hey there a newbie here...
    Im having a trouble transfering files from my Cpu to my phone i get a message saying: "An unexpected error is preventing the operation
    error 0x80070057: the parameter is incorrect"
    anyone know the cause of this problem and how to solve it??
    Thanks
    02-10-09 02:50 PM
    anyone have a solution?
    02-11-09 09:32 PM
    anyone have a solution?

Welcome to Crackberry!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems. I have a couple questions for you.

1. Which DM is installed on your computer?
    2. Do you have an Operating System for your blackberry installed on your computer?
    3. What kind of PC are you using? Is it Windows based and XP or Vista?

I will try to help you the best I can when I have this information.

~Jazzi~

02-11-09 10:09 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull on your BB?
    02-11-09 10:13 PM

Welcome to Crackberry!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems. I have a couple questions for you.

1. Which DM is installed on your computer?
    2. Do you have an Operating System for your blackberry installed on your computer?
    3. What kind of PC are you using? Is it Windows based and XP or Vista?

I will try to help you the best I can when I have this information.

~Jazzi~

thanks for the reply
    1. dont know what you mean by DM?? lol
    2.i have blackberry desktop manager
    3.im using Windows Vista
    02-16-09 11:02 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull on your BB?
    you mean just removing the battery?? if so i have tried that already
    02-16-09 11:03 PM
    How are you trying to transfer them? All you need to do is plug bb into usb port and enable mass storage mode then drag and drop. You don't really need DM (desktop manager)
    02-16-09 11:08 PM
    use the disk that came in the box of your Blackberry device ...
    02-17-09 04:20 PM
    How are you trying to transfer them? All you need to do is plug bb into usb port and enable mass storage mode then drag and drop. You don't really need DM (desktop manager)
    yeah i use to transfer my files by using mass storage mode and draggin them.. but for some reason i cant no more i get that message every time i tried to.
    02-21-09 12:59 AM
    Are you talking about the mass storage mode message? If so.........Put your phone in mass storage mode by going to options>media card>enable mass storage mode support ON. Let us know.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-21-09 at 01:11 AM.
    02-21-09 01:09 AM
    Are you talking about the mass storage mode message? If so.........Put your phone in mass storage mode by going to options>media card>enable mass storage mode support ON. Let us know.
    no, i get that message on my computer when i try and drag files from my cpu to my BB.
    02-21-09 10:41 PM
    To start, a 0x80070057 error usually means that the file or folder is corrupt or unreadable. The usually fix for this is to run the Vista Startup Repair tool. You can find more about it at the following link.

Startup Repair: frequently asked questions - Windows Vista Help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 11:44 PM
    hey thanks man, i tried this but there was no solution i still ge this message... any think else i can do??
    03-05-09 04:35 PM
    Each sequences of steps assumes that you are starting from the main menu.

Pairing BlackBerry and Computer

On the BlackBerry
    1. Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Add Device
    2. Select your device from the list of available Bluetooth devices
    3. Enter the passkey

On the Computer
    1. Enter the passkey when the window pops up

Configure BlackBerry to Receive Files

On the BlackBerry
    1. Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Press the menu key and select Options
    2. Change the Discoverable setting to Yes

If you want to be able to transfer to your BlackBerry, this setting needs to be enabled. It is not necessary if all you want to do is send files from the BlackBerry.

Upload Photo from Computer to BlackBerry
    Potential Usage: Transfer a picture to use as a background or for caller ID on the BlackBerry.

On the BlackBerry
    1. Media -> Press the menu key and select Receive Using Bluetooth
    2. You should see a message on the phone that says Waiting for Connection.
    3. go to bluetooth on computer and click on send file and follow instructions.

Upload Music from Computer to BlackBerry
    On the BlackBerry
    1. Musc -> Press the menu key and select Receive Using Bluetooth
    2. You should see a message on the phone that says Waiting for Connection.
    3. go to bluetooth on computer and click on send file and follow instructions.

It works great!!!!! Don't have to download to applications
    03-21-09 09:48 PM
    i still dont know how to get rid of this problem thanks to everyone that gave me some tips.. anyone have any other guesses i can to to resolve this problem??
    04-06-09 04:24 PM
    Hi! I am having the exact same problem!!!

I'm savvy with computers, have rebooted, removed BB battery, looked everywhere for solutions, and suddenly I can't get around that error code. I can transfer from the BB to my computer, but I can't drop any file into the BB. I as well use drag and drop with media sharing on, but BB desktop manager's Roxio Media Manager also is not working.

What do we do now!! I'm one step from reformatting my blackberry 8gb sandisk microSD card and hoping that clears the issue. I'm leaning towards the possibility that this is an issue caused by some mp3 that may have had DRM (digital rights management) attributes that somehow has blocked the BB from being able to receieve files. But I'm not sure what else to try.

Does reformatting solve you think? Is there some service or software on my computer i can tell to relax!?

Thanks to those trying to help and glad to find someone who is struggling with the same problem simultaneously!
    04-06-09 06:29 PM
    Ok, so I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Sandisk, who had no clue either, but finally said to format it, then i went to format and it was (for the 2nd time) telling me the only choice for formatting while it was inside the phone was to format as a 4gb, even though its a 8gb

Long story short - I have this sweet little microSD to SDcard adapter, and I have an SDcard slot in my computer, and when i popped it in there, i figured what the **** and tried a file transfer, sure enough works fine now dragging and dropping onto that card. So I can get the job done this way, pop the thing back into my phone out of the adapter later.

Hopefully this method will work for you too, sorry to hear you've been dealing with it for several months! Even if you don't have one of those cardslots in your computer, the microSD to SD adapters are not hard to find, and you could use somebody's digital camera that reads SD cards, and plug that into the computer, and maybe the files will transfer then.
    Last edited by Bry317; 04-07-09 at 11:37 AM.
    04-07-09 11:35 AM
    thanks for the advice, yeah this problem sucks. i gave your method a shot and it does transfer the file(s) but my blackberry wont play it after its transfer
    04-07-09 04:50 PM
    same error message when trying to copy files (mp3's) into my BB bold 9780. So I attempted to add the Mp3's into another folder and it worked!

So to explain step by step,

I connected my BB via USB cable to my laptop

I selected Mass Storage on my BB and the window popped up on my laptop.

I selected "open folder to view files"

I have a music folder in my BB, however I am unorganized and I simply drag my songs onto into the BB (so all the files appear outside any designated folders)

BUT this time when I tried adding a song I got that Error Message!

So I thought maybe the blackberry gods are trying to teach me to organize my ****!

So I dragged the song from my laptop into the "music" folder in my BB, and I saw that sweet transfer bar going and no annoying ERROR MESSAGE.

No sure what happened but alls I know is it's WORKING again lol

Hope that helps!
    08-17-11 12:18 AM
    Well, This issue can either occur because of some corruption on the computer/BlackBerry files DM is desktop manager/ Drivers/ Windows itself or issues with the memory card. I recommend you purchase a memory card reader from any electronics store that fits the memory card on your phone and then check and see if you can retrieve the file, If you can retrieve the file then create a backup of the same, Reinstall the Desktop Manager and check the same in the BlackBerry.
    08-17-11 03:02 AM
    The problem is likely a corrupt file. Since you are transferring from the PC to the BB try copying the files one at a time and see if one file generates the error. You could also try (if you have an SD card reader on your PC) pulling the SD card from the BB and seeing if you can copy the files while it is connected to the PS (thus taking the BB out of the equation entirely). That might give you some more information.
    08-17-11 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD