

The tech claims that BB/Verizon are working on the next software release now to address these issues and that they will look into it and add this to the pile.
    07-20-09 08:16 PM
    Finally got my Tour this morning from Sprint, but was a bit concerned after reading that so many were having problems with their car's blue tooth. Fortunately, everything seems to work fine on my '09 Bimmer. The Tour paired up quickly and seemlessly with the Bimmer. I placed a test call from my driveway to my son who confirmed that he could hear me clearly, without me needing to raise my voice, even when I turned my head toward the driver's door while speaking. I even sat in the back seat while speaking in normal tone with the same positive results.

Hope everyone else gets their issues resolved soon! (I feel your pain . . .)
    07-20-09 09:31 PM
    Well, I spent 1 hour on the phone with a senior tech at Verizon tonight. They are now "aware" of the issue and recognize that there is a problem based on the number of complaints posted to Crackberry and RIM's forums. I pointed them to the two forum links.

They asked that I send in a synopsis via email with the various bluetooths, car bluetooths, and tour combination's I have tried, as well as the store's response of telling me that the tour needs a software patch.

The tech claims that BB/Verizon are working on the next software release now to address these issues and that they will look into it and add this to the pile.
    Thats great news, thanks for your time spent with Tech Support. Please please keep us posted of any news.
    07-20-09 10:04 PM
    One good way to test your Tour's BT quality is to switch to speakerphone and back to BT while leaving a message to yourself or talking to someone. You'll notice how much crappier BT sounds vs the built-in mic in the same message. You just press the speaker/$ button while on BT. It bypasses BT immediately and uses the built-in mic.

@clasicsl: don't rely on your son. Leave yourself a voicemail from your Tour and some other phone (your wife's?) and compare the two. You may change your tune (hope not!), or use the method above.
    07-20-09 11:02 PM
    Thanks classj for doing that!

If you want to add to your list of what you have tried, you are welcome to use my info also. I've tried this on a 2009 Ford F150 running the Sync 2.0 software as well as a 2008 Ford Focus running Sync 1.3 Both of the cars have the issue that we are all talking about here. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. I'm glad that VZW is at least aware of this now! Power to the Crackberry users!!!

07-20-09 11:12 PM

@clasicsl: don't rely on your son. Leave yourself a voicemail from your Tour and some other phone (your wife's?) and compare the two. You may change your tune (hope not!), or use the method above.
    LOL. My son is pretty reliable (at one point I even talked in a low voice and he was able to make out that I was telling him to take out the trash) but I hear what you're saying. I'll leave myself a work VM from home and then again using BT on my drive into work in the morning and compare the quality when I get to the office.
    07-21-09 12:26 AM
    OK, I called my office and left myself a long VM using BT from my '09 Bimmer on my way into work this morning. I then called back to listen to the message while in my car and also listened to it again once I arrived at the office. Happy to say that it sounded fine. No issues at all.

(I am having some issues syncing to Outlook with BT. Trying to now uninstall then reenstall the desktop manager software but its taking forever. But, of course, that's off topic here.)
    07-21-09 10:23 AM
    OK, just curious. All those WITH BT issues, were our phones built in Canada or Mexico? Please specify which carrier you're on also. Thanks!

Mexico 5 here on VZW (under the battery is where u can find this)
    07-21-09 11:14 AM
    Canada 1 on VZW
    07-21-09 11:17 AM
    Here to report my Sprint Tour BT works just fine on my after market Kenwood stereo installed in my '04 X3. I received my phone yesterday and was really concerned after seeing all of the issues w/BT documented here. But so far, knock on wood, so good. In fact, folks are telling me they hear me better than my old 8830. Go figure...
    07-21-09 01:35 PM
    Canada 1 on VZW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 01:57 PM
    I'm experiencing the muffled audio also.

Mexico 5 on VZW
    07-21-09 02:33 PM
    they can hear me but often times they say "what did you say?" and its often times difficult to hear them as its all muffled. 2008 Infiniti here. my 8830 worked perfectly.
    07-21-09 06:34 PM
    Intermittant BT issues with Motorola H710. Some days bad, some days good. Turned off echo control and TTY was already off. I hope a fix is coming soon, now I'm off to post in the poor battery life thread.
    07-21-09 07:21 PM
    Any speculation as to when VZW and/or BB will have a solution to the BT issue on the Tour? I connected a 3 year old RAZR to my Microsoft SYNC BT, made a call and the recepient said the sound was perfect ..... and she was inside a shopping mall. Ain't it a shame that people can't hear squat on the 9630?

I like the phone but need the BT for handsfree in my car. If there is not a fix before my 30 day grace period at VZW for a return is up .......... bye, bye. I had no problems with the 8830WE but admit it is not in the same class as the Tour. I guess that sometimes one has to settle just for what works.
    07-21-09 07:44 PM
    Have had it paired to the handsfree system in our '07 Infiniti FX35 and '05 Acura TL for almost a week now. Sound quality is fine in both. No complaints from anyone about the volume yet. Have used the BT mainly in the Acura.
    07-21-09 08:20 PM
    Have had it paired to the handsfree system in our '07 Infiniti FX35 and '05 Acura TL for almost a week now. Sound quality is fine in both. No complaints from anyone about the volume yet. Have used the BT mainly in the Acura.
    This one is Mexico 5. No complaints from my spouse and if anyone was going to complain it'd be him
    07-21-09 08:24 PM
    This one is Mexico 5. No complaints from my spouse and if anyone was going to complain it'd be him
    Mine is Canada 5 and no one has been able to hear me to date.
    07-21-09 09:16 PM
    As posted in another thread, is this type of Bluetooth issue a HARDWARE (chipset) or SOFTWARE (OS/firmware) issue?

And/or can RIM update the BT-specific firmware (i.e. similar to updating firmware on other devices) ?
    07-21-09 09:50 PM
    I hope, for all of us, that is a OS/Firmware issue!
    07-21-09 11:48 PM
    Same problem here. Have a 2008 Toyota Tundra with stock BT. People can barely hear me and others sounded muffled to me. Added sony BT headset, and now none of the BT connection work at all. Never had a problem with BB 8330 verizon curve and bluetooth. RIM pulled a serious amateur job with this phone.
    07-22-09 01:37 AM
    have 08 mitsu lancer and had issues with curve-would be deleted from list and never saved. i got the new tour and it has the same issue. maybe a BB compatibility issue with my car.
    07-22-09 11:43 AM
552 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD