i had the same issue, but it didnt seem to be continuously with each call. the only time it was bad for me was when i was on a call, then got into my car and my cars BLuetooth picked it up and the recipient could barely hear me, since then no bad issues... guess the bluetooths got a cavity
    07-15-09 01:31 PM
    I'll jump in and say ditto to the 'they can't hear me' comments but like the user above me it only happens sometimes. The first day I had it and tried making a test call it was fine. The following day the caller couldn't hear me. The day after that I was loud and clear. I'll update today if I still have issues..I've made no changes to settings.
    07-15-09 02:50 PM
    Are you kidding me?!?!?! If this thing doesn't work in my Fusion, I'm going to go off like no other! Even the buggy *** PRE worked in my Fusion!!!!!!!!
    07-15-09 03:14 PM
    Any new findings? I tried using the AUX cable, but I was told by many that I sounded distant and on the speakerphone.
    07-15-09 09:14 PM
    Nothing new here to report. I really think this is going to need a OS update to resolve the problem. How do we even go about reporting something like that to Rim, VZW, etc.

Another question - is this only happening on VZW? Or is Sprint, Bell, etc having this issue.
    07-15-09 10:02 PM
    Telus and Verizon are reporting so far. When I get my Tour tomorrow (maybe Friday - I have to work and won't be home to get the package from the office til later and my partner may or may not get there in time), I'll report my findings.
    07-15-09 10:04 PM
    Nothing new here to report. I really think this is going to need a OS update to resolve the problem. How do we even go about reporting something like that to Rim, VZW, etc.

Another question - is this only happening on VZW? Or is Sprint, Bell, etc having this issue.
    I'll be phoning Telus tomorrow on my bluetooth to make the complaint. I'll keep my other phone close in the event they actually want to hear me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:30 PM
    I don't have a problem with my car bluetooth at all with my Tour. None of my cars have problems with my tours... Although... when I got the phones first I was not able to hear anyone when using bluetooth... Pretty strange.
    07-15-09 11:33 PM
    I don't have a problem with my car bluetooth at all with my Tour. None of my cars have problems with my tours... Although... when I got the phones first I was not able to hear anyone when using bluetooth... Pretty strange.
    Weren't you on an older OS until the official post release version was released?

Just a thought, but lyricdical posted a hybrid -- I'm wondering if the hybrid may fix the issue for now....I have a Mac and cannot install the hybrid right now, if anyone does install the hybrid, please post any findings.

How do we report this as an issue? To RIM or to VZW?
    07-16-09 12:26 AM
    I've tried everything and and people still can barely hear me. Had zero problems with my Voyager and my Cadillac working loud and clear. Hopefully they can fix this soon for us.
    07-16-09 08:46 AM
    I can confirm this issue as well. Bluetooth worked very well with the Storm in my car but people are having difficulty hearing me on the Tour. I tried changing the TTY and echo settings as suggested above but that didn't help. I tried wiping the Tour thinking it was perhaps a bad setting that migrated from the Storm but that didn't help. To confirm, I switched my EMEI back to the Storm and sound quality was back to normal. I sure hope they fix this quickly. This is a deal breaker for me and I'm sure many others.
    07-16-09 10:42 AM
    Mods - can we please make this sticky? I would like to see other people's comments on this thread and due to how busy the forums are right now, this ends up getting bumped down a few pages.
    07-16-09 11:18 AM
    Mods - can we please make this sticky? I would like to see other people's comments on this thread and due to how busy the forums are right now, this ends up getting bumped down a few pages.
    I agree about the sticky..
    07-16-09 11:30 AM
    Brilliant Idea Skeets. This is something that needs to be addressed, seeing that there are not many other software/OS related issues at the current time.

Thank you Mods!
    07-16-09 11:31 AM
    I just posted this issue on RIM's message boards also and provided the link to the discussion we are having here. The link to what I posted at RIM is BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    07-16-09 12:15 PM
    I've been reading this thread since yesterday. I don't have a Tour. Is this a problem with BT headsets, factor car BT systems, or both? The car systems (I have on in my Mini) use a mic in the car. I assume the Tour doesn't activate that so nobody can hear you? Is that the same with a Jabra?
    07-16-09 02:19 PM
    Add me to the list. Doesn't work with my 2007 Camry w/ built-in bluetooth. Previously used a Motorola (forget the model), LG Chocolate, and my dad's Storm with no flaws. I have to shout in order for the recipient to hear me when paired with the Tour. TTY was already off.

Least I know it's an issue with other Tours and not mine. Hope BB will release some update FAST!

Edit: Tried the bluetooth on a Garmin 265 sat nav. Same story. :-(
    Last edited by ThatAnonymousGuy; 07-16-09 at 05:39 PM.
    07-16-09 02:45 PM
    Tour on Sprint here, and no problems with using the integrated bluetooth in my 09 Denali. Boths ends of the conversations are loud and clear.
    07-16-09 03:48 PM
    Interesting Go Blue that yours is working with no problems.

Let me ask you this....did you have the BB search for the car BT or did you have the BB listen and had the car search for it?
    07-16-09 04:51 PM
    Works perfect in my beemer.
    07-16-09 05:44 PM
    After reading this thread I paired my tour w/ my car as soon as I left work, Mine comes through and goes out crystal clear! I must say that I have been blessed apparently b/cI have had none of the problems listed here with my Sprint tour....

- Ordered on Sunday night, got it Tuesday afternoon
    - had a bit of a problem activating it last night but CS handled that with No Prob
    - screen doesn't ripple
    - (Dead serious on this one.... really) ALL of my major Third Party apps transferred from my 8330 to my tour :O
    - all 3 of my BT devices(Samsung SPHH, BlueAnt Z9i, Pioneer BT Car Stereo) paired fine w/ no problems)
    - my battery door wiggles from side to side just a bit, but only when I force it to, will be a non issue w/ regular usage (especially when I get a Case

I LOVE my Tour.... That is all
    07-16-09 06:26 PM
    @klsmalls1 - What steps did you use to pair your tour with your car (and what kind of car)? The steps shouldnt really matter, but just trying to figure out why this works fine for a few of you.

I'm pairing my phone with the Sync system in my F-150. My Sync system has been updated to the 2.0 software from Ford. I may try and pair with my other car tonight, which also has Sync but is still on the 1.x version of it.
    07-16-09 06:34 PM
    I've got an '09 Acura TL and am on Sprint and I haven't had any issues with call quality but my BT connection intermittently disconnects and reconnects. The Acura's also use the data (PAM) connection to reach Acura servers (service appts, notifications, etc) and it is no longer working (BT disconnnects & reconnects). My 8330 with OS 4.5 worked flawlessly in both regards.

I wonder if this is a problem with the BT module in the Tour...
    07-16-09 07:08 PM
    Seems like the Sprint Tours are working fine with automobile bluetooth systems.
    07-16-09 07:25 PM
    Anyone know the version of the OS that Sprint users are running? Is it available for download from Sprint? Wondering if I should try to put it on my VZW Tour.
    07-16-09 07:35 PM
552 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD