So I had my style for about 2.5 years and it was a little outdated so I was really happy when I got my Q10 but lost some stuff like pandora couldn't work with it, but then you could sideload apps, battery lasted a long time, had 3G everywhere, BB hub is cool...

Then after about a year I got a replacement Q10, about the same time Sprint launched 4G, and my phone has just been garbage, it only gets 4G out doors, if I go into any building I get nothing, something changed with FB some times it wouldn't load pics, now it just says "could not load content" about 50% of the time, even on wifi. I can only see comments but not replies to them and BB10 is dead and BB is going with android now but they made the PRIV a HUGE 5.5" phone which is worthless to me....... I thought maybe my Q10 was the issue but nope I got another replacement one, now my pictures are all out of order and I'm still having the same issues.

AND I'M SO MAD, LITERALLY NOBODY MAKES A SMARTPHONE PHONE WITH A KEYBOARD but BB...... I hate typing on glass but I guess I will have to? I like the BB hub, having access to the file system, the security and how it handles pictures ect. but sideloaded apps don't work the best, I know I'm going to hate it but at least I will be able to check facebook, and play my ios games anywhere.....
    Last edited by ScaryFatKidGT; 03-07-16 at 03:48 AM.
    03-06-16 05:24 PM
    Sounds like your carrier is the issue.
    03-06-16 05:27 PM
    Sounds like your carrier is the issue.
    I thought about that but people with sprint iPhones, and android phones do fine.

I would seriously get a PRIV if it wasn't so damn huge......... and the lack of FB compatibility and apps..... I love how the messages are integrated into the FB app but when you can't even see peoples replies.... it's just worthless.

Keep trying to DL stuff from the amazon store and it either doesn't work or isn't there. Side loading apps would be fine for me, takes a little more work but gets the job don't, but it doesn't as they don't really work.

I have had this phone for 3 years and want to upgrade but don't see any good options.
    03-07-16 03:41 AM
    As for the Facebook issue, try Face 10. It will cost $5, but it is well worth it. Much cheaper than the cheapest IPhone available. The developer is great and the app works very well with BlackBerry 10.

As for the signal issue, try resetting the phone using the desktop link software.

There should not be a big difference in the signal strength between the IPhone and the Q10. If anything, BlackBerry phones usually get a better signal than the other phones.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk and ScaryFatKidGT like this.
    03-07-16 02:24 PM
    If you do move on from BB10, don't let phone size hold you back. Larger phones seem enormous for the first couple of days, but in my experience, after a couple of days the larger phone will seem normal sized, and your old phone will seem tiny! It's weird how that happens, but it really does...

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-07-16 11:49 PM
    As for the Facebook issue, try Face 10. It will cost $5, but it is well worth it. Much cheaper than the cheapest IPhone available. The developer is great and the app works very well with BlackBerry 10.
    It's like, an independent FB Client?

As for the signal issue, try resetting the phone using the desktop link software.

There should not be a big difference in the signal strength between the IPhone and the Q10. If anything, BlackBerry phones usually get a better signal than the other phones.

Posted via CB10
    But it's doing the exact same thing my old one did and I reset that one multiple times, sometimes even in the same area where I have had 4G before, I don't at times, just 1X, and if it says 3G I have nothing, sometimes I can load a page on 1X but usually if it doesn't say 4G I have nothing. On my Style I could just update the PRL and Profile and it would fix everything....

Also the link software has changed from a year ago and it's kind of confusing, I barely got my stuff transferred and now my pic's are all out of order.

If you do move on from BB10, don't let phone size hold you back. Larger phones seem enormous for the first couple of days, but in my experience, after a couple of days the larger phone will seem normal sized, and your old phone will seem tiny! It's weird how that happens, but it really does...

Posted via CB10
    I just want to be able to text with one hand and some muscle memory of the layout Like on a 6 plus (PRIV size) you can't even unlock the phone with 1 hand, it literally takes both hands to put in the pass-code, like WTF NO.

I don't really "want to" move on from BB, I like how responsive BB10 is but with BB10 being declared "dead" and BB switching to Android even with the added security it kind of seems like "New Coke"... the Samsung people will buy Samsung's and the BB people wont like it, which is not what BB needs right now, but it is the path they have chosen.

Physical buttons are SOOOOOO nice, anytime someone hand's me there Glalaxy SX phone I trigger the bottom touch buttons and mess stuff up.
    03-08-16 03:33 AM
    Give a Motorola X a try.
    03-08-16 04:41 AM
    I personally find the q10 screen too small. But I would stick with it if you love the keyboard. so much more effective than using a virtual keyboard.

Like the other poster said use the Face10 ap for facebook, there is also an instagram app. And the FB messenger is as good as whatsapp!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 05:22 AM
    Don't buy an iphone. Beyond having the exact same thing as everyone else and a garbage VKB, there are serious issues with their company for anyone with a shred of integrity. Look up their Chinese factories. Their phones are essentially made with the bones of Chinese workers.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 06:18 AM
    Try the oneplus2

Posted via CB10
    ScaryFatKidGT likes this.
    03-08-16 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm finding that out. Never thought I would like a larger phone but finding it to be an enjoyable experience.
    03-08-16 11:41 AM