i have a bb curve 8530 and i cant see my older msgs from this person is it deleted even though i didnt do it myself
    02-21-11 10:58 AM
    There is a setting in Messages, Options that sets how long a Blackberry keeps its old messages. By default this is set to 3 months (I think).

Have a look and see if your missing messages look like they may have been autodeleted by this "feature".

You can set it to keep messages Forever but if you have a lot of emails coming in (Messages are defined as emails, SMS, MMS) then like a bucket under a dripping tap the BlackBerry will fill up one day.
    NerdGirl likes this.
    02-21-11 11:10 AM
    oh okay ill check that thank you so much and im guessing cell phone companies wouldnt have a log of them
    02-21-11 11:16 AM
    The cell phone company might "have a log of them" but it would take a court order to get them from the carrier.
    02-21-11 11:21 AM
    oh okay ill check that thank you so much and im guessing cell phone companies wouldnt have a log of them
    You might be able to restore them with DM if you have any recent backups saved.
    02-21-11 11:23 AM
    the sms`s are for court.. and i did have backups but my computer crashed and i lost them all
    02-21-11 11:43 AM
    Even if they "are for court", it will take a specific court order to have the carrier release them. Sorry.

Hopefully, you will recover them. In the future, for data that is of critical importanance, backing up the data to more than one medium is advisable.
    02-21-11 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD