I'm kinda new to the blackberry and this is my first time update. I've been googling the absolute shiz on this topic and can't seem to find a solution! I have a blackberry pearl flip 8220. I've tried updating it on the desktop software and I get this error. I've done it on the Loader.exe and I get this. I tried all the following actions, and nothing works. HELP!!! I'm poor so my parents wont buy till like months!!!

Here's a link to a picture to the error!!!
    i53.tinypic.com/3538uf9.png

Plz take a look at it!
    05-15-11 12:05 AM
    when the phone reboots during the update process, it begins to install the USB drivers. sometimes it fails and the phone loses connection. ive had this happen before.

1.) abort the update
    2.) reboot the computer
    3.) once rebooted plug the phone in and open Desktop Manager. disregard the update OS prompt, if asked. then perform a backup. (this will ensure that you have a backup and the drivers are installed)
    4.) close DM when done
    5.) open apploader and proceed with the OS install

on a side note, i assume you have the new OS downloaded and manually installed on your PC right?
    05-15-11 12:17 AM
    when the phone reboots during the update process, it begins to install the USB drivers. sometimes it fails and the phone loses connection. ive had this happen before.

1.) abort the update
    2.) reboot the computer
    3.) once rebooted plug the phone in and open Desktop Manager. disregard the update OS prompt, if asked. then perform a backup. (this will ensure that you have a backup and the drivers are installed)
    4.) close DM when done
    5.) open apploader and proceed with the OS install

on a side note, i assume you have the new OS downloaded and manually installed on your PC right?
    Yeah, I installed the newest OS for my phone.
    I did what you told me above and still get's the same message in the picture.
    *sigh* shoulda just left my phone alone and never have tried to update it......
    05-15-11 12:49 AM
    i got this error before and it was due to driver issues. make sure your drivers are up to date. maybe download the newest ones from the BB site.
    05-15-11 01:08 AM
    can you like post a link to where the newest drivers are?
    05-15-11 01:12 AM
    can you like post a link to where the newest drivers are?
    sure...... USB Drivers - 1st link
    05-15-11 01:21 AM
    haha I'm lame, thanks, I'll try this now......
    05-15-11 01:24 AM
    i mean, something as simple as that man you should be able to find on your own. we can only help you so far lol. sometimes a little footwork of your own is required around here.
    05-15-11 01:29 AM
    Downloaded the latest USB and Modem Drivers thing, installed, retried, and Im still having the same problem, the finish bar is going further though....even if the message still apears..... -____-
    05-15-11 01:31 AM
    I noticed something..... the icon when I retry on my phone shows a phone and a computer with syncing arrows, but when the screen goes black, the error appears!
    I looked up how to fix a nuked blackberry on YT and theres this video of a person trying to do the same thing, but when he does it, his screen doesnt go black, it stays white with the pic of a phone and a computer with sync arrows between...mine doesn't do that... any suggestions?
    05-15-11 01:35 AM
    you made sure in your computers USB settings that they never do dormant? try using a different USB cable. im running out of options for you. when i hit that error, i did everything the pop up said and then rebooted. everything worked fine.
    05-15-11 01:42 AM
    *sigh* is it because I have a laptop? It says:
    3. Connect your device directly to a USB port on your computer. Do not use an intermediary device, including:
    a. USB hub
    b. USB extension cable
    c. Laptop docking station
    d. USB port in front of the computer

on and I don't have another USB cable.....
    05-15-11 01:57 AM
    i use my netbook exclusively for updating blackberry devices. ive only encountered the issue one time, which i told you i was able to clear up. are you using the most recent Desktop Manager?
    05-15-11 02:03 AM
    Yes I googled the most recent DM, downloaded, and installed it. Checked my drivers and made sure that none will go to sleep or anything.
    05-15-11 02:07 AM
    If you have the time, plz look at a vid i rec. of what exactly is happening to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=AVDyMXo_c64
    05-15-11 02:14 AM
    *sigh* is it because I have a laptop? It says:
    3. Connect your device directly to a USB port on your computer. Do not use an intermediary device, including:
    a. USB hub
    b. USB extension cable
    c. Laptop docking station
    d. USB port in front of the computer

on and I don't have another USB cable.....
    Try another USB port. The one your using may be a hub. Use BBsak to wipe and install the new Os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 04:09 PM
    Shauny, are you downloading the Os then installing (unzipping) it into your pc first? It has to be fully loaded into your laptop before it will load into your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD