For some reason, on the Sprint software, for the Torch 9850, I cannot setup my e-mail on the handset. When I go to Setup > Email Accounts instead of going to the app, it automatically sends me to the bis website for Sprint. Does anyone know how to fix this, or did Sprint and RIM decide to take the mail setup application out of the mix without telling anyone?
    07-29-12 11:18 PM
    I had the same exact problem. This is what happened to me doing the OTA update. Try downloading the file and installing it that way. It fixed my problem. If you need help my PIN is posted.
    07-30-12 12:39 AM
    Okay. Figured out what it is. For whatever reason, the email setup application is not being installed. I do not know if they think it will be less complicated for actual users or what, but now you have to manually install the email setup application in the desktop wizard.
    Last edited by atuarre; 07-30-12 at 01:16 AM.
    07-30-12 01:06 AM
    Did installing the email setup app fix your problem? I just waited for the file to be available to install on my PC, did a wipe and install. That fixed it for me.
    07-30-12 01:09 AM
    Did installing the email setup app fix your problem? I just waited for the file to be available to install on my PC, did a wipe and install. That fixed it for me.
    Yes, it did.
    07-30-12 01:44 AM
    That's good to hear & good to know.
    07-30-12 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD