for some odd reason i cant watch youtube videos when connected to my wifi network, it starts to load the video but then it says that the wifi connection has been disconnected because of inactivity or something of the sort, when on edge(crappy tmobile edge) i can watch the videos but they are extremely slow and completely unwatchable because it seems that it downloads chunks at a time so when you reach the end of a certain chunk it stops and loads up the next one which takes about 5 minutes.

as a former iphone user, i'm spoiled when it comes to data usage on a phone, because despite what most people say about the iphone's slow 3g i never had any problem.

sorry i went off topic, so any thoughts my fellow crack(berry)heads???
    12-04-09 04:44 PM
    I'd first make sure your router is set up correctly and your phone is connected to it properly also...check out this link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

also try unplugging your modem for about 30 seconds then plugging back in.....power cycle it then try again.
    12-04-09 04:59 PM
    Do a Battery Pull on your device: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in.... power cycle your Wireless router, like above for 30 seconds... then use your Blackberry Browser and go to m.youtube.com
    12-04-09 05:26 PM
    Do a Battery Pull on your device: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in.... power cycle your Wireless router, like above for 30 seconds... then use your Blackberry Browser and go to m.youtube.com
    did this work?
    12-04-09 05:57 PM
    did this work?
    I have the same problem. I can not watch any type of video while on wi-fi. Went thru all settings and just can't figure it out. My 8900 flies on wifi and I just wish I could get videos? Could it be that we need to update our OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem. I can not watch any type of video while on wi-fi. Went thru all settings and just can't figure it out. My 8900 flies on wifi and I just wish I could get videos? Could it be that we need to update our OS?

Recommend you review the Wifi Guide... everything works great for me.
    12-05-09 01:01 PM
    I am having the same problem and was doing some research but apparantly there is no fix... I have no idea why it works on EDGE and not on wifi...anyne here got this issue fixed?
    12-25-09 01:26 PM
    I had the same issue. Called my internet service provider. He made some changes in the wifi router settings. Now its working fine.

If you think the settings on your BB are correct, I suggest you to take up the matter with your internet service provider.
    12-26-09 04:39 AM
    As far as I know, if u have set ur browser to be able browse through wifi then u can watch youtube by wifi. Even better u can download a youtube shorcut (available at getjar, same like crackberry shortcut) then can watch youtube faster.

12-26-09 04:49 AM
    I had the same issue. Called my internet service provider. He made some changes in the wifi router settings. Now its working fine.

If you think the settings on your BB are correct, I suggest you to take up the matter with your internet service provider.
    Do you know what settings to change on the router? Does anybody?
    12-26-09 10:23 AM
    As far as I know, if u have set ur browser to be able browse through wifi then u can watch youtube by wifi. Even better u can download a youtube shorcut (available at getjar, same like crackberry shortcut) then can watch youtube faster.

Well, the issue is that I can use wifi normally to surf and do whatever except watch videos on youtube.
    12-26-09 10:25 AM
    Maybe u can try this Youtube web, I've tried it though, and it works well, fast buffering through wifi.

wwwdotgetjardotcom/mobile/16671/youtube-web/

(sorry, I'm not able to post link, please change the dot)
    Last edited by janz25; 12-26-09 at 10:44 AM.
    12-26-09 10:41 AM
    I have it but still wont work with wifi...I also tried xenozu but I dont think it works with OS .348... it was acting really buggy.
    12-26-09 11:01 AM
    Hemm, dunno if i can help you more, it works great on my 8900, .348 OS as well.

Maybe any Browser setting that you change? and if you want it so bad, maybe you can consider of backup your data and do wipe and re-install.
    12-26-09 12:13 PM
    Bookmark youtube under t-mobile with t-mobile as browser and blackberry as da browser id

12-26-09 12:32 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys but its a no go no matter what I try. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.
    12-26-09 01:39 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys but its a no go no matter what I try. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.
    You are using your Blackberry Browser... correct??? What browser settings are you using??? Go into your BB Browser > Menu > Options > Browser Configuration and then check the General Properties... what are they set to???
    12-26-09 02:08 PM
    You are using your Blackberry Browser... correct??? What browser settings are you using??? Go into your BB Browser > Menu > Options > Browser Configuration and then check the General Properties... what are they set to???
    Yes I'm using BB browser...

browser config settings:

Browser = hotspot

all options checked below that

support javascript
    allow js popups
    terminate slow running scrits etc are all checked.

browser id = BB

GENERAL PROPERTIES:

Default browser = hotspot browser
    enable javascript location support checked
    running WML scripts checked
    12-26-09 02:20 PM
    First, go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Preferred.

These are the settings I have set... and they work for me.

Next, change your Browser > Options > Default Browser to Internet Browser in both Browser Configuration and General Properties... I don't allow js popups... but to each their own... exit all the way out of your Browser... then try it again... go to m.youtube.com... push the letter "U" to see the status bar at the top... you should see the Wifi symbol in a bright white symbol if you are connected to your wireless router... I just tested mine and it worked just fine again!!!
    12-26-09 03:23 PM
    I left my BB at a friends car yesterday...as soon as I go get it I will try those settings and let you know how it goes. thanks!
    12-27-09 12:36 PM
    First, go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Preferred.

Next, change your Browser > Options > Default Browser to Internet Browser in both Browser Configuration and General Properties... I don't allow js popups... but to each their own... exit all the way out of your Browser... then try it again... go to m.youtube.com... push the letter "U" to see the status bar at the top... you should see the Wifi symbol in a bright white symbol if you are connected to your wireless router... I just tested mine and it worked just fine again!!!
    there is no connection preference option...default browser only has hotspot and media net options to choose from
    01-07-10 03:44 PM
    I still have not been able to get youtube with wifi.
    01-12-10 08:40 AM
    I'm having the same problem also. My UMA says I have 3 bars. Hm.
    01-12-10 09:28 AM

It should be Settings > Mobile Network >

Data Services - On
    Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Preffered
    01-12-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD