Anyone know the version of the OS that Sprint users are running? Is it available for download from Sprint? Wondering if I should try to put it on my VZW Tour.
    Should be the same as Verizon - 4.7.1.40
    07-16-09 07:42 PM
    I know this won't solve anyones issues but i have no problems with my tour and my lexus is 350 2006
    07-16-09 09:22 PM
    It paired easily with both our '05 Acura TL and '07 Infiniti FX35. No complaints so far but have only had the phone since Tuesday Verizon. The BB had to be put in search mode (as opposed to listen) to pair with both cars.
    07-16-09 09:44 PM
    Wondering now if I should just try to exchange the phone with VZW.
    07-16-09 09:51 PM
    My phone is having the issue as well. I can hear everyone else loud and clear, but my listeners complain that it sounds like I'm whispering.

I've got a Verizon Tour, and am using an Etymotic EtyBLU - which with my old Voyager was crystal clear and sounded like I was standing next to the person.
    07-16-09 09:52 PM
    I did pair the phone with my other car tonight and the problem was still there. So, I'm still going with this is some kind of OS issue. Maybe I'll try a wipe, and then reinstall the OS. Anyone having this problem try that yet?

And it seems this isnt only with built in car BT, based on haggisman's post.
    07-16-09 10:41 PM
    I am having the same problem. My BT is a Plantronics Voyager 510 that has always worked great. On the tour no one can hear me!!!!! I have been screaming at people over the phone all day in the car just to make basic conversation.

I had the issue with not being able to take/end calls from the bt button on the headset. That required a setting change to fix, but I am lost on the volume issue.

I tried my friends newer Plantronics 510 (Mine is 1.5-2 years old and a slightly older model) and his worked better and was louder. Although not by much.

I ordered a new bluetooth tonight before seeing this thread. I guess it does not hurt having a spare.

I have not tried hooking it up to the uconnect in my Jeep yet.
    07-16-09 10:50 PM
    My Sprint Tour works flawlessly with my Pioneer D3. Didn't do anything special.
    07-16-09 11:42 PM
    I've got a guess. Try deleting formerly paired cellphones and pair the Tour only. Maybe the Tour's characteristics are different from the Curve, etc, and if they are shared the Tour takes it in the shorts for volume settings.
    07-17-09 12:19 AM
    I am having similar problems that with my 3 series as well. Pairing is fine. Numerous people have told me over the last three days that my voice is cutting in and out. There is no problem with the sound level, but that my words keep getting cut off. I had no problems with my 8330.

Edit:

TTY option is off.
    Last edited by maxmil2224; 07-17-09 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention tty
    07-17-09 12:46 AM
    I have the Sprint Tour and a 2009 Toyota Rav4, I have had one person who noted I was on a speakerphone (with my curve no one could ever tell) but no complaints that anyone could not hear me.

Looks like a VZW only issue.
    07-17-09 07:49 AM
    I have the Sprint Tour and a 2009 Toyota Rav4, I have had one person who noted I was on a speakerphone (with my curve no one could ever tell) but no complaints that anyone could not hear me.

Looks like a VZW only issue.

I was having the same problem with people saying I seemed far away when I was on Bluetooth in my Lexus ES350. Try taking echo control OFF. That worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 08:01 AM
    mine works great on my pioneer premier 9800bt but my dads Cadillac sts has the issue...
    07-17-09 09:10 AM
    Yeah, I did that already with my systems and it didnt change anything.

I've got a guess. Try deleting formerly paired cellphones and pair the Tour only. Maybe the Tour's characteristics are different from the Curve, etc, and if they are shared the Tour takes it in the shorts for volume settings.
    07-17-09 09:13 AM
    Ok, to summarize what we know so far:

This problem seems to happen on all carriers.

Some people have no problems, others have the problem

Problem isnt just related to built in BT....BT headsets have the issue also.

TTY setting to off has worked for a few people, but not most people.

What else.....maybe we should start compiling a list of what does work with it and what does not.
    07-17-09 09:19 AM
    I must be slow, but I can't located the TTY under options

Edit: Nvmd, its under phone options, oops. I'll try that today, see if that helps.
    Can't find Phone Options. Have the problem with people saying they can not hear me on the Tour when using Bluetooth. Please be more explicit. Thanks.
    07-17-09 09:46 AM
    Ok, to summarize what we know so far:

This problem seems to happen on all carriers.

Some people have no problems, others have the problem

Problem isnt just related to built in BT....BT headsets have the issue also.

TTY setting to off has worked for a few people, but not most people.

What else.....maybe we should start compiling a list of what does work with it and what does not.
    Turning off echo control worked for me.

07-17-09 09:48 AM
    Mine works fine with my Moto S9 headset, and my car. Both are loud and clear on the other end. VZW here as well.
    07-17-09 10:04 AM
    does anyone h ave a nissan? i have a 08 nissan armada LE and im trying to transfer my contacts. they wont transfer. the curve transferred just fine but im getting an error with the tour. i deleted the pair and re-paired but nothing.

i have not made a call yet so cant comment but wanted to see if anyone had any issues with the phone book and a nissan....
    07-17-09 10:12 AM
    Turning off echo control worked for me.

07-17-09 10:25 AM
    Can't find Phone Options. Have the problem with people saying they can not hear me on the Tour when using Bluetooth. Please be more explicit. Thanks.
    Open the Phone, hit the BlackBerry button, scroll to Options.
    07-17-09 10:25 AM
    Open the Phone, hit the BlackBerry button, scroll to Options.
    Phone options are in the Phone application not the BB Options. Hit your green send button to take you to the dial screen then hit the menu button, then options.

Good Luck.
    07-17-09 10:58 AM
    the bluetooth works fine with my G35
    07-17-09 11:04 AM
    Coming from someone who has sold cars for five years, Toyota, Mercedes, Audi and BMW make the worst bluetooth systems on the market. They also have the shortest list of compatible phones on the market. Everyone should start at their vehicle manufacturers bluetooth website and see what phones they have listed as compatible and if there are special pairing instructions for your phone. Many times there is one "special" operation the manufacturer website will list. The problem is that certain manufacturers view themselves as a company that sells cars and not cell phones. For those of us that use the built in bluetooth in our cars, this can be very frustrating. Good luck.
    07-17-09 11:55 AM
    Add me to the list of "it's not perfect but I can live with it".

TTY off by default on the Tour and when using built-in Hands-Free system in my car (made by BlueConnect) the caller hears me very clearly, but about 15-20% weaker than when I am on the actual phone itself. It's not objectionable, however.

With the Curve 8330 the same Hands-Free system sounded actually better (to the called party) than using the phone itself. I don't think we're ever going to get a perfect Tour, so we'll have to each decide which of its problematic issues we can live with and which we can't.

I'm quite sure these Bluetooth problems can be fixed by by firmware upgrades embedded in future OS upgrades.
    Last edited by LarryMcJ; 07-17-09 at 12:26 PM.
    07-17-09 12:24 PM
552 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD