Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the OS from the PlayBook going to be implemented on all new BB's assuming all goes well? And did they not just partner with people that will exponentially grow their apps? If I read correctly and assumed correctly then in no time flat BB will dominate once again. This has me very excited I can't wait to get my hands on a PlayBook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 09:38 PM
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch. While it's great to see RIM showcase a possible viable competitor like the Playbook, they still have not shown real improvement with their bread and butter, smartphones. If they can show this kind of move forward, the company is not going to be the next Palm.
    09-27-10 09:45 PM
    But I got the impression from CB blog post or somewhere from CB that the different better OS from the PlayBook will be put onto the phones as long as it runs as great as it should, which would eliminate it from possible Palm status.

09-27-10 09:54 PM
    The advertising service they've introduced will really drive people away from it.

Who wants intrusive ads in their face within e-mail, apps or the general interface? NO BLEEPING WAY!!! Makes me feel bad now, that we have this new threat...

I CAN HAZ ADBLOCK MOBILE?!

09-28-10 05:03 AM
    The one thing that I worry about is that they will become like Android or the iPhone. I would hate to see RIM begin producing these touchscreen devices that have robust processors and OS's that drain your battery within a few hours and then your great phone is useless for the remainder of the day. I like the RIM has kept it simple and produces smartphones that are actually "smart" to have. I hope they keep this in mind. But, I know that you can't sop things from changing.

09-28-10 05:15 AM
    The one thing that I worry about is that they will become like Android or the iPhone. I would hate to see RIM begin producing these touchscreen devices that have robust processors and OS's that drain your battery within a few hours and then your great phone is useless for the remainder of the day. I like the RIM has kept it simple and produces smartphones that are actually "smart" to have. I hope they keep this in mind. But, I know that you can't sop things from changing.

I don't want an eye-phone lol

09-28-10 05:38 AM
    The advertising service they've introduced will really drive people away from it.

Who wants intrusive ads in their face within e-mail, apps or the general interface? NO BLEEPING WAY!!! Makes me feel bad now, that we have this new threat...

I don't think iPad owners or iOS4 have been too bothered by that.

09-28-10 07:22 AM

Ummm every gmail user?

Ads don't have to be in your face, google, and Gmail are powered by advertising revenue.
    09-28-10 07:24 AM
    Ummm every gmail user?

Ads don't have to be in your face, google, and Gmail are powered by advertising revenue.
    I don't use gmail. I'm talking about the blog entry from the crackberry team that mentions the new advertising service, that is soon to display ads in native apps, third party apps, inbox, bb maps, etc. It's a real disappointment.

09-28-10 07:27 AM
    I don't use gmail. I'm talking about the blog entry from the crackberry team that mentions the new advertising service, that is soon to display ads in native apps, third party apps, inbox, bb maps, etc. It's a real disappointment.

I know what you are talking about, BUT no where does it say that they are GOING to be intrusive. I am not the eternal pessimist, I will wait to give my judgment on this but I suspect implementation will be the same or similar to that of gmail.
    09-28-10 08:05 AM
    So let there be some ads, I'd rather skip a few ads than pay a ton of money for an OS on a phone. And it will be fast enough to skip the ads with ease.

09-28-10 11:26 AM
    Is a little disappointing about the Ads, but I am sure it won't be a deal breaker...look forward to this new OS and moving ahead...

09-28-10 06:21 PM
    Last thing I want is ads littering my devices. Looks like the playbook is a no-go.
    09-28-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD