Just find out this morning that on IPHONE there is no easily way to selective share pictures through Dropbox with friends... according to a thread on iMore, when I was trying to help my wife to share pictures with her friends.

Yes, you know why I am posting it here. Lol.

And on my z10, I can really "drop" those pictures into the "box".

OK I know this is so cliche and can't believe I am repeating this: tools vs toys... lol.
    08-05-13 12:53 PM
    Just find out this morning that on IPHONE there is no easily way to selective share pictures through Dropbox with friends... according to a thread on iMore, when I was trying to help my wife to share pictures with her friends.

Yes, you know why I am posting it here. Lol.

And on my z10, I can really "drop" those pictures into the "box".

OK I know this is so cliche and can't believe I am repeating this: tools vs toys... lol.
    My wife's reply when I repeated this to her: I really don't care. And neither does my iPhone.
    00stryder and Acidwire like this.
    08-05-13 01:47 PM
    My wife's reply when I repeated this to her: I really don't care. And neither does my iPhone.
    She's a keeper, though I'm sure you know that.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-05-13 01:51 PM
    She's a keeper, though I'm sure you know that. Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    Yup. I thought I could make her the black(berry?) sheep of her family and get her using a Z10 but no, Apple products all the way.
    00stryder likes this.
    08-05-13 02:04 PM
    Yup. I thought I could make her the black(berry?) sheep of her family and get her using a Z10 but no, Apple products all the way.
    Lol it's all good. Thankfully in most marriages device preference is not a requirement. My fiance loves her Z10 (she should; we were both stuck on the Storm 2 for two and a half years waiting on BB10) but I've encouraged her to branch out and try other ecosystems for herself. But, she seems content where she is right now.

Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-05-13 02:43 PM
    Yep, same here. I tried to get a Z10 for my wife and she said it was too big for her hands... and for this problem she said, why do I have to go through dropbox? I just need to send 10 emails for 10 pictures..... to me so I can rename all those freaking picture names (they all have "picture" as the name on iphone) and put it in the public directory of my dropbox account and send the shared link to our friends
    00stryder and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    08-05-13 03:25 PM
    Yep, same here. I tried to get a Z10 for my wife and she said it was too big for her hands... and for this problem she said, why do I have to go through dropbox? I just need to send 10 emails for 10 pictures..... to me so I can rename all those freaking picture names (they all have "picture" as the name on iphone) and put it in the public directory of my dropbox account and send the shared link to our friends
    LMAO so you're basically her work-around... thank goodness my fiance doesn't know she can ask that of me!

08-05-13 03:52 PM
    Lol it's all good. Thankfully in most marriages device preference is not a requirement. My fiance loves her Z10 (she should; we were both stuck on the Storm 2 for two and a half years waiting on BB10) but I've encouraged her to branch out and try other ecosystems for herself. But, she seems content where she is right now.

Indeed it isn't! She hated my Storm 2, tolerated using my Bold, couldn't get used to my Z10. She checked out a couple Androids owned by friends, but ultimately settled on familiar territory - iPhone is what her family communicates with, and she was already used to them, so that's what she wanted. Understandable. Le sigh.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 03:57 PM
    My wife just uses hers for texting, iMessage, Facetime, Netflix, and Candy Crush. Her photo sharing is done through Facebook. File syncing, that's my job.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 04:01 PM
    If be interested in knowing what problem you had exactly. I really like the BB10 integration with Dropbox, but I've never had a problem with iOS either. Everything is doable that I've ever attempted, although some things like renaming files needs to be done on the website in Safari.
    08-05-13 04:07 PM
    My wife just uses hers for texting, iMessage, Facetime, Netflix, and Candy Crush. Her photo sharing is done through Facebook. File syncing, that's my job.

Posted via CB10
    Important function for many wives/significant others, it seems!

08-05-13 04:12 PM
    You can send 10 pictures in 1 email in iOS, why need to send 10 emails for that.
    08-05-13 04:15 PM
    You can send 10 pictures in 1 email in iOS, why need to send 10 emails for that.
    I'm assuming image quality increases the size of the attachment, or, his wife just doesn't know/want to.

*SNIP*
    Whoa... Tone it down buddy. No need for name-calling. You won't make any friends jumping into forum threads ready to start an argument.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 08-06-13 at 08:20 AM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-05-13 10:37 PM
    If be interested in knowing what problem you had exactly. I really like the BB10 integration with Dropbox, but I've never had a problem with iOS either. Everything is doable that I've ever attempted, although some things like renaming files needs to be done on the website in Safari.
    Basically after a birthday party of my friend's baby, my wife found about 10 pictures of the baby in her iPhone and wanted to send it back to my friend. So I thought, that's easy, just uploaded them to dropbox and sent the link to my friend, right? Then we found that she doesn't even have a dropbox account. So I downloaded the app and set it up for her, then we found a problem: how do we upload those 10 pictures to dropbox without uploading all of her pictures? A quick search surprised me that there wasn't an solution available that was as easy as what I could do with my Z10.... but I may be only looking for the ways similar to what I have on Z10, so if you know a way in iOS platform to handle this and would like to share, that would be great.
    08-05-13 11:28 PM
    I'm assuming image quality increases the size of the attachment, or, his wife just doesn't know/want to.
    She did send those pictures to me one by one ... I think she actually knows how to send multiple pictures through one email but that's what she did this time... oh well
    00stryder likes this.
    08-05-13 11:38 PM
    A photostream gallery would have been a better idea but you probably don't know about those either.

Not really sure why dropbox was a challenge but I'm sure you'll work it out.

Basically after a birthday party of my friend's baby, my wife found about 10 pictures of the baby in her iPhone and wanted to send it back to my friend. So I thought, that's easy, just uploaded them to dropbox and sent the link to my friend, right? Then we found that she doesn't even have a dropbox account. So I downloaded the app and set it up for her, then we found a problem: how do we upload those 10 pictures to dropbox without uploading all of her pictures? A quick search surprised me that there wasn't an solution available that was as easy as what I could do with my Z10.... but I may be only looking for the ways similar to what I have on Z10, so if you know a way in iOS platform to handle this and would like to share, that would be great.
    08-06-13 07:31 AM
    Here's the instructions from Dropbox for uploading select photos from your iPhone: https://www.dropbox.com/help/84

Although I have to agree with Xander, photo stream is an easier way (and better IMO) than the Dropbox route. But, you've got both options anyway, and choice is always good.
    08-06-13 08:02 AM
    Here's one way to send multiple pictures in one email/message.
    Go to the photo library, hit Edit, select the photos u want to send, hit Share, then u'll get the option to send it via email or by message or Facebook or Photo Stream.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    08-06-13 08:17 AM
    Thanks guys! Those are all better ways than what we did. It again proves how laughable the argument of tools vs toys is, and so was my sense of pride toward Z10.
    08-06-13 08:38 AM
    Thanks guys! Those are all better ways than what we did. It again proves how laughable the argument of tools vs toys is, and so was my sense of pride toward Z10.
    This guy ^^ proves that you can be a fanboy and still be sane :P
    08-06-13 04:08 PM
    This guy ^^ proves that you can be a fanboy and still be sane :P
    Wait... I said the method you guys posted were better than the way we did, which was originated from a iPhone, I didn't say they are better than what I would do if it was originated from a Z10.
    08-06-13 06:25 PM
    Wait... I said the method you guys posted were better than the way we did, which was originated from a iPhone, I didn't say they are better than what I would do if it was originated from a Z10.
    He's complimenting you on not sticking to your guns and defending your original method as if it were the only option worth knowing, even faced with ridicule and presentation of potentially better ways. Aka The Rabid Fanbois Basic Argument.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and mikeo007 like this.
    08-06-13 08:30 PM
    I know. But I love my Z10. Love is blind.
    08-06-13 11:18 PM